1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My frosty Snow Landscape on Dawn

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Eightballz, Nov 29, 2018.

1. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

very cool

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

This is the right time of year to look for cheap (ish) snow-covered trees, too. There are trees for those cute little light-up villages some people do, as well as (much better-looking, IMO) trees for model railroads.

Bachmann makes the trees for railroads, I have many of their non-snow-covered trees. Don't know who all makes trees for the villages.

Red Harvest and jherazob like this.
  3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Even a Walmart will have lots of snow covered trees for sale. I know the one local to me has many display boxes with them in various sizes. Now would be the time to stock up, as Section9 has noted.

You rang, Sir? :yum:

Yes, curved walls are a good thing. They are not hard to do, If... you have experience with them and know how to make forms, and are patient... most of the time to make them is time needed for things to dry/cure thoroughly. Click my sig to see my old terrain thread which has copious examples of curved walls and buildings.

The table looks very nice. The raised section, did you consider hollowing it out to make it a playable "interior" area?

Other solutions to height difference would be some foam 'stairs' but make to look like rockfall or something. Maybe even a terrain piece that is similar to the way the Giant's Causeway looks. (try an image search too.) Make it on its own base so it could be moved or removed as needed.

Section9 and jherazob like this.
  4. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

@buying trees: I ve bought 20 Ziterdes Trees. 17cm- 22cm, 10 trees for ca 10 EUR. The snowy base is build quickly. White spray and Maybe a bit snow. But I need 20 more :D

The weekend was very productive. Mainly I built buildings.

First, I built a second silo. I pimped it with pipes from the sanitary and created a connection bridge to the first silo. I really like the two silos. They have a lot of details and look just great. In addition they relativize the height of the rocky part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition, we have built the highlight building of the plate. It is the dock crane by ttcombat. A great kit. Many details and very clean cut. Afterwards the crane was painted directly. But smaller snowfalls are still coming.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, timberfox, Gera and 4 others like this.
  5. Jawasa

Jawasa Member

Ut just gets better and better keep it up.

6. Eightballz

In the wintry sunshine yesterday I made a few pictures of the entire plate in the current working status. I hope you like the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, volgo and 12 others like this.
  7. andre61

8. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

Great work! This table is a scene which really tells a story.

9. Eightballz

I painted the trains and snowed some platforms. The platforms look great. The yellow-green color scheme looks good. The brown rust. I have whiten the edges and whiten individual areas. In the end, I sprayed up glue and sprinkled snow. Excellent!

In addition, I have put about 50 trees on bases. I put some filler on it and finally brushed with white paint, glue and sand. The trees will get some white spray and ice crystals.

Open points are now only the train tracks and smaller Details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, timberfox, Section9 and 3 others like this.
  10. Eightballz

About three weeks ago I started with my snow scenery. Now I'm done except for some small things. What a wonderful action. I am very satisfied with the result. The wintry mood of the scenery is pretty nice. The technical design of the height has become real good.

Stop talking. Clear the stage for Eightballs winter scenery!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GingerGiant

GingerGiant Well-Known Member

Nice work! When are you going to play on it?

Eightballz likes this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!

Where is the :nosebleed: emoji we had on the old forum? This thread deserves it!

jherazob, Eightballz and Xeurian like this.
  13. Eightballz

Thank you for the friendly comments!

Between Christmas and New Year a friend will visit me and we proof the table. From Dawn till Dusk :D 5-6 Matches.

GingerGiant and jherazob like this.
  14. andre61

15. Eightballz

In the last few weeks I have played about 6-7 rounds. Among others ITS Tic Tac Toe and Capture and Protect. But also very simple missions with three antennas in the middle.

First, I had to introduce a table rule. You can not look through the firs and the line of sight of the firs is blocked to the ground. Otherwise the numerous trees would hardly be usable.

The field was very good play. I had to be careful that it did not get too crowded, so that TAGs and big REMs still get through. But there was always a good game.

After two matches I started to rebuild the Scenery. The landscape does not have to be the way I planned. I was able to set up the 12x12 inch floor panels very diversely. In one version, there was a canyon in the middle. That was extremely cool.

My conclusion is very positive. And next weekend the table will be played on a tournament. I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Some impressions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Wow Seriously, this is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Eightballz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation