1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old forum laser cut terrain plan questions

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by evilmonkey, Jan 18, 2018.

1. evilmonkey

evilmonkey That man over there

Digging through the old forums I came across DeepGreen-X free laser cut terrain files. I remember following that thread back when I was actively playing but never saw them finished. Going back I noticed they were finished and it seems I have a localish option for getting them cut. I have a few questions for those who have used them before. What do the final designs look like cut out and assembled? How much time did it take to cut? How much table coverage do the plans give you?

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Link it!!!! :p

3. evilmonkey

evilmonkey That man over there

4. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I had them printed for me and I am using it as my main scenery for my table, along with a few extra pieces from local suppliers.

I will try to get pictures of it for you. The fit was really tight, the MDF it was cut from here was a millimeter too thick and I had to manually slim every join, it was a bit of a pain.

5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Here you have some pics of it on my table, and it being used during one of our playing meetings.

IMG-20180110-WA0035.jpg IMG-20180113-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20180113-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20180113-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20180113-WA0021.jpg IMG-20180113-WA0029.jpg

unclesrouce, timberfox and jherazob like this.
  6. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I'll try and get the links ported to the new forum ASAP.

If I can ever find the time I'll also try to finish the mk3 designs which used double layer fits and worked for a number of material thicknesses from 1-4mm

Willen and jherazob like this.
  7. mdelange71

mdelange71 New Member

I'm curious, what did the sidewalk/roadway tiles end up looking like? Does anyone have any pictures of those?

8. deep-green-x

I did finish painting the road side last year but don't have any pictures to hand.

I finished assembly of the spaceship side as well but found it far to intimidating to paint, will need a big block of time and masking tape for that.

9. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

I liked the look of these, but sadly InkScape has gone over to 96DPI as opposed to the 90DPI these were set in. So I just get a garble of dags when loading. Anyone managed to transition them to a new and improved format and mind getting me a link?

10. Mirodasc

Mirodasc Member

There was also a laser cut set that all nested within one large building.
    Anyone remember who made that one?

11. deep-green-x

Those were mine as well and should be in the same location as the other files.

This news about Inkscape is concerning, can a legacy version of Inkscape not still be used?

Mirodasc likes this.
  12. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Well, interestingly enough, this is from my updated version, installed a few days ago. Opening makes you choose options, but end result is the same. Blank white, next up is "select all", then added black to even see something. I guess I could dig up an old version of it though, but it's interesting that it can't convert properly.

180508.PNG 180508-1.PNG 180508-2.PNG 180508-3.PNG

13. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Inkscape is Free Software, so you can in fact get any version up to the most ancient ones. I'm sure there's very heated threads on their mailing lists about this topic though, this is likely to have affected many people.

14. Anonoemus

Anonoemus New Member

Although it was over a year ago, is there any way to still get the MDF laser cut plans? The pictures look awesome and there is a makerspace closeby... :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation