1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Zondnautica design

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by tokumei, Feb 9, 2019.

1. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Title says it all. I think they did a good job.

Attached Files:

SirGrumpyPants, aglaraina and Icchan like this.
  2. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

Where did these pictures come from? I think I like it. The zondmate looks a little tall for S4, I wonder if they're going to change it to S2? It's hard to tell for sure with just the concept art.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Dislike. I'd have preferred more of a Tysklon with seat look.

4. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Simply fantastic! I love the design. Feels really high techy-techy.

5. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

KInda not that pleased, looks too high-tech, aleph grade. Also not sure how the thing transforms, sujian does look plausible and can see all components where they go, but here, at least from the concept design I don't see it.

Shrooms, FatherKnowsBest and Balewolf like this.
  6. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

I think that's a reasonable thing for Tunguska though, it's the money ship of the cyberpunk faction. Powerful... extra legal organizations with tech equal to or surpassing Military/Government equipment is a staple of cyberpunk fiction and there's no question that Tunguska fits that description. Plus they must have some serious tech to build and maintain Arachne independently from Mayanet.

The real litmus test would be if a color swap alone would make it look like an aleph model, or if the design details are coherent with Kriza and Hollowmen.

Not super excited for a transformer bot instead of an autonomous bike, but I'll keep an open mind until we see a render.

Pr01yfic likes this.
  7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

it doesn't look like a S4 REM at all. I was thinking it would be more in line of an autonomous bike with mounted weaponry (like transductor et al box), although it also has to gain Climb and Jump abilities in REM form (as Bike form cannot Jump upward). But REM with Climb+ is not foreign for nomad.

I like the bike model and the pilot looks ok.

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

In a vacuum I like the design, but I agree with people that the transformed mode doesn't look like an S4 model with 8-4 MOV. That kind of implied that it remained in a more or less motorcycle-like configuration.

9. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

The more I look at the design, the more i think we're going to see a profile change. Maybe just the silhouette and MOV value though.

What if the zondmate becomes MOV 4-4, S2, superjump? Those legs look pretty powerful!

DukeofEarl, Robock and toadchild like this.
  10. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

I seem to be following the consensus here. I like the look, but suspect the profile will have to change to accommodate it.

11. geckoguy

geckoguy Member

Design is good, biker and bike are fantastic. I do think the bot looks good, but it is an odd choice to do that design. Perhaps its not final? Def odd choice. Sculptors have also gone slightly rogue off concept art before as well so its not out of the question for the design to change.

12. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I love the entire design. While I agree the dossier makes the Zondmate look a little big, maybe it will be posed in a way to fit the S4 Sil?

Then again Sil has been kinda janky lately, just look at the Blackjacks.

I think the profiles are really good as they are now, I hope there won’t be any significant changes.

13. shakedown47

shakedown47 New Member

I think in a faction where the S2 Hollow Man moves 6-2, it's believable that this S4 robot Pistorius could run 8-4.

14. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Looks ugly, doesn't fit the rules, doesn't fit the faction. I'd rather go with someone riding the robo cat.

15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The Zond doesn't stay a bike, he can climb, jump etc after the rider dismounts.
    Kinda makes sense he goes humanoid from a rules perspective.

barakiel likes this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, I guess I expected something more like the Su Jian mobility form than an upright biped.

E-Warden and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  17. invalideffort

invalideffort Burnt Spektr

Personally I really like the pilot, outside of that the bike and bot I think looks good I’m going to hold my final opinion until I see 3D renders and hi def dossier art. But I like them. I do hope the mini is real sleek looking and crouched low when it is produced.
    Also not sure if the dossier art is male or female(think it’s female) but I like the fact that I can’t tell in an instant!

18. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I like the rider, not so much the bike and robot itself.

But maybe the finished product will suprise us. So let's wait. :)

Side note: Have already made a conversion with Penthesilea. Depending on how the rider will be assembled I will maybe do a second one with the rider and Su Jian.

19. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

All of the other REM can jump and climb and they are not humanoid. Not sure how the transductor zond jumps, but it does. And however it achieves it a bike with a little added flexibility when there is no rider could also do it.

20. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

This thread made me remember I have a Kisa&Scratch model from Relic Knights laying around on my box. And now I have an use for it. Converting that into a zondnautica is going to be boss.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation