1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa changes you would like?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Rushforth1980, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Rushforth1980

Rushforth1980 New Member

What changes would you make to our love it or hate it faction

Few random suggestions from me:

1) I like the fire sensitivity thematically but hardly applies to most stuff with Symbiont armour, at the moment it is only relevant to Ectros, Gorgos, Neema and Rasail.

I would change fire sensitivity from what it is now to being AP and Fire ammo type vs Symbiont armour, so half armour keep rolling till pass armour save.

2) I would keep the Kaeltar AVA and cost the same but add CoC to the SymbioBombs profile and change SymbioBombs to disposable 3. This would make the SymbioBombs profiles more competitive vs SymbioMate profiles.

3) I would change SymbioMates to make them less offensive to all the sensitive none Tohaa players.
    I would make a subtle change to SymbioMates:
    • If the user of the SymbioMate is in the Active Symbiont Armour state and receives a successful Attack perform ARM/BTS or the corresponding roll as normal, any effects of the Special Ammunition or Attack will be ignored, but the damage will still be applied. The effects of any other successful Attacks received by the user during the same order will also be ignored, but the damage will still be applied. However the user cannot receive more than one damage during the same order regardless of the number of successful Attacks. If the damage received is enough to cause the Symbiont Armour to deactivate the SymbioMate is removed. If the damage received is not enough to cause the Symbiont Armour to deactivate the SymbioMate is not removed.
    • However, when using the SymbioMate, all Critical Attacks will be applied as usual.
    • Additionally, when using the SymbioMate, all Attacks from Fire Ammo will be applied as usual.
    4) I would make Symbiont Armour resistant to hacking to represent the biological parts of the armour, so any model in the Active Symbiont Armour state counts as being behind a firewall. So -3 to hack them.

Just a few suggestions feel free to rip them apart

2. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I do not expect any overhaul of existing Tohaa rules anytime soon, but:

While I understand the want to make fire damage mean something to units with only 1 wound on the active symbiont profile, I think this would further penalize the Ectross and Gorgos by reducing their chances of passing a save with their armor.

I could see it being changed so fire does 2 wounds for every failed save rather than 1. This would be similar to its pre HS3 update, but would only take a model to unconcious for most units, but would give an added benefit of having extra wounds on the profile, and it would mean that the Gorgos would retain 1 wound on its active profile as long as it only failed one armor save, (or took one fire crit, and passed the subsequent save.)

I think even making 'bombs' disposable (2) without adding CoC to the profile would greatly expand their use.

I do not like the last bullet point as this was the entire point of the symbiomate in its pre HS3 iteration.
    I think such a change is not terrible, but I think even doing something like making the unit have to pass a WIP check to be able to activate the 'Mate in its current form would help mitigate some of the disapproving stares you get when using them.

This would be a very welcome change, but may be too useful, and make the Kamael White Hacker even less useful. Units with Deflector would be interesting though.

D_D likes this.
  3. Arloid

Arloid Well-Known Member

I would change symbiomates into a consumeable that provides +1burst, +6 modifier to a single PH roll that order while the symbiont armor is active.

Maybe allow the kumotail to heal 1 extra wound by consuming a symbiomate from the target.

4. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

If we talk about SymbioMates, I still stand by my idea that they should grant a one-off +6 to ARM/BTS during the order they are spent, as well as ignoring all Special Ammunition Effects, while still keeping the 'crits pierce through' part. This would make them less outrageous to our opponents while still saving us from Fire ammo.

Talking about Tohaa in general, I agree that as a race of bioengineers, we don't rely on conventional technology as much as other races, and I would probably grant Symbiont armour an extra Trait (or Equipment) called Biotech that would read:
    BIOTECH
    This Equipment is much harder for conventional human Hacking Devices to crack, imposing a -6 MOD to all Comms Attacks made against this Equipment that are using a non-EI Hacking Device. Non-EI Hacking Devices that ignore the Firewall MOD only have a -3 MOD to all Comms Attacks made against this Equipment.

Products of Tohaa biotechnology are unmatched in Human Sphere and as such, are much more harder to penetrate for conventional Hacking Equipment. Human technology did not yet advance to the level where it can reach the responsiveness and efficiency of biologically enhanced fiber and usually human hacking devices struggle to successfully infiltrate Tohaa biotechnological shielding, making it much more difficult to sabotage and subjugate Tohaa heavily armoured units. EI technology, on the other hand, is far more advanced than human..

#4 n21lv, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Fewer belt buckles.

wendigo, Berjiz, Zsolt and 1 other person like this.
  6. borings

borings Well-Known Member

i was talking to someone the other day, and made this same suggestion. I think even if they gave a +9 bonus on the rolls people would feel much better about them, because then we would at least be rolling. There are so many effects that are long (or sure) shots that are still rolls, i think the biggest gripe about mates is the lack of rolls involved. Also, if they allowedrolls, we could fail guts checks while using them so we coukd reposition and such.

D_D likes this.
  7. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Addidng disposable to symbiobombs would make it so baggage could reload them. That would be weird.

8. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Not baggage but kaeltar only? And to raise the price? Just a wild speculation, but anyway...

Отправлено с моего Redmi 6A через Tapatalk

9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

What is the point of these faction-specific interactions?
    For example, I'm yet to see a reasonable, non-fluff explanation of why Fidays specifically should be weaker (than their general rules suggest) against Tohaa, Combined, MAF, OCF and SEF for no other reason that what's written in "Army" column of opponent's list. By the same token, I would like to know what's so special about EIHD-wielding armies and their toys that they absolutely need this special treatment. Because I don't see them relying on EIHDs so much that working at disadvantage hurts them much more than it does any other army with (normal) HDs in their ranks.

Sorry for this off-topic, but I really think that matchup-specific interactions should preferrably happen organically.

East of Irem and theradrussian like this.
  10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Marksmanrifle for pure cheese. In triad it's basically a spitfire for 0 SWC.

11. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

May as well add to the cheese and make it a Viral Marksmanrifle.

Zsolt likes this.
  12. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Because otherwise we would be running exactly the same factions? I mean, every faction has something special about it. Ariadna is low-tech. EI are the only ones to have access to Plasma and Sepsitor. Tohaa are masters of biotech. PanO doesn't Smoke.. If you remove all the differences, wouldn't the game turn into chess?

Abrilete likes this.
  13. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

*Ahem*

Hector.

*Mic drop*

DukeofEarl likes this.
  14. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

And that's why nobody loves tohaa:)

15. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I'd like some viral hybrid ammo, like Viral+AP : pierce through armor to poison the flesh...

16. Arloid

Arloid Well-Known Member

That would be improved plasma since the AP would add a arm roll on top of the 2 bts.

I think breaker would be better in that regard....I say give it to the taqeul

ev0k likes this.
  17. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. But AP Viral looking like improved plasma would be cool fluffwise due to long Tohaa/AC war history.

18. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

While we're at it, we could just add a Viral HMG to the squad for maximum Tohaa hate through the community. I can't imagine CB creating something like “improved plasma ammunition“ to an already strong army.

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Since T2 marksman is a common thing...

This, but:
    Maybe the French and the Scotts. There's nothing low tech in TAK or US. Proper 2W HI, unhackable everywhere, AP and T2 ammo everywhere, Camo everywhere. Immune to sepsitor (you didn't want to heal your dudes anyway, no?).

Aleph also has plasma. CA has other stuff as well, like extra hacking programs for free. Some that can hack normally non-hackable Ariadna (wtf really).

Whatever that means. Tohaa is more about bad shooting, extra wounds with no armor and low level but unlimited fireteam. And ridiculously optimized profiles.

More like Pano shoots through any problem, but can't do anything else. If you are hiding behind smoke, you are not shooting. So get out and shoot!

[/QUOTE]If you remove all the differences, wouldn't the game turn into chess?[/QUOTE]
    Yep. Except for the dice rolls.

20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Nice idea. Though CB seems to have some rules they stick to (though they definitely lost their shit about limitations recently), like the maximum amount of ARM/BTS rolls possible in a single order. B3 Viral seems to be the top of it (well, B4 in link). And B2 EXP. But times are changing and power creep happening, so maybe we'll see that happen. Tohaa is in a good place power level wise, so likely Viral HMG won't be a thing for us. Yes, I know it was /s.

It's not clearly and improvement. Plasma affects ARM rolls too, but lacks Shock+. BTS comes in batches of 3, and there's armies like ISS that just have high BTS for no reasons, so it could come handy, when you have a backup plan to fish for wounds.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation