1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are you using your Liberto?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by oldGregg, Dec 27, 2018.

1. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Pretty straight forward question here. I'd like to know if and how you are using the Liberto Profiles. To kick things off, I've used one (the minelayer profile) to road bump with my Daylami. It wasn't terribly effective, as it was discovered and obliterated by a Dragao. However, the mine it dropped was a deterrent for an antenna and cost my opponent an extra order or two.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

What do you mean not effective??? He made a Dragao spend and order to get rid of a 10pt model! I'd say that's not bad. So far he's great at mine clearance. Dodging on 16's is fantastic and even if he fails he still got rid of the mines/Madtrap/Crazy Koalas etc.

colbrook likes this.
  3. oldGregg

Daylami can do this for 8/.5 and actually threaten to wound the Dragao. It was basically a relief for my opponent that he wasn't another Daylami. So can it be effective? Yup. Absolutely. Was he in this instance? Sure, but it would have maybe been better to just have another Daylami.

Using it for mines sounds ok ... I usually use a nasmat or holoecho for that, but I can see how this would be cool. Thanks for the idea!

4. Space Ranger

Forgot it was the minelayer but the 8pt one is just as good as a Daylami and doesn't need to roll for infiltration.

5. oldGregg

I don't want to cause any confusion here. I like both of these profiles, but I believe using them like the Daylami (as I did) is notthe way to do it. In the active turn, the SMG Liberto may very well be better than a Daylami at mid-close range. In the reactive turn, especcially at mid to long range, I believe the Daylami to be superior.

Can you (or anyone) tell me how you're actually using the profiles? @Space Ranger what leads you to believe its just as good?

6. Space Ranger

Well it's different for me because it's Ikari and Yu Jing. In Ikari it's only 1 of two camo troops. But I used the minelayer for area denial. and then layed the next two and then moved towards the enemy to then do nothing but be a pain in my ARO. Another game, I used as a "guard" for a Lt. and that worked okay. The third time, with Vanilla YJ, I moved him up to take out Crazy Koalas and worked perfectly for that. There's no negatives to the dodge on those. But against mines he will be +6 for HD, then -3 for the camo. Still dodge on 13 isn't bad.

For you with already having Daylami, he may be redundant but just the fact he doesn't need to roll for infiltrating is pretty nice.

7. oldGregg

That's cool. I totally get why he's great in other lists and think its awesome you've had good experiences with the profiles. But this was specific to Vanilla Haqqislam ...

8. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience playing haqq, but played a lot of games against @JoKeR who have used Libertos the most in my meta as far as I'm aware, so he may share his view on Libertos. As far as what I would suggest - mainly two uses for it:

1) - pushing the limits of possible midfield camo mindgames cheply point-wise, though for 8 more points Hunzakuts brings an FO, Libertos bring to the table another option for midfield minlayer, which is quite useful, helps protect your CoC Farzan and in general it is a lot harder to rush somebody's deployment when there's a whole bunch of camo markers hiding behind buildings in the midfield.

2) - if you play Saladin, Liberto can be a safty layer between Saladin and potential infiltrators/AD/anything trying to kill your lt, but JoKeR probably would be able to explain some tricks like that better than I do.

oldGregg likes this.
  9. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

The Liberto is a useful, cheap Camo unit to disguise other Camo units and is far cheaper than the Farzan for getting Mines into the midfield at game start. High dodge+a dangerous loadout lets him trade in the way Haqq loves and with all the things you can hide under a camo token simply widening those options is its own reward.

I'd use him to slow down a lane of advance or keep him ZoC with another camo token to make your opponent assume there's a minelayer about, as well as sow confusion as to whether there's a Hunzakut (With deployable repeater/buttonpushing capatbility) around or a Libertos.

oldGregg likes this.
  10. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I used mine to generate goodwill in my community.
    I gave it to someone who wanted it (I have no desire to run fishmen of any stripe, spot or other patterning or colouration).

Barrogh, oldGregg and Errhile like this.
  11. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Haqq already has a plethora of good midfield irregular troops, I have not found a good way of implementing him without wanting something different.

Manfred_VR and oldGregg like this.
  12. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, for now the new liberto found its place only in my YJ army, but I'm curious to try it in Haqq, its profiles, the minelayer one in particular, are interesting.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation