1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meaning behind Daoying

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Tian, Dec 18, 2018.

?

Which one of the following do you think should Daoying mean?

1. 刀鹰,eagle with swords

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 倒影,reflection in water

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 刀影,shadow of the blade

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I honestly can't care less.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Tian

Tian New Member

I was a bit surprised when I found out that DaoYing stand for 刀鹰 (not a mandarin word; can be broken down into 刀 meaning sword or knife, and 鹰 meaning eagles, so I guess together can mean eagles with swords). I originally thought it would stand for 倒影 (reflection of oneself, in mirror or water), which when considering the Daoying units are remote controlled similar to Nomad Hollow Man, I thought it was quite fitting and cool. Now given it more thoughts I guess I would take 刀影 (shadow of the blade) as well, considering the recon/spec ops nature of Daoying unit. All in all I really feel 刀鹰 is a rather obviously coined word, and am quite confused as of why CB choose it instead of the two possible alternative I come up with minimum effort (刀鹰,刀影,倒影 can all be pronounced and spelled Daoying). I know that now the unit logos are all done so there are remote chance for CB to change anything, but I really feel these sort of small touch can be a nice addition for future release. What do the community think? Do you think my alternatives for how to write Daoying make sense? Or perhaps you think eagle with swords is just fine? Or maybe I am the only one who cares about trivial like this?

Space Ranger and BlackCadian like this.
  2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Knife Hawk's pretty cool name IMO, a bit edgy naming though

3. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

In 3rd Offensive, the name refers to a bird called the knife-falcon so that's what they were aiming for.

I don't think the Daoying are remote presence, but the mirror/reflection interpretation would have been a neat one in that case!

meikyoushisui and Section9 like this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think Shadow of Blade is cool but I think in this case it's Eagle Sword. Especially due to the symbol for them.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hawk's Sword.

They come from the Hawk's Nest academy.

Warhydra likes this.
  6. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I wish all the Yu Jing profiles had anglicized names in their profiles as well. Espescially with the whole Zhanying-->pheasant-->crane thing.

7. Xenophontis

Xenophontis Member

I can't say I care all that much, but the Daoying are not remote presence, pretty sure. They don't have the skill at least.

8. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

I wish for the opposite, but I am probably biased. :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation