1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate my List: Trevor's Nightmare

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by holycannoli, Jan 24, 2019.

1. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

So this is the story of me being a good Ariadna friend. I have a friend named Trevor. Trevor runs military orders, and for some strange reason he's absolutely terrified of Ratniks. The mini is just mentioned in spitballing and list building brings a clear sense of dread. This has been present ever since he first faced one in close quarters during an armory mission. Maybe it's the mini itself being intimidating, but he really really hates them. He's quite fond of pain train links, including the hospitaller/magister 5 man and now changed over to the magister/teutonic 5 man. Regardless; because I'm such a good friend and I have a kazak half of a 2nd coldfront, I decided to make a list to capitalize on his fear of Ratniks.

Tartary Army Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    RATNIK Heavy Rocket Launcher, Heavy Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 44)
    RATNIK Heavy Rocket Launcher, Heavy Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 44)
    DOG-WARRIOR 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CCW. (0 | 27)
    VASSILY (Chain of Command) T2 Sniper, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 39)
    SCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    COLONEL VORONIN (Sensor) Lieutenant T2 Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 21)
    VETERAN KAZAK (Fireteam: Dúo) Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 42)
    FRONTOVIK Engineer T2 Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea being a brick of a defensive link that's protecting an order generating Veronin and is relatively difficult to shift once it gets onto an objective. The defensive nature of it is why I took a mk12 over a APHMG as it's almost the same in ARO. The Dog Warrior supports the advance of the ratniks with smoke. In general it has a lot of offensive beef moving up while the camo tokens push button's and continue to clear the way for the Ratniks to go kick in doors and wreck up the place. I tried to keep it a LI list as I tend to really enjoy building and playing LI lists.

#1 holycannoli, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Golem2God and SirGrumpyPants like this.
  2. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Do you have the points to make one of the Ratnik's a the double Molotok version? It has AP and a very high burst, and a panzerfaust for ARO. It may be worth taking a look at.

3. holycannoli

I've yet to try out the double molotok version of the Ratnik in general. I may be biased due to the actual mini's loadout. I could try switching out the dog warrior for just an Irmandinho and go with double molotoks.

I've still yet to try out this list. My current games may have been with some recently purchased IA.

4. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

Actually I played a very simmilar list in an ITS with a good general performace.
    Improve one Ratnik to Molotok and DUO it with HRL. Use HRL in ARO and long ranges, use Molotok to slowly aproach killing as much as you can with that burst 5. When close enough devastate with the heavy shotgun.

And remeber, they have dogged. If they are going to fall unconscious shout "¡FOR THE MOTHERLAND, ENEMY SHALL NOT PASS! and launch it into a glorius dead within fire and enemy corpses.

SirGrumpyPants likes this.
  5. John Benford

John Benford Member

If you like Limited insertion, how about this TAK list. It has 19 Camo markers!!

Tartary Army Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    STRELOK (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    STRELOK (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    STRELOK K-9 Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 K-9 Antipode / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE Trench-hammer, AP CC Weapon. (8)
    STRELOK (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    VASSILY Lieutenant (Forward Observer) T2 Sniper, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 35)
    TANKHUNTER (Chain of Command) AP Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    TANKHUNTER (Chain of Command) AP Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    SCOUT (Minelayer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    RATNIK 2 Molotoks, 2 Panzerfausts / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 54)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Golem2God, nakar and SirGrumpyPants like this.
  6. holycannoli

Some people just want to watch the world burn...

That is pretty close to a tournament TAK list that I'd run. If I join a more competitive/mean spirited league I'm flooding the board with camo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation