1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random shasvasti rework idea

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Gaffles, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Gaffles

Gaffles Member

How cool would it be if they gave shasvasti something like a krazy koala but plasma. I'd call it a leaping lizard and only give them one.

stevenart74 and Ashep like this.
  2. Ashep

Ashep Desde el Limbo

TO mines in hidden deployment.

3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I really want combined army to get Perimeter weapons, but I feel they'd be more suited to Morats (who already have war pets) than shasvastii.

What I would love to see on shas for their rework is a way to improve the shell game even more. The idea of being able to hatch any model (that you have on your list) from any seed on the table has been floating about, and it would be so damn cool. Batman has something similar with Poison Ivy's plants and I love them.

Also, apparently from the new book the cadmus is getting decoy, so that's another cool thing.

4. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I really want to see shas play like a ho-tech Ariadna, and I feel TO camo mines suits that perfectly.

I'd like to see ambush camo, and seed tokens everywhere from the start of the game, with sappers providing ARO duty.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DaRedOne likes this.
  5. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

The idea is very cool. . .

To have a "Racial Twist" rather than "Biotech Geneengineered Slave Races" like the Tohaa uses, could be some sort of "Lesser Shaasvastii Subcritter" that is usually used to "Seed" new colonies on new planet that have to host a "Ark Colony". . .

While I was SERIOUSLY miffed by the sub-par developement of the Background of "Mass Effect Andromeda" if compared with the other first three Games of the serie, found VERY interesting the "Evil Alien Enemies" the Kett Race, having a "Semi-Religious Worship" of Biotechnology and employing their VERY selfsame Gene Code to create "Vassal Roles" of their own Subraces. . .

While the "Mainstream" Ketts soon developed in either Stealth Scouts with Shotguns (INFINITY ROLE: TO CAMO LI) Mobile Infantry Soldiers (INFINITY ROLE: MI "Heavy" Cheerleaders) or "Psionic Priests" with lethal offensive Biotic Powers (INFINITY ROLE: Hackers with Updated Nanoscreen and Plasma Grenades) and "Neanderthal-Like" Heavy Infantry with Alien Machineguns (INFINITY ROLE: HI with Spitfire / Red Fury / A.P.H.M.G.), later FURTHER Sub-Developed into monstruous Ogre-Like "Sub-Vessels" that acted as "Slow, Indestructible Melee Tank" (INFINITY ROLE: T.A.G. tougher than a Sphinx but Close Combat Only, No Guns !!!)

From their own twisted Gene-Codes they also created "Invisible Hunting Hounds" to stalk Player Characters; could be an inspiration for the OP idea. . .

Also the Kroot from Warhammer 40.000 (Avian Savage Barbarians vassals of the Tau "Manga Battletech Faction"; sort of Native American Iroquois Braves, with PLASMA FLINTLOCKS !!) share a similar Idea; they have Quadraped "Dumb Ox Men COUSINS" as Mobile Gunplatform A.P.C., small Wolf-Like "Offshoots" employed to harass hidden enemies and EVEN Falcon-Raptors that do a similar thing as if employed by Medieval Falconeers. . .

helsbecter likes this.
  6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I will strongly disagree to Shas getting battle pets. Those should go to Morats, really :D

Shas should double down on camo and sneaky tactics. I'd like to see them get stuff like ambush camo, holoprojector, lots of stealth stuff and maybe even one or two models with suprise attack lvl 2. The whole "Hi-tech Ariadna" thing, really. That would be baller and would set them apart from the other sectorials in Combined.

toadchild likes this.
  7. Strange(r)

Strange(r) Member

In the Third offensive Book it was mentioned that for every speculo killer there are three speculo agents that, while not good at combat, could still sabotage.
    I think it would be cool to have Speculo Killers on AVA 1 while having AVA 3 Speculo Agents with Impersonation Plus and Specalist Operative and only minimal fighting capabilities and Equipment(e.g. BS10, only Pistol Weapons). That would leave your opponent guessing which one to get rid of first. ;)

8. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

I like that idea. Maybe they have no real combat abilities at all (only Flashpulse), but are more like genetically engineered G:Servants for FOs instead of Doctors/Engineers. So lots of "intel" in form of "Discover" and "Forward Observer" (targeted).
    That would be something unique, like, don't try to play that camo game with shas, they invented it!

Strange(r) likes this.
  9. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I think Speculo Killers should stay AVA 2 we will have to wait an see. I really hope they keep the monofilament nature of Shavastii with CCW and Mines maybe even add a grenade.

Nimrod likes this.
  10. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I think this means you’ll get something like ghazi, but I like you’re idea a lot!

11. Strange(r)

Strange(r) Member

If anything, I think that would make them more like hafza, as the idea was basically for them to be concealed button pushers without combat ability. I didn't know that speculo killers had ava 2 in shas sect. All the better to make your enemy fear your IMP Markers. ;) "does this Impersonator kill me or will he win the mission?" ;)

oldGregg likes this.
  12. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I really wish they would tell us what is not getting resculpted so I can start buying the old stuff that is going to stick around.

13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Shas turning into Seed Embryos clearly isnt going away, third offensive fluff is full of references to it. But I can see it being reworked a little such that Shas get shock immunity or something else that prevents them going straight to the dead state.

14. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

It was a Speculo Agent who killed and replaced Aida Swanson, and from what I gathered from the background, they may be more of a long term replacement operative, (modified to impersonate a single individual, rather than killing and impersonating as they move up the chain of command like a Speculo Killer), so it is possible they may not have impersonation, but maybe other useful support skills like Counter-Intelligence or Stratigos.

Space Ranger likes this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Just mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see more troops with Protheion. Level 1 at least for some of troops like See Soldiers, Gwailo, Shrouded and Malignos, etc.

Plex likes this.
  16. Ashep

Ashep Desde el Limbo

And Shasvastii rule including Shock Inmunity. And more Automedikits. And Eclipse Grenades for Sheskiin.

17. Space Ranger

Eclipse is overdoing it I think for her but similar would be great.

Actually I hate nanoscreens. Please change to Mimetisim! I'd rather have something that stacks with cover. I just think they have never really been that helpful. Has anyone had where they were the thing that kept Sheskin or Gwailo alive?

18. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

You are using them wrong then. Nanoscreen is awesome because it gives you ability to go where enemy doesn't expect you to go because you'd have to leave cover. Gwailos HRL is an amazing piece.

toadchild and colbrook like this.
  19. Space Ranger

I totally agree on the Gwailo!

20. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I just want it now!!!!

Nimrod likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation