1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Juan Lara's App

Discussion in 'Apps' started by Roadrunner7431, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

The most recent blog which puts the spotlight on Marcos of the CB staff mentions Juan Lara's App. Does anyone know if this app is available in the States. I am studying Spanish and learn more each day. The Spanish speaking member of the Aristeia NZ team @Numazokola showed how the app could be used to determine LOS in the Hexadome during a recent Twitch stream.

2. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

This app is available in Russia in Google store. Try to search Aristeia in google store if you have Android phone.

3. Roadrunner7431

@krotos Thank you for your quick and kind reply. My regular Aristeia! playing partner has an Android phone. Sadly, I have become accustomed to take regular large bites of the Apple.

4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Also, it needs to be Android 6.0+, my old trusty Android 5.1 can't download it.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  5. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

Hi guys! There is the full app in the Google Store, but the LoS is not ready yet... we are helping the test and will be soon in the same app from Juan Larra for android. He can just program for android but maybe soon will be available for ios (thats what "ecos del Hexadome" podcast says).

So be patient

Roadrunner7431 and treiral like this.
  6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I don't have access to my phone at the moment, what is the app for?

7. Roadrunner7431

I have not seen the app because my phone is iOS. My friend @Tribulus says that he downloaded this Android which is free in the Google store. It is in Spanish and apparently has many tools for playing Aristeia. I think that the most useful would be the tool for determining LOS. In my opinion one of the few things that detracts from my enjoyment of this game is the occasional argument about LOS

Flipswitch likes this.
  8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I'll check it out when I get home!

9. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

The tools are awesome. However the app is only in Spanish. Because of the embedded graphics its size is about 50 MB and the author doesn't plan to add an Englisch translation to it which would almost double the size. And he told me that CB is working on their own app @-V- ?

10. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We'd like to, but there are so many things with higher priority to us that I'm afraid it's nearly impossible.

11. khax

khax Member

Hello dear community,

Juan Lara speaking here, amateur developer of the Aristeia App. Giving you some feedback about the app in English. Recently I´ve been contacted from a German colleague who offer his help to make the app in English. My previous problems to go on with this project were;

* Time. Main issue. Although I have a great relationship with Corvus´s staff ( -V-, Marketing Manager, Tester team, etc) and I have access to lot of resource from them, my main issue is the translation into english for a bunch of text (Bio of the characters, text of the scenarios, ect) or even the name of the files of all the card into the correct name. That means time to do it. It´s easy, but requiered time.

* Same application for both languages. Not possible due to the load of MBytes due to Images. Actually is 50Mb,. With English it will come to a mobile app of 100Mb and growing. My solution to this is to create a second application in English, with same structure and everything as actual one, but in English.

So, summing up. I still need to close some details with they german colleage I mentioned before (although this is open to others who wants to contribute with this). What I need is:
    * Some PNG files (cards for character, States, Mods) to be renamed as my original files. I can share a Google drive folder with original files and with files to be renamed. Once English files are correctly renamed, I can add to my app.

* HTML files to be translated. Most of this job is Copy-Paste. What I did for Bio, Scenario description, etc, was copy paste text from the web, from Scenario pdf files and embeded in my HTML files to put later in the app. If somebody do this job, I can put later in my APP.

For some words only found in the APP I can make the translation by my side. My english is good enought to handle this.

Finally, I´m really willing to do this in English, my problem is time (43 years old, working in something totally different from APP development with 2 small childreen). If someone wants to help me with this or you know from someone who could help, feel free to contact me and we start to talk NOW. My mail. juanlara75@gmail.com

Best regards guys!

12. Roadrunner7431

@khax I sent you an email offering my help.

13. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I really can't help you with that, but if you want to delve into the programming aspect of a multilanguage application, I recommend looking up the "localization" chapter in programming guides to handle it in the same app, depending how you handle your view it's going to be different so I can't give you more pointers than that. It would probably take more time, but since it looks like you're doing it to learn, it's the proper way I'd recommend.
    For the images… I recommend this site to reduce the image size: https://tinypng.com/

14. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

@khax Here is the German guy who offered you help via email. :) I will write you this evening since I have to meet some deadlines this day. Maybe @Roadrunner7431 wants to join us in a Whatsapp group?

About the size of the app I don't see 100 MB (and maybe a bit larger with the next releases this year) being much of a problem for mobile phones these days. Even a podcast or movie is way larger. But this is up to you since it is your app.

15. khax

khax Member

Hi Treiral, thanks for your comment. I'm familiar with Localization in Android. As said before it's not viable to contain same images for different countries as at the end it will be really big. Notice than more escenarios are comming, more Aristos, etc.you can have an app of 60 mb in english an spanish because you compress them but it will be bigger in a few months as this game is alive and open for more contain.

HarlequinofDeath and Roadrunner are already in contact with me. I have shared resources to star working on it. I hope soon we could have the app in english

16. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

So many apps (games) now are 25mb... and then need a large data download the first time you use them. No problem there:)

treiral likes this.
  17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

What about having only the graphic of the cards and then add the text (in appropriate language) in-app?
    This should do well enough to minimize memory usage and give access to instant corrections in case of FAQs/Errata

treiral likes this.
  18. khax

khax Member

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the english version is already available to be downloaded from the playstore. Still work in progress with some areas still in spanish. Any feedback will be welcome.

19. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

This app is great. I'm glad I came back to the forums to see this!

20. mauriciorjbr

mauriciorjbr Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey all

@khax, even though I'm brazilian, I speak both spanish and english and have worked on many localization projects for sites, games, apps etc. If you need help, feel free to drop me a line

cheers

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation