1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in the age of 3rd Offensive

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I'm expecting QK to be shelved like other armies, while Bahram to be ignored for quite a while, with Ramah appearing to be the new shiny toy we are supposed to play.

Smiler and Xeurian like this.
  2. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

The Fasid is good, it is just Haqq usually creates lists focused on diffusion of units, and do not really support single "hero" units which the Fasid falls into. Its good, but has a wierd place in Haqq.

Myomer and bladerunner_35 like this.
  3. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Just saw the updated army builder site - Nomads got Tunguska after all, so it was just Haqqislam among the human armies that got snubbed. Seems an odd choice, and not a good one.

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

So, mint tea and baklava, anyone?

Myomer, Jonno and Sojourne like this.
  5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

At this point I think we have a time-honoured tradition of trying to apply new rules to everything that is suggested to be problematic (although it probably is) :P

To be honest, if HB even needs rework, it's probably one that involves shifting some of sectorial's power from Ghazis to less specialized mid-costed units, ones that aren't already major agents in HB gameplan. Ghazis in vacuum are pretty damn strong for what they are and what they cost, but OTOH HB doesn't seem to be overly capable otherwise (that is before any comparisons with vanilla, which is probably the reason we are discussing HB tweaks at all), and feel completely naked against certain threats otherwise.

Do you think it won't be touched even in parallel with RTF release? It could be not too far away.

I realize what exactly sets QK apart from, say, MO which received some serious attention during new shiny toy release, but on the other hand this very release uses some NA2 stuff as if they were beta-test. Could it be CB aren't actually keen on trying to replace traditional armies with merc stuff?

To be fair, Haqq is typically played like that in part because their candidates for "focused" lists aren't as individually good for any particular task as what some other armies have, and trying to use jack-of-all-trades for everything with support mostly limited to order support often ends with them expiring before everything you need to be done is done.
    So I'd say Fasid's weird place of an individualist (I mean, he still has that price tag, so it's a bit harder to relegate him to secondary roles without compromising a lot somewhere else) in a "communal" army is a result of him not actually carrying "cornerstone+cheerleaders" lists.

Is this a key to mastering the virtue of patience? :P

emperorsaistone likes this.
  6. Errhile

Ah. Honestly, I do not know. But I can with much certainty say that the lack of these does much to make such mastering a lot more difficult.
    It also indicates a lamentable level of service in an estabilishment, or equally lamentable approach to hospitality if at one's table!

And such basic comforts of civilised existence certainly make facing the wait easier, and coping with Fate more bearable.

I'd assume a true master could excercise said virtue with no more than dirt under his feet, but while I do occasionally call you, o my brothers, to excercise such a virtue the patience is, it would be a shameless lie on my part to claim I have achieved any mention-worthy mastery of it.

;)

7. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

I don't know... i'm not that pessimist, i guess QK will get a rework and HB not, at least not near RTF release. would love to see new units/rules at HB (it's my favorite army =D), but i know that there's any armies needing it more now.

QK being shelved is one possibility, but i like to think that they will stay.

Yeah, Agreed! Actually, i don't like too much this CB position of "Oprah" giving everybody the same skills and equipaments.

IMHO, Ghazis are a problem because Vanilla have the same AVA as HB, while HB need Ghazis, for Vanilla, 4 Ghazis are overkill and too good to let it go. But you're right, a change of power would be good too!

oh, i don't think that RTF will be here for at least 4-5 months, but if QK get's anything, probably will be near RTF release

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

Well with all the prevalence of new 1W Shock Immune NWI units, I’m trying to jam in Rifle Lasiqs now into every list I make..

Xeurian likes this.
  9. Errhile

I'm under impression this is the new approach to the "lightweight HI" idea. However, it seems to be limited to YJ at the moment, isn't it?
    Certainly a fine target for Viral weapons, though!

Barrogh likes this.
  10. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

Good for the Aleph 1W NWI stuff such as the Yadu. Also works on the TAK kazak stuff too.

11. Barrogh

Some of them have bioimmunity instead, but yeah.
    I should point out that without decent medical support bioimmune NWI model is basically same as 2W one.

Although I wouldn't call an army feature "a universal fad".

12. Errhile

All fine points, @Barrogh. Though if it has proven a good solution in CB's eyes, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in some future releases.

A YJ trooper moight be getting such a combination thanks to advanced lightweight armor.
    A Haqq one might be biomodifed that way, or be using advanced self-first aid equipment (fluff-wise, I mean, the effect being the same rules-wise: 1W + NWI + Shock / Bio / Total Immunity)

13. Barrogh

Frankly, I would like to see something that could more reliably benefit from Hakims and Tuareg doctors (aside from Tarik, perhaps)...

14. Errhile

I can't see your point there.

A forward-operating troop that would be resistant to Shock ammo?

15. Barrogh

Well, something with "IA template" would actually do. Something you would want to move in the midfield as an option, why not.

It was just a stray thought since IA features were mentioned.

If everything else fails, I'll just revive our 2v2 project, heh :P

16. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I would like to see QK get some love for sure. They were always such an awesome army, so awesome in fact all of their cool stuff had to be given to everyone else like mixed links, Harris, and mercs. The spitfire odalisque being released soon seems completely out of left field.

Ariwch, Danger Rose and Stiopa like this.
  17. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

CB just needs to give Odalisques Shock Immunity. That is all I ask.

Myomer and Deltervees like this.
  18. Errhile

I catch your drift - after all, having worked together with Tarik, there isn't anything left to shock these ladies!

:stuck_out_tongue:

jsuso, Robtor, theGricks and 4 others like this.
  19. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

After Tarik they need Bioimmunity...like really, that guy is poisonous after all;)

Concerning the discussion above about something that would profit from Hakims and Touareg, I had an Idea and I even see a little chance that it could come true. What if some RTF units had a rule that gave them a second level of unconsciousness? From a fluff pov its just enhanced resistance against fatal wounds and from rules pov it allows our Doctors to make more use out of their abilities, because they now dont get their patients shot into pieces so easily. My experience is, that against Haqq people often spend the extra order to kill an unconscious model. This makes it harder for them and will cost an extra order here and there.
    Doesnt make the units any stronger who have it, but expands on Haqqs strenght in general.

20. Barrogh

They will probably clock at around 30 pts base then, I feel. Although we have to ask people who've crunched IA numbers to make a more educated guess.

On topic of wishlisting:

Lasiqs need a lot of designer love.

Yasbir needs a reason to exist. Wouldn't mind him made more useful for his points and able to join at least Hassassin links in his Holo1 version, if not a proper wildcard. Right now that version of him is basically a 27 point line trooper with good CC abilities nobody cares about because the platform lacks delivery mechanism.

Govad links are rather questionable as, well, link in HB. Maybe those Haris and/or Number 2 profiles would benefit from that shiny new Tactical Awareness. I'm aware you would probably want to have that skill on someone with an actual gun to make it less situational, and also to make sure some single Govad can be useful in Vanilla (besides already present situational stuff like, I dunno, Veteran KHD - some people like them), but I dunno. Maybe also something to leverage their MSV1 more universally, especially if Lasiqs will be uplifted. The former's situational +3 will probably be usually worse than latter's more universal -3.

I'm not sold on Muyib Core either, but eh. Individually, they seem to be in a better place than any other link in HB except Ghulam and maybe Asawira (which is Haris, so not really a competition).

On QK, I wonder if Djan Haris would make sense, or should they be left with Core / mixed Core / partial Core options. I can imagine them being interesting when you can also have classic Ghulam Core.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation