1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many expansions do you want in 2019

Discussion in 'News' started by Plebian, Nov 17, 2018.

?

How many expansions in 2019?

1. 0

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. 1

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. 2

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. 3

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 4

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  6. I am a terrible person and want 5+

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Marc C

Marc C Cardboard Hero

I bought into this game because I didn't have to worry about terrain. I love the 2d terrain aspect of this game. I have no use for 3d terrain in Aristeia. I'm keeping my money for expansions and other things announced.

New Hexadomes are cool along as the old one is still usable in tournaments. It would be very incoherent to have a board in the starter box that is not playable anymore in official tournaments. The game is finally pick up in my area. The best way to kill it - and loose my support - would be to make the starter board obsolete. I don't believe CB will make that mistake.

#41 Marc C, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Smiler likes this.
  2. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Wow. I would have never guessed their would be so many irked by the new terrain via new dome. To be fair, I have probably spent more than any reasonable person would have on this game ordering a custom board, terrain, bases, score boards, etc...Plus, I've ordered mins from Infinity to replace certain plastic miniatures. So, here is my point of view. Stop crying and let the game company do their thing i.e. making awesome as fuck stuff! :D This is not GW where a new rules edition and codex that is going to completely invalidate thousands of dollars and time spent on a niche miniatures army costing you hundreds more if not a thousand dollars to outfit your army. This is terrain...100 bucks tops? Don't we men blow this at the strip bar on a weekend? lol

Now, here is the secret to cheap and custom terrain in this type of situation. Find someone with a 3D printer and print up these beautiful blocks for a few dollars...dollars.

Or, for those above who don't want to play with terrain you have lost nothing, but a better game experience via new dome, expansions, and cards.

Love this game! Thank you CB and staff!

Croepoek and treiral like this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

An answer to Tartopom question will be very apreciated @-V- . I'm kickstarting an Aristeia mat right now (end in 5 days) so if I have to cancel my 47€ pledge I would appreciate knowing it as soon as possible

4. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I think it will all stay playable. Don't panic. They will just add new options (!) for sure.

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

New HexaDome is a new option for gamers and AGL events, but CoreBox HexaDome will not become obsolete.
    As new Tactics decks will not make CoreBox one obsolete.

What is more: we're currently working on a bunch of new scenarios to be played at CoreBox HexaDome.

We'll consider about @ijw post.

Smiler, Marc C, Plebian and 5 others like this.
  6. volgo

volgo Usuario

Perfect answer for me. Thank you @-V- !
    More option is always better!

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

How many metal miniatures (new skins for Aristos or otherwise) are you planning for 2019?

8. Murt4ir

Murt4ir New Member

i have one issue with the core foldable hexadome : it doesnt stay flat...
    will the new dome be of the same foldable cardboard type ?
    would also like to have obstacles to put on the dome...

9. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hexadome - This is good. I hope it will be downloadable as graphics. As others noted - be considerate about amount of blocked spaces.
    You may consider releasing emepty hexadome and set of blocked hexes to move them around.
    4 expansions 2 Aristos each - very good decision. IMHO we had them too many too fast. Either 4x2 or 2x4 this year (I would guggest the latter, to have similar packages). I suggest to focus on English cards, and lower the overall prize of the box.
    Also, please consider including cards to Skins blisters. There is not much encouragement to buy the skin, except the visual. In this case I would agree to pay additional money to get fully playable character.
    New General tactics. Ok. I assume they will be available to buy separately. This is again good if someone would like to skip main box and go for expansion+deck+dices to play.
    Ad related to previous point. For someone who want to skip main box he will be able to get deck+dices+core aristos skins IF skins includes cards. Please consider putting cards into skin boxes.

Scenarios - that is not a suprosing reveal :)

#49 konuhageruke, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  10. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

I like the decision to go for 4x2 releases much more. It makes it easier for the community to adapt to more tactics etc. and slows the things down a bit. As well it offers the opportunity for CB to release other stuff: Hexadomes, terrain, card sets, skins and much more.

And I think the cards are not the thing that makes the box that expensive. Aristeia! is not expensive at all by the way, you can get the core box and all expansions for just ~150 €. That is incredibly cheap!

Focusing on just one language creates a large problem for the key market: board gamers. Not every gamer wants to play in a foreign language. And not everyone is able to understand English.

Another thing is, that I would love to play that game with my kid as soon as he is old enough. But even if he will be able to understand the rules in a few years he won't be able to speak English that well that early then since we are German. So I like the opportunity to have German cards as well. Which is a problem for me at the moment since I have bought the English core box. So I can't wait to get the skins for the core Aristos to get the German character cards. And it would be great to have the core tactics with alternative art and in different languages as well. ;)

Mats by Mars is selling some Hexadome mats (PVC). And there is a/was a kickstarter based in Spain selling a Hexadome as well.

#50 HarlequinOfDeath, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    ThananRollice and Plebian like this.
  11. konuhageruke

Warcor

Same time would be if there would be 2x4characters. Just the time between releases would be longer. There is going to be 2 characters every quarter, and skins, etc in between. In my option there would be 4 characters every 6 months and in between there would be the same time for other stuff.

Well I am forced to play in foreign language + I can only use one of them, since I don't know any other of the 4. German Privilige much :)? For me it is a waste of paper (poor trees), because I put 3 sets of cards in the basement 5 minutes after I unbox the expansion. And so are you HarlequinOfDeath I assume, just different set of cards. Don't you feel that you bought something that you don't use?
    ps. You should use English version and teach kids English by playing a game they like :P :)

12. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Oh, I will try to teach him many things. Learned to use a Puky by 1,5 years and drive a bike without training wheels with 2,5 and many more things. I want to support him as much as I can and give him opportunities to learn and try out new things. It is really exciting to see a human being learning that much that fast. :)

But I would be happy to share some things with me. But you'll never know...

He is a bit young to learn English. And I don't share the opinion of some scientists that kids should learn foreign languages that early. There are studies that share different opinions and I share that experience. Because in my hometown we had many kids with Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish, Russian and many more backgrounds who talked their parents language at home very early and most of them were worse at German in school.

I would like to be able to speak Spanish and Polish but I can't, unfortunately. :( So far, I can only speak German, English and a bit French.

Nevermind. The release every three months keeps the community and fans interested as well. So I think they do the right decision. The problem with the cards... I got your point but from a logistical point of view this would be much more work for them. They would have to produce and ship 4 different boxes just because of an item that costs some Cents.

#52 HarlequinOfDeath, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Completely agree that keeping the game multilingual is important.

volgo, der_narr and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  14. konuhageruke

Warcor

Well in most cases it is up to local distributor and to translate the game to various labguages. But what the hell I know? This only happens with like any board game there is.
    Core is either eng or esp. You want to use German card from expansions? Be my guest, but in the end you'll end up with ENG standards.

And I am self aware enough to know that my problem comes from lacking cards in my language. Maybe some of your preference to have multilingual expansions comes from the fact that in other case Your preferred language would dissapear from expansion?

The argument that comes up is "I want my language to stay" :) and it is fair I must say. CB sees that the players from biggest market want their cards in their native language to boost sales. And it is cheaper overall for producer to include all languages they want in one box instead of making 4 versions (a bit cheaper). After all, the end user is paying for unused cards anyway. Very good marketing decision that I don't support.

15. volgo

volgo Usuario

The Core Box is also in French.
    I'm really grateful for that. I play with my daughter, and she doesn't speak English well enough to play without French card.
    I like the multi language cards. I can use the English version for me and let my daughter use the French one when we go to tournament with the same character (for the skin version, for example). My wife speaks well German, so if needed, we have a 3rd version to use (I know I'm gifted with 3 players under the same roof!).
    But I know not everyone use them like that.
    I can also easily see the advantages of having only one catalog reference for each expansion!

16. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Lucky guy. :) The Core Box is in German as well. However the translation of rules and cards had some mistakes since the beginning. Even the new expansion has some weird translations as well. I heard CB got a list at the Spiel in Essen with all the mistakes.

That is why I like to use the English cards and because of the fact that I play with guys in Switzerland who can't speak German, for example.

17. konuhageruke

Warcor

So my bad, for missing other languages core. My main argument is beaten, and so I will go go a corner and cry :)

18. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

It is sad that we don't have Aristeia in Russian. We have many players in Russia, but we can have more if there will be Russian language.

19. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Can't understand people who don't know English today in this age...unless they are really old or young. Probably best language to know.

20. konuhageruke

Warcor

I don't know how people don't know Polish. It's super easy! I leared it when I was toddler, and I has no learning assistance, like books or internet. I think people are just lazy :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation