1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daylami HMG

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Lext, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Lext

Lext Karakuri resculpt

Does anyone ever use this guy? If so in what context does he shine?

I'm intrigued by this profile and really want a reason to include him. Maybe a late game throwaway rambo?

17pts, 0.5swc, seems like a steal.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Occasionally...and that occasion is, when I could think about using a Ghulam HMG (which is pretty rare, because I like HMGs on stronger platforms), then the Daylami is the better choice imho.

But why do think of him as a late game throw away unit? Since he is irregular and not that big investment you can use and potentially throw away early on.

3. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I like my Daylamis with Panzerfausts personally...further I like them infil and light shotguns to boot.

Balewolf and Xeurian like this.
  4. Lext

Lext Karakuri resculpt

Fair call - this is why this profile is challenging for me.

I don't think he could ever displace the infiltrating Panzerfaust Daylami as my go-to Daylami profile.

I've been playing HB just to give some context. I've found that sometimes I'm struggling to include high damage/burst weapons (even though I'm aware HBs strength isnt winning face-to-face rolls).

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this list:

[​IMG] Daylami HMG
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]8 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] ASAWIRA (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 44)
    [​IMG] MUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#4 Lext, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Xeurian likes this.
  5. k104agi

k104agi Well-Known Member

They are disposable.

6. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@Alkasyn he is a very well known guy, who is fielding the daylami HMG with some success onto the battlefield

Alkasyn likes this.
  7. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, @Alkasyn definitely uses Daylami HMG, even once against me IIRC ;)
    I bought old male Halqa converted to hold HMG and I planned to use him from time to time as Daylami HMG, but - still didn't try this guy. He definitely is interesting with his small pts/SWC cost and high burst weapon and I'm thankful @Lext that you reminded me about him. As I'm playing Haqq again after a time with Druze I'll try to fit this guy into some army list and check him eventually.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Alkasyn and Lext like this.
  8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I Indeed use Daylami HMG all the time, simply because in Bahram he has no competition. That's because the AVA of Ghilim is only 4, meaning if I want to have a defensive link (which I always bring) I can't really take a Ghulam HMG, which in regular Haqqislam is a better choice (regular for 3 pts).

That said, the Daylami is a decent piece, but I only ever take 1. There's usually 2 outcomes - my Daylami either dies in the first three orders having achieved nothing (@dakara) or he proceeds to eliminate several key pieces and set up the game. He is an HMG model, after all. Even if the platform is very mediocre, the weapon itself is great.

Plus the fact that he costs only 0.5 SWC is also a nice boon, even if Bahram usually has trouble fielding 6 SWC due to Fidays, the 0.5 you can spend on a Daylami PF+LS.

havocfett, Errhile and Xeurian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation