1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New wave of Varuna rumors (OMG)

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Interesting about the LT issue. What kind of problem?

Granted I get that ORC and TAG LTs can be problematic for their own reasons, but they're there. I I think the Kamau and Zulu Cobra are pretty workable? That ZC is amazing.

2. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Is something i felt before bot just hit the nail when i wanted to change my list after the game.
    During the game i used the Varuna Orc HMG for the Lt. because he is durable and wont be in that much of a risk during reactive turn (no way he goes in ARO), used his order with Garnett. The thing is that the game changed, my opponent used a Daoying Lt L2 and does orders are no joke, 10 orders main pool just became subpar...... but then i hit him with the template of the Montesa BSG twice and he died (bouncing out of TaiSheng).
    Now, are you wiling to put your Lt close to the enemy, ARO with him, use the order so he knows who is the target....... the ZC is kind of a trap, a very risky one with low dividends if it goes well, is a unit you want to use a lot.
    Crocman Lt. ? just say no
    Fusilier ? old a known, fragile, in a link that does not work like the defensive one in NCA, here it will see a lot more action, probably be the main event and not just a static defensive turret.
    Kamau ? mimetism for 10 point
    Cutter ? i did that last season..... you need a very detailed plan for the game not to go belly up fast and wont be using him for most games

So its up between a Squalo and an ORC you will be using as a spearhead in firefights.

Maybe this is because im looking into it from a limited insertion perspective, but it feels like a problem that was implanted there by design, not a coincidence.

3. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

Well, Fusiliers have Total Availability, and they are cheap orders. You can use as many as you want and they don't necessarily have to be part of any fireteam.

eciu and barakiel like this.
  4. Make PanO Great Again :P

True, but you cant hide them on a rooftop anymore, if you do that you have to waste points babysitting him or be in LoL from a single AD3 trooper.

5. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

[​IMG] First shot──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG] KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)[​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)[​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)[​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)[​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)[​IMG] HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)[​IMG] HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)[​IMG] ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)[​IMG] ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)[​IMG] ZULU-COBRA (X Visor) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG] KAMAU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)[​IMG] KAMAU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)[​IMG] PATSY GARNETT Submachine Gun, Nimbus Plus Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)[​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)[​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) 4 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

I'm thinking of giving this a whirl as a general test list. Core of fusi and sniper to power the zulus around the table and a haris of kamau and patsy to fight and push buttons. Doc is there to stick a healing boot up someone particularly the kamau sniper. Thoughts?

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The good news for PanO is that I'm looking at more like 12 orders in a single combat group for IA (with 9 models, I should add!).

Good to hear that the Liu Xing is actually working, I am still not sold on the 1W+NWI thing, though.

Linked Kamau Snipers have been scaring me ever since that thread about the best ARO.

Will need to ponder on the rest of the Varuna items, I'm really enticed by Navy SEALS, the Sectorial.

7. Titus

That's true. AD troopers got pretty scary now that they don't need the template. But you can still have 3 fusiliers on 3 different rooftops. And let them guess which one is the lieutenant.

Plot twist: it was the combi rifle Kamau in the Haris with the Kamau sniper.

Little off topic, but I think MO got it much worse on lieutenant choices.

eciu likes this.
  8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, we chatted about it being awesome when it first appeared in the new Acon.

But it's still pretty awesome!

Yeah, I have always loved my ARO game and I feel like VIRD is just going to take it to the next level.

And point man ORC as well as Crocs in Sectorial are just as juicy as I hoped they would be all this time.

I think the Kamau Haris with Engineer is a strong option for just about any mission.

And playing Camo shell games in PanO?

PRICELESS!!!

Interesting to hear strong feedback on the Montesa, I wonder if overwhelming firepower keeping AROs down works just as well as Smoke for getting upfield in the long run... might make them a good reserve drop?

Good to get some on-table experience of IA, they are looking solid and I'll be throwing down against them soon I expect.

9. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

But we (MO) are saved by our CoC Knight of the Holy Sepulchre. Problem is, I already feel it is an auto-include after just two games...

10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

The Zulu Lt doesnt need to be using FD1 to be effectively doing its job, it makes an excellent flank guard that can fairly reliably hold down an entire chunk of the board on its own and can use its Lt order to support the rest of the list through sniffers.

Additionally if you do want to FD1 it, if it is sitting pretty in front of a defencive Kamau link, just inside a zone acting as a screen to people who try and get into the fusiliers to strip the kamau of its bonus then its pretty unlikely to get exposed and jobbed while still acting in that defensive role (and scoring in certain missions)

I really think it is outside of the fusiliers the best Lt option by far. and depending on the list is good enough even in vanilla to give Joan a run for her money (yes even witht eh 1 SWC tax)

eciu likes this.
  11. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Share your lists? Interested in your team comp.

12. Titus

Really? He is 52 points... I really can't see myself using him a lot, sadly. I'm liking more the idea of a hospitalier lieutenant in a Haris that won't go far from the deployment (doctor+HMG+lieutenant). Or a defensive Core of Order Sergeants with a Father Knight lieutenant. I still have to test the new MO though.

13. Death

Death Well-Known Member

My advice is to just play the KotHS in games. Not just the CoC version but the FD lv2 version as well. I find that people often like to dismiss the KotHS until they have to face him on the table.

I don't think the CoC version is an auto include because it costs too much but it can be very effective for certain list. Far more interesting is FD lv2 KotHS + Dart + peacemaker. Now thats a fun midfield force. In the grand old Pano fashion, your infiltrated units will kill every threat before you secure objectives.

#1373 Death, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF, Titus, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Member

What does everyone think of a 5 man fireteam with Kamau HRL and Patsy? Patsy throws down Nimbus+ and the HRL shoots at -6 but the opponent shoots at -9 or -12 when in cover (with the added benefit that MSV troops can't shoot at all).

This gives the HRL under optimum range a 13 to hit while nearly safe from return fire.

I thought about Kamau HRL, Patsy, Orc with Tinbot and BSG and 2 Fusiliers - this puts the Link at somewhere around 120 points and 2.5 SWC

15. Make PanO Great Again :P

You have to meet my guys, they were showing me a one group 16 orders, 15 wounds, 3 HMG, Camo Lt. HD, deflector L2 in the heavy link..... all the enchilada.

I know we are not supouse to compare stuff cross faction, but i see the TA HMG/Haris Zuyong and the HMG Orc..... and i feel the price mechanic was gamed.

16. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hi... I don't understand well your last sentence... Could you explain to me, please?

17. Make PanO Great Again :P

tricked, modified, altered

Urobros likes this.
  18. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Thanks! Now I understand and I'am agree, more or less. I believe is something necessary to do in order to maintain certain balance in Game, but sometimes we see this how something strange or maybe not well done.

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Cutter LT is the only LT of worth

20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Member

Not when i roll the dice.. the opponent even looks at my TAG and i faill the armor roll. Also there's tons of stuff that can be used to deal with a TAG and they are sometimes dirt cheap so it's a risky move (not to mention the huge SWC cost).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation