1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about Aristeia MODs

Discussion in 'News' started by Pirayak, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Pirayak

Pirayak Member

Hello
    First - i want to say i like Aristeia very much, maybe a little bit more than ininity ;)
    Second - i`m very happy that so much funny things are comming in the next year. ( new charakters and two new standart decks are awesome).
    third - i heard about a new hexadome and my first idea was "great, what will great inovations will cb bring to us" and in my phantasy there were many crazy ideas and i thought, it might be a little bit boring just to change the places of the blocked spaces.

i thought the actual hexadome is on neoterra, but there must be more hexadomes, wild bill first was seen on down, when he came in riding on a real hourse. So there must be more hexadoms and i thought there might be one on Svarlheimer and Bourak as well. an how do they are different to the one on neoterra.

my Svarlaheimer version - there are some icefields on the ground and when an aristo is going to be placed or walks on one of the icefields, he slides in same direction until there is no more icefield, so its possible to take one movement point and slide over 1,2 or 3 icefields (like the oilfilds in mechs vs. minnions - league of legends).

my Bourak version - there are desertfields on the ground. its very hard to run in sand or on a beach, so when you want to leave a desert field you have to spend 2 movementpoints instead of one.

What do youo think about this ideas, or do you have some other ideas, what kind of hexadome will be on a nomads ship or on dawn....
    Please comment ;-)

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

@Pirayak I like your thoughts. Often we, here in the CB forum are so focussed on learning the fine points of this serious game that we forget that in the Human Sphere, Aristeia! is huge mass entertainment. I would encourage you in your casual games to use your mods. You would make a game that has many unpredictable events even more unpredictable.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

4. [ ]

[ ] Member

Some ideas:

-For a savage world: some creatures lurking the hexadome, with custom cards. At the end of each round they move randomly or towards the nearest aristo in order to perform an attack. You could use instead some carnivorous plants that cannot move but if an aristo lands on its place (more likely after being pushed by an enemy) they suffer damage and/or cannot perform any actions during their next activation, but meanwhile they cannot be targeted neither by enemies.

-For a nomad ship: a riot happened during the match! The spectators throw some smoke randomly into the hexadome. Or maybe the match is rigged and there is a sniper among spectators, shooting at an enemy aristo.

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

The current HexaDome is from Corregidor. Do you really think that Neoterra's one is so... 'dirty'? Oh, my.

Well, rearranging Blocked Spaces is enough to offer new experiences with no need for more scenarios. We can keep the current collection.

And now, I've talked many times before that our idea is to bring to the HexaDome scenarios with traps, fire, acid, slopes, wild criatures and so... But we think it's better to make it scenario dependant by rules (with tokens) than force you to buy a new HexaDome for each 'add-on'.

If I create the "trap token" I can place it any where on any published scenario, but if I have to "paint it" on a layout, the traps will be always in same places, same Spaces.

As @ijw posted, there are some Stadium Rules in AGLĀ·2. It's only a sample.

:wink:

ThananRollice and volgo like this.
  6. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I like the idea of trap tokens as well as creatures in the hexadome. First, because of the fact that Hexxer could displace them. ;) And second, we could create and/or buy funny addons for Aristeia! to visualize those traps etc. Love it!

7. Pirayak

Pirayak Member

the idea of ice, sand, trap or carnivore tokens ist very great i think...

in bourak there might be a sandstorm as well, maybe its as big as a scoring zone and at the end of a round it moves two spaces. teh direction might be chosen by a dice or the underdog is the lord of storm. Which effects might the storm has?

8. [ ]

[ ] Member

Yeah, when I talked about the creatures and plants I was meaning movile ones, not printed in the hexadome :D

Sandstorm? You could treat it like smoke. Random move? Roll a D6 and move the token in the direction chosen by the number.

9. Tribulus

Tribulus Member

All great ideas! How about series of tutorial ''puzzles' wherein the hexadome is set up with characters, obstacles, monster tokens etc. The player has a set number of turns to complete an objective. May be tricky to have definite outcomes as dice are involved, but could be a way to teach basic mechanics to new players.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  10. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Hexxer could displace the storm. :D And Boomerangs don't work then. ;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation