1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khawarij profiles

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Skjarr, Feb 15, 2019.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Unlikely because if FAT1 was universal it'd just be on the overall skills. Best option is FAT1 is common to all Rifle+LSG but missing from the HRL and BSG profiles.

Balewolf likes this.
  2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I'd be irrationally interested if we knew why. Alas. The world will never know.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Most likely to prevent those two Impact Templates from getting stronger. This way it only works for two profiles with LSGs.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That's fine; it's just that nobody wants to deal with having to remember which Rifle+LSG+Grenades models have it.

5. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

Fatality doesn't work on technocal or throwable weapons. So I see little point not giving it to all

6. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

He was talking about the light shotguns. Those very much benefit from FAT1.

Stiopa likes this.
  7. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

It's rather interesting to see the relative lack of response to these profiles from other factions. Unlike the Kamau or Hollow Men or other 'new,' sectorial defining units that have inspired concerned responses.

8. Papa Bey

From us, the faction fanboys? :D

I don't have a ticket for the hype train. I burned myself last year on Aleph OS releases and then discovering... "Hey. This is cool and all but the stuff I'll use isn't terribly viable." There is too much context missing for me (leaving aside possible er, editing errors) so I'm staying as restrained as possible. So I've resolved to see the final data.

Besides, I don't feel this is that "sectorial defining" of a unit. I believe "most" of us view this as more of an outlier. A probable fire team that will be used to shake things up, not as a standard inclusion sort of thing. Or I'm wrong. :/ It's about equally likely that QK being sent to it's room with a complimentary parting gift of an upgrade may end up being just as appealing to play for me.

Barrogh and Palomides like this.
  9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Bostria said in the recent videos (more than one of them, even), that QK is not getting discontinued this year.

10. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

He said the Bakunin and HB definitely weren't getting discontinued, I don't remember any mention of QK.

Which video did he say QK were safe?

Errhile and Ariwch like this.
  11. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

This seems eminently reasonable and, therefore, has no rightful place on an internet message board! :p

I don't even mean the hype train, really. I saw posts in YJ, for instance, concerned about the new MO or VIRD. We have posts in this forum concerned about TAK and their bag of tricks. Other factions don't really seem worried about RTF and, while the information is still limited, that doesn't necessarily feel great

This is an interesting claim. To me, RTF seems to be sold around Tarik and the Khawarij. They're the super soldiers that were promised, got new profiles before launch (like the Kamau), and just got a new box. They may not be super strong, but what do you see a "sectorial defining" instead? The Al Fasid?

I use the term to denote not necessarily a power piece, but rather a flavorful or unique and recognizable unit.

Ixidro likes this.
  12. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I've seen CanCon and Colder than Carbonite satellites videos. He didn't said anything about not MRRFing QK.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

My apologies if I misremembered

14. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Why would anyone from other factions be concerned about ARM 1 single-wounded, expensive model without any defensive tricks and with basic MOV?
    They only got 2 "powerful" (and expensive) loadouts.
    The only things I can see them being concerned about are Tarik and Ghazis, but that is a long-discussed theme.
    We don't have anything OP-looking to be discussed apart from those two mentioned units.

Cannon Fodder, Barrogh and Ariwch like this.
  15. Papa Bey

I think the Khawarij suffer from familiarity. They've been around forever and nothing less than a total rework would make anyone think much differently about them. Work that might as well be put into a new unit. Super Jump isn't new and used more/better by a couple other sectorials at this time. I'd guess a majority of this forum thinks bioimmunity is 'bloat'. Also that C:NWI should apparently be free. With that underfoot who else is left to lead the parade?

Al Fasid were reworked completely and featured in Red Veil and associated fiction. I honestly rarely see anyone talk about it anymore. Of course, it currently only exists in "vanilla" and thus there are no fire team stuff to pile on top of them.

Zheyadan? Mostly ignored and also not currently useable in a fire team and thus... on hold. Also sorta boring with only the niche gimmick of breaker + shock.

Naffatun? Feuerbach? Pretty please? Everyone else appears to be obsessed with vulcan shotguns and heavy rocket launchers. At best though, doomed to be that core grunt thing that gets used once a gimmick is figured out for it.

Ghulam? Hahahahhahahahahahhah.

Unit TBA? Sorry, that's a secret surprise for next month at the earliest.

Trying not to be too bitter. :(

Barrogh and The Red Duke like this.
  16. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

The biggest strike against the Khawarij and the Zhayedan are their point costs. They both float around the upper 20's lower 30's costs because of skills that can be considered bloaty/situational.

I personally think Bioimmunity is fine. It works with the fluff and allows Haqq's superior doctors to get them on their feet again. CC20 and poison on the other hand is very situational. It's not worth it risking a 30-ish points troop in CC without any CC modifiers when super jump + fatality makes it more likely for the Khawarij to get proper rangebands and catch the opponent out of cover.
    I do think the Mk12 will shine in vanilla supported by cheap smokethrowers like Ghazi or Kum riders, allowing for mid-field shenanigans and camo hunting.

The Zhayedan are, in my opinion, also overcosted for what they bring, other than the sniper and breaker rifle profiles. AutoMedkit works against Haqqislam's strength, especially in the sectorial that's going to have the most and diverse doctors. (Infiltrating, AD, super-jump, etc...)
    Unless the HMG and Missile launcher profiles get marksmanship as a skill, which I doubt, there's no point picking them over Ghilim. You'll only be trading in 1 BS and 1 Armor for a lot of freed up points and SWC.

The Breaker rifle Zhayedan in a core link team will be disgusting on the other hand, in optimal range bands you'll always be firing on 18's before visual modifiers. I think that's where the higher cost and lack of survivability is justified. You're getting one hell of a glass cannon.

RTF's current standout unit is Tarik himself, but he works really well in vanilla where you have the tools to support him like cheaper Chain of Command and the like. He's pretty strong as a solo piece and a fireteam might only slow him down.
    Which reminds me, say if Tarik is leading a team of Ghilim. If he is the fireteam leader and declares super jump, does everyone in his fireteam have to declare jump, or can they use a regular move action?

Barrogh, Xeurian and ik3rian like this.
  17. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

There were couple of angry threads about linked Fatality lvl 2 troops, but no so long or angry indeed.

Because... well, they are ARM 1 single-wound expensive platforms.

18. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

ghulams will just idle in that case, cause they can't perform the jump with one short skill.

19. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Him specifically calling out HB and Bakunin as safe makes me think the QK and Corregidor are done for.

More on topic it really feels with the Khawarij that they're the ultimate glass cannon. their strength is in crit fishing, which is much more useful in the active turn and in a Fireteam thanks to the extra burst. The new profiles don't do much to change that for me.

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I hope that QK and Corregidor are rotated out

That means potentially small buffs and link updates for them, like what SAA and MRRF got!

Ariwch likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation