1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haidao MSR

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

From the Barcelona open

[​IMG]

If he's on the same scale as the Combi model he's a pretty chunky guy.

Wondering what CB are going to do for packaging SKU purposes. We need a Hacker and Red Fury to round out the Haidao profiles.

It will also never stop being fucking weird that these giant power armoured monster men have 3 less BTS than a Celestial Guard in track pants when we're comparing sealed suits.

#1 Triumph, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    emperor26 and the huanglong like this.
  2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

To be honest you shouldn't let it get to you. BTS is THE worst explained stat in the entire game. High tech suits, high biotech flesh suits, alien voodootech and the highly sophisticated firewalls of Interventors are all equally as good at stopping a Breaker bullet, all equally as good at resisting hacking, all equally as good at stopping a voodoo tech vampire from eating you with Protheion and all equally good against Electro Magnetic Weaponry... :no_mouth:

Mikes, Barrogh, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Member

Sorry for offtop.
    I always visualized it as bad guy's shield from Elizium with Matt Daemon.. Not too high tech to be always active (requires manual activation ) as SW shields but still provides additional protection

It is strange to me too that a space naval unit does not have any protection at least from radiation

Mikes, emperor26 and the huanglong like this.
  4. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Guess Ariadna "HI" aren't only ones with BTS 0 xD

5. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Is that because we're trying to equate a game (with solid reasons for fair play), with warfare (which definitely doesn't play fair)...

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I love the figure. That detail is going to kill me to paint!

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I've been playing the MSR Haidao in Vanilla and spacing Monks around him and just having them throw smoke on him if the opponent triggers an ARO.

I wanna say between this and the Zencha freeing up the Guilang to pick up the MSR more often they're low key the most faction changing models in a long while for Yu Jing. Between the two of them and having access to extra TR bots I do not think the addage that Yu Jing are a faction with a weak ARO game holds true anymore.

Barrogh likes this.
  8. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Yeah, I was very excited about running Lunah and nimbus zhanying with the new marksmanship rules, but impetuous smoke tricks and the Haidao MSR seem to have so much synergy with other stuff in my list that they're more efficient to use.

I'm also liking a Hsien and Tai Sheng CoC combo. Smoke thrown down for the Haidao can also be useful for the advancing Hsien and being able to get CoC on a profile that's also a useful beatstick for just 4 points is a huge improvement over our old and relatively fragile Pheasant options. It's like getting two aggressive lieutenants for the price of one.

9. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

It's just my opinion but both Haidao models are really well done, for now I played the MSR one linked with zanshi and the Red fury one in the same way, also the KHD profile is interesting.

10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Now we just need the KHD. We're getting 2 Zulu cobras on top of the one in the starter, so it's not a complete fantasy. Maybe they will need to have two so they can eventually roll them into a blister.

P.S. I wish these guys could make fireteams with themselves.

Dragonstriker and Space Ranger like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It'd make some sense, but they are only AVA3 so you'd want it to be a Duo or Haris. And I really can't see any reason to put all my Haidao into a single place. One in the Zuyong Core, maybe one in a Haris, last one by itself. And that's if I was taking 3, I usually end up taking 2 (one in the Core, one solo).

Zewrath likes this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yeah, I've found myself doing the same thing recently. Much to my own surprise, I've really started to use the Engineer profile, especially in LI formats.

A(2)
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

13. Scutarii

Scutarii Active Member

Teehee. Between this and the Daoying in the starter both of our long ranged snipers are in running type poses.

Look great though, lots of 'energy' in the pose.

14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I just started to paint the Combi rifle HaiDao. They are a bit too chunky in my opinion. They feel more like 2W rather then 1W NWI.
    I also find it misleading that they have the striped armor plates, which represent Camo or Mimitism for me. (The same applies for the LiuXing).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation