1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 20x20 Mission System gets its 4th edition

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by prophet of doom, Feb 20, 2018.

1. TomAbromaitis

TomAbromaitis New Member

Special rules look pretty clean. I haven't read the whole thing carefully but browsing through... what do the consoles do in "Take Starship Bridge"? We could assume they can open the doors but it's not actually listed as such.

2. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

They open the doors and everything else listed in the special rule "spaceship environment". There are no other functions of the consoles in this mission. The same with the scenarios "Picket Line" and "Loot Cargo".

The point of having the special rules is to save space. I could also copy the special rules which apply into every mission description.

jherazob likes this.
  3. TomAbromaitis

TomAbromaitis New Member

Ah. Yes! That is clear now!

4. prophet of doom

just updated the document according to the observations made. Thanks! I like how the missions become more and more 20x20 style.

Blakhart and jherazob like this.
  5. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

I'm going to try and give these a look over tonight and try to get a game in this week. I think I want to try and use these for a Campaign.

prophet of doom likes this.
  6. Daiakaro

Daiakaro Daiakaro

Just a quick thanks to Prophet; my friends and I have been trying out the 20x20 rules and they're a great addition.

7. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Okay, reading now at work (got some time...)
    The Razor Wire...?
    Just in reading, I'm not a fan of it nor the ways to get rid of it. It honestly seems like an after thought. I like the Engineer being able to take it away but why Minesweeper?
    I do agree if it is going to stay, I think any model with a Anti-Material CC (D-Charges) should also be able to get rid of it.

This is what I have for the AD drop rules at Night...
    "Troopers deploying using Airborne Deployment level 1, 2 and X have to succeed in an unmodified PH test when
    deploying. If they fail, they are treated as AD level 3 troopers who have dispersed off the board.

There is an additional Mod of -3 to any PH roll required by the Airborne Deployment or Infiltration skills, and also to
    the WIP roll needed for the Impersonation skill.

Troopers deploying using Airborne Deployment level 1, 2 and X have to succeed in an unmodified PH test when
    deploying. If they fail, they are treated as AD level 3 troopers who have dispersed off the board."

You have 2 entries, twice and the first says UNmodified roll. The second entry says -3MOD...?!

The Time of Day rules. Honestly, by the time the 3rd Turn starts, most of your Troops will be in that 24in range.
    I personally think either Day, all clear or Night, the whole game at no more than 24in. Lessens the amount of pre game rules.

Other than that, I'm digging what I see so far. All my comments are things that I just don't get/like so in our Home games, we'd just edit it out. Not suggesting you take them out of the rules. Just wanted to give some other insight to other playstyles I guess, haha.

8. prophet of doom

9. prophet of doom

I have decided that antimateriel close combat weapons are the most practical tools to remove razor wire.

10. nakar

nakar New Member

@prophet of doom

I am unable top download your mission set. Is it still available???

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I can still acess the google drive version on the linked website.

12. nakar

nakar New Member

Okay, than it must be me...

Edit: Okay, I tried with my Laptop and it worked, I couldn't access it with my phone, though.

#72 nakar, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. Rekar Kassidy

Rekar Kassidy New Member

Hi, I was looking for the set up diagrams, but i couldn't find them. Can you tell me where I can download them?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation