1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zavros's Guide to Infinity the Game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by zavros, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I'm not expecting anything there, it was more a comment on the absurdity of the abstraction in the firstplace

Robock likes this.
  2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Again... my one complaint with this isn't that I should somehow be able to cover 2 corners and rooftops all at once (note, you can't cover both corners, as has been demonstrated quite a few times now), but that you can't actively cover rooftops at all with facing. You have to actually get up there yourself, and without a ladder nearby on the near edge of the building that is a tall order, literally.

Plex, BLOODGOD and Robock like this.
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Actually, scenario we are talking about is pretty common IRL unless movement is properly covered. Reason beings, you typically try to assume low profile, leaving your head far in front of everything else. Getting shot in the lower part of the body is typical.

As for rooftops, fair point, but you do it with other units at that point, it seems.

#23 Barrogh, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I mean, I'm not disputing that... but you are also describing a situation where someone is prone. My point is that IRL you can look up to mitigate getting shot at from above unawares. That is not possible in infinity, currently.

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Prone or even crouched, yes.
    But back to Infinity, I suspect that this wasn't patched deliberately (haha, not really) because of two possible reasons:

1) LoF elevation causing rule bloat and creating another thing to keep track during the game, and, if we are to just improve field of view, some devaluation of Super-jump;
    2) Making sure cooperation of your different units, in this case just extra ARO pieces, isn't slightly devalued either.

6. zavros

zavros Well-Known Member

Good catch, the line drawn doesn't reflect the actual front arc of the model which is angled correctly. That section might need to be redone from a top down perspective to better demonstrate facing.

7. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

How would you deploy a Core link going second with Operation Icestorm/Red Veil scenery?? I have seen a couple games where a HI core was wiped out behind one of those buildings. The first time all five men where hidden behind the building, an AD boarding shotgun killed them easily. The second time there were two guys showing up for AROing on both corners at the table level, a linked ML killed them easily again.

[​IMG]

If you deploy a couple of them at the top of the building, and the others behind the building, I fear you can get stucked with an TO/ODD sniper aiming to the rooftop.

Is there a safe way for link deployment or just Operations scenery is a crap regarding link teams?

8. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

What does your terrain density look like? You said you are using the Operations terrain, but how many pieces do you have? Do you have enough that you can start putting some pieces together to make wider buildings or even some taller buildings? It sounds like you may not have enough.

9. zavros

zavros Well-Known Member

You should still place some prone on the roof, with the cardboard scenery your opponent shouldn't have enough height to pick off prone troopers that are close to the front edge (the cardboard scenery tends to have flat maps). Most core links should have a sniper or missle standing up on ARO duty as thats when you bonuses are really strong. It will slow down your opponent from maneuvering around the board until they deal with it, which is in your favor even if it costs you the 5 man bonus from losing that model.

You can do 2 on top, 3 on bottom. At the bottom of the building, the corner guards should be prone with the one in the middle standing, that way 2 troops can always aro if your opponent comes around with a shotgun. You could put them all prone to respond with 6th sense, but a clever opponent will drop prone to engage just the troop on the corner.

You can also do 3 on top and 2 on the bottom, everyone prone to let them aro with 6th sense from shotguns and to avoid a missle hitting stacked guys. You'll have them kind of stacked on the top, but your opponent won't be able to missle or rocket you, they would have to approach on the ladder where everyone on top can aro shoot which has a decent chance of beating out their mods, especially with a HI link.

If your worried about fighting long range TO on your turn with your link, a linked HMG can generally out dice your opponent's mods with 5 man bonus if they are in your good range. Bringing an msv hmg can also help with that if your really weak to it.
    If your having trouble with people getting stuck on buildings from long range anything, you can bring tools such as drop troops and infiltrators to still be able to use those orders, either clearing the threat or doing something else.

Your board might be really light on terrain also. If that's the case bringing more aro units and minelayers can help your survive until your turn. Things like TR bots, TO snipers, Linked 5 man snipers, minelayers, hackers, etc.

Some of this depends on the faction your playing also. I can give you more specific advice if I know which army/sectorial your playing and what your opponent is playing.

Golem2God, armazingerz and Xeurian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation