1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you Guijia on TAG-prep missions?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You don't give the Zhanshi the HMG, you get either a Haidao or Shang Ji in to take point with their guns.

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Sure, I won't give HMG to Zhanshis. And your points are legit; I often field Zhanshi fodders+ML Bot as an ARO team, and Haidao MSR is really a jewel. Even Shang Ji's great tool when fueled by Zhanshis!

3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

True, you can just add the Shang Ji Spitfire TA to that link and presto! You have a fully functional team (make the Zhanshis FOs or something and they can also push buttons). Another thing that can be used in TAG-oriented missions are Zhenchas with DEPs. They are amazing in reactive turns against heavy armored stuff.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, they are. I'd have no problem playing Guijia+Zanshi Core in White Banner. I just have a deep philosophical objection to playing Light Infantry fireteams in the Heavy Infantry sectorial! Just like why I had an objection to having Fusiliers in the Military Orders (especially as LT!)

Because it's the Heavy Infanty sectorial, where the Zanshi are the old-model army no longer really competitive in the Human Sphere.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I keep trying to make lists in IA with Guijia and can't make anything without at least a Dr. or Eng.

BTW I just thought of something else that would be make a Guijia a little different but not break the bank! In keeping with it's name, Tortoiseshell, Tinbot B! If a Shang Ji can have it with BTS 6 then a Guijia should have it too. If not that then make it BTS9!

#25 Space Ranger, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Section9 likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Man, that would be evil to put on a TAG! I like it! BTS6 and -6 to your WIP to hack it!

7. Triumph

I feel like simply taking the approach of taking everything that is vulnerable to hacking and trying to remove that vulnerability is the wrong way to go about things here.

You want units to be interesting and useful. Not just be immune to counter play, that's boring. Not to mention devaluing hacking as a method to buff a shithouse model creates balance problems in the other direction, doing this too much is a bad idea that will have a chain effect. It's a better idea to simply redesign the shitty unit and make it good rather than trying to simply eliminate weaknesses.

8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, I know it's not IA one-group-spam like is the fashion of the day, but this seems like a solid list with a good defensive ARO core and all the support options you need to run a solid TAG list:

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CCW. (2 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Like, I feel like I could run this and perform well in either of the two TAG oriented missions, or other offensive operations.

9. Triumph

I mean, minus the solid TAG. lol. Kind of an important factor there.

On another note you have no KHD support to remove hackers roadblocking said TAG. This isn't Pan-O where you can just waltz past repeaters by going into marker state or not having to worry about your opponent firing a Pitcher into your DZ and hacking your TAG straight away. Our TAG sucks, you need to delete hackers or your TAG is gonna turn into your opponent's TAG.

Realistically speaking you're better off going Vanilla to run the Guijia. You have better support options to look after it and a cheaper order battery from the Kuang Shi and Smoke to help it bypass stuff and just move to score.

10. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, Kuang Shi are great and all but that Fireteam is bringing a lot of defensive strength to the table which is offering you the opportunity to actually retreat into a strong defensive position when you pull back.

And as a strike piece the Guijia is solid, I get a LOT of work done with the Squalo engaging in direct fire and you are just 1BS down on that.

11. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

@ObviousGray. To be fair IA can run decent one group list with the guijia. For a tournement i can recommend you to go with a good trusty list and one with guijia.
    Just take in aciunt the map, evwn in show of force if the map is too close, or the oponent have fidays/especulo pick the one without TAG.

12. ObviousGray

Thanks for all your opinions. I'll try best on March ITS; second ITS in Korea!

13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

No less evil than a TAG with ODD or TO Camo! What are the chances of TAGs being hacked compared to just being shot with a missile? Also the effects of a hacked TAG are a lot more forgiving.

See above. My intent was not to get rid of a vulnerability but in a way I guess it is. Again it's a play on his name and him being defensive.

14. TJE

TJE Pulpibeerlover
    Warcor

Integrating an Guijia into an IA List is really hard. for Sure you always can do this Zhanshi+Cheapbot thing. But it`s "feels" not good speaking it feels not like Invincibles!
    In Vanilla i use him quiet often, but in my IA he will watch from afar his little brothers doin their invincible magic

15. Triumph

ODD and Camo have direct counters as a defensive tool called MSV and DTWs. Putting a tinbot on a TAG, unlike a Link team, doesn't really have any counterplay for the hacking player. You also don't really want to be discouraging people to attempt to hack TAGs, that's kind of the food chain you're trying to build into the game. You want people to bring hacking devices to hack the TAGs, so you bring KHDs to hunt the AHDs, etc. If you make the AHD's targets difficult or immune to them, then there's no point to AHDs and people don't feel the need to take them and if nobody's bringing hacking devices then the KHDs become pointless and so on.

If anything if you want to make the tortoise shell unique and play off the name, give it Total Immunity and make it built like a brick shithouse. The Svarlheima Blue Wolves are supposed to go toe to toe with Jotums anyway in the fluff.

Two things:
    1. Your Squalos is easy to repair and top up wounds as it takes hits because of the remote presence.
    2. The Squalos doesn't compete with Yu Jing's wide roster of hyper cost effective HI beatsticks backed up by order spam.
    The main complaint about the Guijia is it's shit compared to everything else inhouse. It doesn't have a useful or unique role when it gets consistently out competed by HI options inhouse. It doesn't even have a high value mission for it like the Squalos does on Frostbyte, being a Datatracker that can easily snipe the enemy datatracker with the HGL and is immune to the mission instant kill is a big deal.

It's really hard to justify this

Yu Jing

[​IMG]1
    GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CCW. (2 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()

2 SWC | 88 Points

When we can spend the points like this

Yu Jing

[​IMG]2
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)

2.5 SWC | 90 Points

That's just one possibility out of many. YJ has such flexible and cost effective options to delve into when it comes to HI the Guijia just can't afford to be below average garbage that can be stolen. Yes, we all know BS14 with a gun can do some damage, but you can do that and get so much more value at the same time.

As for the defensive link team, having played the Haidao both in IA and Vanilla, I have found the Vanilla Haidao is way more difficult for most opponents to deal with. This is largely down to it being surrounded by Monks that will glady suicide throw Smoke Grenades in ARO on normal rolls, meaning the active player has exactly 1 activation to successfully deal both wounds into the Haidao without first triggering a monk in a previous order otherwise it disappears in a cloud of smoke and spends the rest of the turn AROing from there. It's a particular pain for link teams as he can freely target non link leader members and is quite effective at locking them down. Setting that up to work off impetuous moves is pretty good value too.

#35 Triumph, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Mahtamori likes this.
  16. ObviousGray

Yeeah! Haidaos are great on Generic YJ. Perfect ARO Piece for us.

And I mourn lack of smokes on IA; but that feels like fair deal. Anyway.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation