1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture and Protect with IA?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Hi there! I've played this mission with ISS before and it feels really smooth with the Ninja, linked smoke and Su Jian + order spam, but now I wanna try it out with IA and I really don't know where to start.

Maybe a defense with linked MSR Haidaos is good, and I guess I could pick the beacon with a Zhencha and try to hand it off to a Mowang DataTracker? Or would it be better to have the DataTracker be a Hulang that just picks it up and runs for the hills?

Open to suggestions :grin:

2. HouseOfKings

HouseOfKings Active Member

I'm partial to an offensive Zuyong link backing up a Hulang datatracker myself. The Daoying and Husong defend with the Lu Dian pretending to be a Panguling until it's time to cook someone close to the flag.
    *Editing to fix mobile formatting of my list, sure wasn't previewed to look this funky.
    Quadrant Control and Xenotech
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    HÚLÁNG (Fireteam: Duo) 2 Submachine Gun, E/M Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 41)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#2 HouseOfKings, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Joametz likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Hulang with Zhencha for your forward deployment. Keeping in mind the Zhencha Climb+ when choosing Initiative or deployment. Mowang, Hac Tao, Daoying minelayer for protecting your own.

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

@HouseOfKings Why do you don't use a Dayojing LIeutenant L2 and an NCO Tai Sheng, who counts as Zuyong for Fireteams.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Now that I can actually read that list.

No Tai Sheng?

6. HouseOfKings

@Section9 Fitting Tai Sheng in is pretty costly and would require me downgrading someone else. I wrote it for zone domination originally so I valued shooting ability plus being enough points to stop some mook from walking into a zone and stealing it. Your Zuyong core can't be everywhere at once sadly. @Ben Kenobi In the post-TAK world I live in, camo tokens are aggressively gone after because everyone brings a sensor and sniffer net nowadays, so the sniper rifle lets me outrange TR bots and draw attention while my lieutenant is in the safest place on the board, snug with all his Zuyong buddies.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

How embarrassing, I never paid attention to how expensive Tai Sheng was, I just saw "NCO" and auto-included, along with a Daoying and the standard two TacA models. I was under a mental impression that she was only like 4pts more than a vanilla Zuyong (like how Neko Oyama is only 4pts more than a Domaru). :embarrassed:

HouseOfKings likes this.
  8. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

For Capture and protect i recomend fireteam duo or haris to attack and the cheap core to cover. Mowang+ haidao or Shang-Ji plus haidao are the best combination ( hulang can work to but then you need some middle range firepower source). Zenchas can be the B plan or the guys that shot down the enemy models covering the balize from the back (climbing plus is a very good hability for this)

I played more or less this:

[​IMG] Invincible Army──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)[​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)[​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)[​IMG] PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)[​IMG] HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)[​IMG] MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)[​IMG] HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)[​IMG] DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG] RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)[​IMG] ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)[​IMG] Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)[​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)[​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34) 5 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

HouseOfKings likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

While backline camos in IA are really obvious Lts, do sensor networks really contribute that much to discovering those camos on the arse end of the table compared to trying to get rid of them the "old way"?

HouseOfKings likes this.
  10. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Really like the idea, how about a version with a defensive link, though?

[​IMG]CP─────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    [​IMG] HÚLÁNG (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 44)
    [​IMG] HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    [​IMG] SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I can just "upgrade" the Zhencha to a Hulang to keep it a single combat group and avoid the reduced order pools for the first turn as well...

HouseOfKings likes this.
  11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

She pays for her kit, but so far for me she's been worth it.

HouseOfKings likes this.
  12. HouseOfKings

@Barrogh the 6-6 Sniffer guys sure can scoot across the table, which is what I normally see going deep into the opponent's half of the table to get rid of pesky camo tokens. YMMV, of course.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation