1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will 2019 bring?

Discussion in 'News' started by RogueJello, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Deployable Repeaters and other equipment are incapable of being enemies (because the only qualifier given in Cautious Movement is "enemy" and that is a term which can only be applied to a Trooper). As such, it is possible to use Cautious Movement inside the ZoC of a piece of equipment such as an AI Beacon, a Discovered Mine, a Repeater, etc.

I'm less certain about whether the starting point and end point may be inside the ZoC of a abandoned Motorcycle, a Nullifier, or indeed a hostile Repeater. However, once again, I do think that's not a problem simply because a Repeater is incapable of being an enemy Marker as is the terminology used in Cautious Movement, but instead they are simply hostile Markers which would not be sufficient to prevent Cautious Movement.

2. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Anyone think we'll see reveals this CanCon in OZ?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I am planning to participate in the Echo of Paradiso-2 campaign with our club home-brewed rules in February :P

5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, as of the CanCon video from Bostria we now know that the "Black N" is NOT a Space Ship Battles game, nor the CB Fantasy game.

So...

My money is still on Infinity-Epic.

6. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

By taking into account the fact that CB as a company wants to grow and sell more product, one logical conclusion would be a larger scale infinity ruleset.
    It would make sense to introduce flexible fireteams and break down the core "5 man same troop" fireteams in Infinity if something a bit larger scale would come in to take its place. Like 30 models per side more streamlined games.

7. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

Bigger games is a reasonable idea from the business perspective. But so is the idea of smaller games on a smaller board to attract new players, with semi-rpg and campaign rules. To sell more of the minis they already make, not make new ones as they clearly don't have capacity to produce and design more.

#207 sevsterino, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  8. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

New way to pay infinity and its not the fantasy game... Did he rule out digital adaptation? (I haven't watched the video yet).

#208 Shoitaan, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

a 15mm game would be excellent.

They should not attempt a fantasy reskinned game at all.

oldGregg likes this.
  10. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Not exactly but he did seem to indicate that there was a call for the design of ships was more than just for art in the books. He was very clear in another part that there were no plans to create a fleet battle game. My assumption is drop ships and/or close air support for a larger scale Infinity game.

Shoitaan and RogueJello like this.
  11. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Is the video already available?

Отправлено с моего Redmi 6A через Tapatalk

12. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

or maybe a coop dungeoncrawl module for which they need ship floor plans for boarding actions. could be sold packed up with new spec ops rules

ZlaKhon, sevsterino, Section9 and 5 others like this.
  13. Melchior

video was on facebook (link in march thread I think)

D_D likes this.
  14. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

This would be cool. I do think he mentioned anything related to the ships was pretty far off, however.

Errhile, RogueJello and Palomides like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I could totally dig that!

But as a Sailor, I can tell you that ships are a terrible place to hold a firefight...

I'm still hoping for Campaign/Spec-Ops rules, and campaign rules that actually WORK this time.

Zsimbi, Errhile, Melchior and 4 others like this.
  16. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I think we will see an O-12 sectorial in 2019 (1 of the new 5). Anyone agree?

17. Melchior

O12 is something like a great chance to botch up. But I'm positively curious

18. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

An O12 faction is a long time out since, as I've said, they don't know how to not end up with just Better Panoceania.

Melchior likes this.
  19. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

It'd represent a great profitable thing though, as as a mixed army, itd encourage people to expand to other o12 linked armies since they've already got some of them. Kinda like how 40k's somewhat recent Allies system increased the average army count per player considerably.

As for how to fill it- put the default line inf of all o12 factions in with core/haris, add the stuff that is already commonly borrowed cross faction (remotes, nagas, etc), add some of the highly illegal black ops chars (atalanta, ninjas, stuff like that). Add o12's hightech TAG mentioned in the fluff, add some generic bureau noir guys and allow them to make flexible/special fireteams, done. Maybe some default police units/medics. Shouldnt be a better pano due to significantly less access to pano gear and no named pano chars(joan, mainly), whilst having a fun hodgepodge of default troop links with decent support. Whether smoke is included is debatable/optional, but it probably wont be horrid if there arent more msvs as in say vanilla aleph. And theyd only need to make two boxes, or a box and a blister.

20. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

That would also allow people to get some generic models for the RPG as well.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation