1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Player! List Help?

Discussion in 'New Users' started by sololobo, Nov 19, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hey guys! My buddy introduced me to this bad ass game and it is hella fun. I want to buy all the models. Now, I want to build a custom team and wanted some help picking the 4th team member.

Hannibal
    Wild Bill
    Lunah

It’s a range list. But, since I only played one game I don’t know what character would be best for the 4th team member?Tank? Support? Scorer? More Damage Dealers?

2. tartopom

tartopom Well-Known Member

Hi, and Welcome.

To build your list, there are many ways to select your characters.

You can think about combos/synergy between them.
    You can build with characters you like (general looks, abilities etc)
    You can select them according to the scenarios.

For a beggining, as you might play assault for your first game, I like to recommend a somehow balanced team. A Range or CC Damage dealer, a tank, a scorer and a control or support.

For the list you have, I'd suggest a Scorer. Again, it depends on the scenario, but having a quick, agile member is not a bad option. So, for this I'd say Gata could be a good choice.
    You could also choose Bixie. But I find her quite tricky to play for new players.

If I had to give my advice on your list, FWIW, I'd say that Lunah/Wild Bill on the same team isn't relevant. I'd replace one of them by a CC character or a tank.
    One of my fellow players has a list with Hannibal / Señor Massacre / Bixie / Eclypse. It works quite well. He adjusts it according to the scenario, but his team is a pain to play against. :sweat_smile:

sololobo likes this.
  3. sololobo

@tartopom
    I know! There are so many ways I kind of get lost in it! But, I like that. Do you know if they are going to produce more models? :)

Ahhh, I didn’t look too deeply into the scinarios. Yeah, playing assault with only range dudes might be a pain. Well that is another good thing to know!!!

Bixi kinda freaks me out because she doesn’t have any legs. lol But, Gata?! Hell yeah! Okay, I’ll field the puss.

Hannibal is my fav model in the game so he had to roll with me. Following that I think I work on making a list around him. :)

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

@sololobo It's great to see how much fun you are having. If your goal is to win games in any and all of the eight current scenarios then a more balanced team might be good. However I have seen players that enjoy so much sending their opponents to the Infirmary that they still have loads of fun. At first it is most important to thoroughly understand all the attributes of your characters. I wish I had a dollar for every time I or one of my opponents forgot to consider displacing Maximus when an attack was called on his Ally.

sololobo likes this.
  5. tartopom

Have fun with Gata.

Bixie is very special. She doesn't have legs, but Oh she's fast. Using her Domu's Gift ability can make you cross the hexadome really easily. I recommend you to play her after a couple games. Once you'll be used to the game.

As @Roadrunner7431 said, as long as you enjoy playing your team, everything is good ^^

sololobo likes this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I agree you need a scorer or your team will suffer in many scenarios:

• Gata is the most obvious to get chosen. Great Tactics. Your team should play to protect her.
    • Parvati can score and thanks to Hannibal's Pointman she can be a killing machine. But I think is not the best option.
    • Laxmee can acts as scorer and her buffs and debuffs are great, and she can remove annoying States from your Allies.
    • Murtair, to be the bodyguard to Lunah and Bill, and to be more efficient thanks again to Hannibal. And an unexpected scoring option, but just for a Round, luckily two.
    • Bìxié is a great option for a team with Hannibal, 'cos he can make her perform Doumu's Gift once more per Round. But she is a difficult Char to master.
    :wink:

7. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Bixie is incredible. It's all about #TeamBixie.

Definitely pairs extremely well with Hannibal, and I find she works well with some strong ranged damage, like Lunah! You can hop around, set up a Marked State :J: and then use Hannibal to bounce her away out of her activation.

Then Lunah pops the :2:.

Welcome to the team!

sololobo, volgo and -V- like this.
  8. sololobo

Daaamn I didnt see all the responses! This place is awesome! All of you guys make this community top shelf!

And surprise surprise I actually got a game or two in. One with my team and one with a...ehhh team vs a top team. Each game was one sided and I’ve been learning a LOT!

I’ve learned I need someone who can hold a zone i.e. tank and/or someone who can grab near end of game i.e. scorer just like everyone said :)

The scorer I tried was Dart...but I think I messed up using her.

One of the biggest things I learned was too much long range fire power is a bad thing. So with all this m, I’ve retired Wild Bill for other ventures. I’ll find a team he rocks with down the road tho. In the mean time I plan to field:

Team: Alpha
    Max, Mendoza, Prysm and Gata

Team: Bravo
    Max, Mendoza, Valkyrie and Taowu

I know Alpha Team will perform on a competitive level, but I’m very curious to see how Bravo Team will perform. Bravo lacks a dedicated scorer; however, when it gets on objective it’s gona hold it! lol

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Dart is good at harassing and hunting little preys. Oh, yes, she can make the play and score... maybe once. But that doesn't make her a scorer.

I like Team Bravo. If you can get Valkyrie and Taowu worked together maybe you don't have a scorer, but you can make your opponent not to score and control the game. Difficult anyway. You could exchange Max or Mendoza for more punch power: Massacre, Miyamoto (he can score while making sushi of his Enemies), even Murtair (if you keep Mendoza in). The think is: if I strike first I won't need so much healing or Damage absorption. Another option is to exchange for State control: Laxmee (who can score easily) or Parvati (and she can heal).

As you stated, this team seems to be good at staying hold.

:wink:

sololobo likes this.
  10. tartopom

I like your Team Bravo.

As @-V- said, depending on the scenario, you might want to make small changes. I like the Laxmee / Parvati options. Being in control of what is happening in the Hexadome is quite the aim of the game.
    State removal/gestion by those two gives you an quite nice advantage.

Trust me, getting rid of Dart's :O:Hidden token before Valkyrie's charge at range two, is a delight.

sololobo likes this.
  11. sololobo

Hey V and Tartompom!

I'm super stoked you guys liked my Bravo team! And, yes, locking them down and grinding out a win was the eventual goal of Bravo Team like typical control in most other games.

Now, base off of your recommendations I see synergy lines moving in different directions. By adding Murtair I would be more incline to keep Max and Mendoza leaving Valkyrie or Taowu. But, due to synergy, I would decline to take either and add Parvati. This would make a brick themed list based off wound manipulation and movement tactic tricks. I like it a lot. As for Musashi, I have him in a team that uses movement manipulation and combat to win the day i.e. Carano, 8-Ball and Hexxer. However, I'm waiting on the December release to use that team. :D

This leaves Laxmee or Parvati for Bravo Team based off recommendations. Out of the two, I like Laxmee most, because she is better at removing states and can debuff my opponents attack improving my team's defense which synergizes with the theme. Plus, she is fast!

Bravo Team:
    - Max
    - Mendoza
    - Valkyrie
    - Laxmee

Depending on the opponents team construction I can swap Laxmee and Taowu. If states are in play, in comes Laxmee. If my opponent want to play fast and loose incomes Taowu to slow them down and grind out all their fun.

What do you guys think?

12. tartopom

Your Bravo Team with Max - Mendoza - Valkyrie and Laxmee seems nice. Don't forget you can use Laxmee's abilities to manage states on either your team or the opponent's.

This said, I'd keep her in any case.

If swap, i would change Max for Prysm. Going from a pure tanky to a tanky/aggressive profile.
    Or Laxmee for Eclypse. I like the concept in which Mendoza burns a target and Eclypse flips them right after causing a spontaneous combustion.
    Now that I speak about her, i'm thinking that Eclypse could also be a nice add. She doesn't remove states, but she flips them. Which allows buff resets and debuff turn off.

I'm not a big fan of Taowu. And his :G:effects seem redundant with Valkyrie's. But that's my opinion of course.

Now I want to test a team with :
    Prysm/HeXx3r/Valkyrie/Eclypse. I'm monomaniac, I decided to play only female characters so I'm changing Mendoza for HeXx3r. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

sololobo likes this.
  13. sololobo

Hahaha love it! Monomanicac is the only way to go. It looks like a very tricky and finesse like team. How does it work?

Whats wrong with Taowu?

I've noticed a LOT of persons do not play him or care for him.

14. Roadrunner7431

TaoWu may be the trickiest character to master. Notice that his defense of :)::)::3::3: is terrible except that he forces his opponent to discard a Tactic and if he goes to the infirmary the opponent does not draw a card to make up the loss. His :R: of :3::3: and :Q: of :3::3: are also terrible. Except again that loss of a Tactic. If the other team has Wild Bill, Hannibal or Oberon his Tactic shenanigans are not that penalizing. On the other hand if you are skillful and lucky, his actions of Paralyzing Terror and Hallucinations allow him to be surprisingly mobile despite his :U: of only 3.

sololobo likes this.
  15. tartopom

That sums it up.
    I'm not really skillful nor lucky. And I always find a character more relevant to play in place of Taowu. And, it's not a female character. Haha

But yeah, Taowu is, IMO, a character that could be chosen to be a pain for the opponent and not for his performance in the hexadome. Which is also a thing I can understand.

sololobo likes this.
  16. sololobo

@Roadrunner7431

I knew it! He and Laxmee are like the two weakest models when it comes to defense its not even laughable. And, thank you for pointing out his counters as that makes a lot of sense now. Shoot, the characters you mentioned to counter Taowu would make a great team with the addition of Musashi. If just ONE of the damage dealers got off they may kill everything on the board in one go with the support Hannibal and Oberon bring to the table.

Now here is question, how is Taowu mobile? I see he can throw smoke then teleport next to it. But, that's just it. His teleport action is a switch effect checking for smoke. Since switches must occur first how can I teleport when I haven't had a chance to throw the smoke? Seem like some skornergy is going on here. lol (another game referencing bad synergy)

@tartopom

Hahaha oh snap its fo-real! You would have loved the Asari world on Mass Effect (a video game). ;) And that pain is exactly why I wanted to used him. Or, at least try him out. I hope he isn't a pain for me to use tho! He should be a pain for the opponent not me! hahaha

17. [ ]

[ ] Member

Leaving asaris aside (the mass effect tohaa xD), Tao Wu is a tricky bastard. When using him, I prefer to think that I'm playing with just 3 aristos, in exchange of being the only one able to play tactics as my opponent's hand will be drained and with double (or triple) "NO!" he's not gonna have a chance to play a card

18. Roadrunner7431

@sololobo My probability math is not strong but if you look at TauWu's green action of Paralyzing Terror you see that for 3:E: you get to roll :-::.: looking for at least one :2: and you are able to spend :1::3: for the switch. You are not limited by LOS as the range is :SL:1-4. Therefore I believe you have 2/3 chance to get at least one :2:. Any extra :1::3: is a bonus and with :-::.: I believe you may have as high as 5/6 chance of getting :1::3: at least once and a small but finite chance of getting :1::3: twice. So immobilize one to three targets( you get even immobilize an Ally such as your own Maximus) Then you use the 1:E: Hallucinations looking for the switch of :2::3: which you may get about 40% of the time (or add a :.: to greatly improve the odds) So you have a tricky, evil old man who sometimes just walks through walls (Blocked Spaces) Who needs the techno-acrobatics of Bixie? Don't climb walls just walk through them.

Croepoek, treiral and tartopom like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation