1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by harshill2545, Jan 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's an awesome series. Also refreshing that the main character doesn't win through some miraculous power up in every fight, rather, I'm struggling to remember any fight that he's actually won...?

The author finished Trinity Wonder last year (If you haven't read it, just...don't) and confirmed that he's writing the story for part 3 of The Breaker this spring :D

Section9 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I tried to get into Trinity Wonder and... yeah... and as far as Shiwoon actually *winning* at fight, “survive and win the opponent’s respect so the fight ends” is his typical M.O.

3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Planetes is in the best anime I have ever seen taking everything into account.

5. jherazob

I saw the first episode, liked it and left it to watch in the weekend, about a decade ago. Had forgotten about it. I should retake it, i hear only praise about it.

6. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Currently I'm enjoying reading Golden Kamuy. 100% recommended.

A Mão Esquerda and Abrilete like this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I thought you were more into Bowsette? :joy:

8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

First episode isn't particularly special, maybe even a bit tiresome, but it doesn't take long to become the best show ever.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Starts a little slow, but it's probably THE hardest scifi anime out there.

Yeah, that one is full of fascinating historical details. Even if Sugimoto should be dead a hundred times over (the story does call him 'Sugimoto the Immortal', and everyone who has met him is in absolute awe of his ability to keep going.)

jherazob and Koni like this.
  10. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I really love all that historical details. I guess I love most the details than the plot itself.

#50 Koni, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Another interesting semi-historical story is Gunka no Baltzar. Imagine a country in Europe that at a time when everyone else is using bolt-action rifles and skirmish tactics is still using Napoleonic muskets and tactics. Baltzar is a promoted-from-the-ranks Major who was assigned to be an exchange teacher at the military academy in this country. Lots of parallels with Japan in the 1860s-80s. Oh, and of course there is major internal palace politics and geopolitics at play, driving multiple different storylines.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

While there are MANY COUNTLESS excellent Manga (and Manwha) around to be read, as We are in an Infinity-Related forum then I will not stress ENOUGH that I find IMMENSELY good BOTH paperback novelizations and animations of

Appleseed (the Manga is quite old; the Anime less so, the recent Movie Adaptations were VERY good; the CG Graphics most recent movie was very good, if a little terse and brief, while the OAV CG serie was lackluster, amateurish and subpar). . .

Appleseed battles is what I imagine are Military HEAVY Confrontation between Human Sphere ARMIES rather than Small Squads of "Cyberpunk Edgerunner" Teams. . .

Ghost In The Shell (Kodaku Kidotai 9 for the purists) (the Manga that ESSENTIALLY depicts 75% of the situations of a Typical "Urban Black Ops" of Infinity, HEAVILY slanted towards Combat Hackers MORE effectively versatile than a Sniper with Antimateriel Rifle). . .

The Original Manga was swerving soon towards a little too "Weird Posthumanism Philosophies" but the more recent ones ("G.I.T.S. : ARISE" are a well balanced mix of Action and Investigation). . .

The Anime of "Arise" is a little compressed and too quick; the Manga explain a lot more the depth of Enemies and Civilian Bystanders. . .

jherazob likes this.
  13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Second season is more like Comedy+Cousine with some Action here and there, but the series is still very enjoyable.

P.S.: Another interesting historical series (despite the psychic powers) is "Senkou no Night Raid". It is mostly Action + Espionage in pre WWII times, with a little bit of comedy and a good soundrack. The series didn't turn out to be as good as it seemed at first, but it was still pretty good.

#53 Abrilete, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  14. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

AKA "Sturgeon's law" (After SF writer Theodore Sturgeon. It applies to EVERYTHING, not just anime/manga though.) Yes, he was a curmudgeon, it's why I like his stuff. :D

Musterkrux and Koin-Koin like this.
  15. jherazob

Or Pareto's Principle

Koin-Koin and stevenart74 like this.
  16. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

A bit out of OT but I miss a good space armada battle anime.
    You know those where a single ship fires thousands of canons and fire hundreds of missile at once to hit the opposing fleet light-years away.
    Or something Macross-like but without the idol part.

17. jherazob

You want Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Abrilete and Koin-Koin like this.
  18. Koin-Koin

Seems to be what I'm looking for, thanks a lot.

I need to search deeper but it seems that the manga is available nearby not the anime (I'm more the anime type).

BTW is Space Dandy worth buying?

19. jherazob

Also Gundam might or might not be to your taste, with it's focus on war and interplanetary politics and related things. Not all Gundam, mind you, series like G Gundam are not the same, although the Build series might catch your eye since you're in this forum after all, Gunpla does attract minipainters.

I'd watch it first before deciding, but it's generally considered as great, still haven't watched it myself though

Koin-Koin likes this.
  20. Koin-Koin

One time or another I should watch the original Gundam as I only saw Gundam Wing (full serie) and a few Gundam no Reconguista episodes.
    I like the first one but didn't dig into the second one. The main problem to start such a licence is that there is easy way to start with it, too many aeras, too many episodes.

But yes, giant robots, what's not to like in it?

Smart advice, the show seems to be my kind of "twisted but not stupid" serie I enjoy, but you never know.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation