1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got the game...

Discussion in 'New Users' started by FilmExile, Dec 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FilmExile

FilmExile Member

Hi there,

I am new to A! but not to Infinity.

So I was delighted when I unwrapped A! at Christmas this year. Unfortunately the plastic models in the box are well below the standard I expect for CB. The game itself looks fun through, and with some careful painting I think I can recover the look of the models somewhat.

So my question is this: Are all the models in the expansions plastic 'game pieces' or do they come as true CB quality metal castings?

This more than anything will determine whether the game has any longevity for me.

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Speaking from my own experience, I think the plastic in the newer expansions keeps improving but perhaps this is coming from the wrong person, as I like the game purely for the game mechanics.

3. FilmExile

FilmExile Member

Thanks Zewrath, good to know that things are improving.

At my games Mantic's DreadBall as proved to be very popular. While it is a reasonable game, what makes it so popular is that you can have between 2 and 6 players in a game.

Are there any plans to expand the game beyond 2 teams facing off and move to 3+ in the arena at the same time?

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

A Collectors edition CoreSet released last year has the eight Core characters in metal and yet another set of eight plastic characters for around $100. Alternate “skins” of Maximus, Parvati, Hexxer and Gata in metal were released each quarter in 2018 and a controversial sculp of Lunah is expected soon for your metal modeling pleasure.

5. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Individuals have said the game plays well as three player and some have done their one mods for four. Nothing official as yet has been discussed.

6. FilmExile

FilmExile Member

I have now undercoated the 8 core models in white and washed them down with black ink.

They are actually a lot better than I initially gave them credit for.

7. FilmExile

FilmExile Member

I say the 'skins', not really sure about them to be honest. If I was wanting to skin my team I would want a cohesive scheme on all the members... all Victoriana, or all Wild West for example.

I did get the limited edition with a set of foiled cards so I have an extra set, that could be merged with an add-on third team for a 3 way game.

8. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Aristeia is very conversion friendly if you have the hobby chops for it.

9. FilmExile

FilmExile Member

I have no problem with conversion work, the only issue is you need the cards, so you still have to buy the add-on packs for that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation