1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, let's talk about that Morat Update...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Nov 29, 2018.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

that basically just means it has a free order to throw its smoke grenades

2. daboarder

Warcor

Thank you Death, glad to see at least some are getting it

3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Can't work out why the G:sync'd Preta costs more than a normal preta. It is restricted by the G:sync, doesn't generate orders... normal g:sync dtw bots cost 4pts. Dogged surely doesn't double the price...

Feels like they've just thrown it together instead of properly designing... gimme the Strelok's K9 buddy instead - it costs 8 pts :P

itsuncertainwho and xagroth like this.
  4. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

Wait soggy bioimmunity? The new N2 shotgun tax? The, when some tohaa jackhole slaps my LT with a viral something, it sure does suck to just have soggy dead in one hit instead of unconscious.

Maybe the new oznat profile could be good. Is real hard not to just take 2 daturazi, or m+r drone. It's a worse idea than the devil dogs.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Too costly, sadly... In an already costly army. Basic BSG + Gaki + Sensor for 21-22pts would have been much more interesting.

Auxilia is 14pts... Pano places 2 for the cost of that Oznat

If she were Impetuous instead of Extremely, then I would agree. Consider also that the 18pts smoker oznat and the 14pts mimetic Daturazi have that extremely impetuous order to throw smoke around...

#125 xagroth, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Lesh' and CabalTrainee like this.
  6. daboarder

Warcor

the type Impetuous really has no bearing, even not costing an order to "cancel it" leaves any case where you are choosing not to use reg impetuous as wasting resources.
    Resources whose "weakness" is readily accounted for by being smart with your placement of the impetuous troop.
    Pull it back from the wall and corner for 1, it adds more distance to to travel before you will run into LOF and as such means that you are less likely to proc and ARO

7. daboarder

Warcor

Oh yeah, And who also doesnt love the idea of running a 7pt preta into a TAG, Disconnecting the Preta, then triangulated Firing the TAG to death with shotguns

Or shoot halfway across the map at anything with Fire shots for just a -3

#127 daboarder, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  8. paraelix

And rehashes information already discussed and posited by actual Morat players since Oct 17(ish) when we were told Raktoraks were getting Wildcard, and we all applied our brains to the implications.

Lesh' likes this.
  9. paraelix

8pts. Pls read the profiles and/or posts before "bestowing your knowledge".

Lesh' likes this.
  10. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Or just spend 12 points for 3 Gakis and kill the TAG in less orders?

Lesh' likes this.
  11. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Last time I checked Triangulated Fire doesn't let you shoot beyond your weapons maximum range.
    So you can't really across the map with it, since you at best can shoot from 24'' away then.

Just a small notice.

xagroth likes this.
  12. daboarder

Warcor

48/2 is 24.

Wont work on diagonals sure, but its still halfway across.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  13. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Laughs in Zulu Cobra at the attempt of other people to use triangulated fire.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. Maksimas

Still, it won't work for shooting from DZ to DZ, even if both are on the edges on the DZs. ( Since you deploy up to the line, effectively making it that those two would still be 24.(0)1'' away from eachother.

Personally, I think a lot of Triangulated Fires value is lost on a short range gun, since one of it's main draws, for me at least, is being able to manipulate the MODs in such a way where you are not only shooting from cover with whatever innate MODs you have... you're also quite a ways beyond the enemies good/neutral range bands as well, to accomplish stuff like ''Hey you there. I hate your TR HMG, so I'm gonna shoot at it from beyond 32'' with Triangulated fire.''

paraelix likes this.
  15. daboarder

Warcor

I didnt say that it would, I said halway, that it will do

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  16. Maksimas

Don't get me wrong, I can see Trinagulated Fire shotguns working, it's just... not to the fullest potential Triangulated Fire can achieve, at least IMO.

Maybe it would have been nice if a G;Sync Preta profile appeared for the Combi+Smoke LGL profile too, now I think?

Dr.Lycosid and daboarder like this.
  17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say the gun is not necessarily a bad point (because of template shenanigans). The problem is that the Oznat has no negative modifiers to impose on the enemy when shooting, frankly... you shoot at -3, the enemy shoots back... and if you use the Triangulated Fire, the gaki is out of range more than likely (the large teardrop template won't reach at the -3 shotgun range)

daboarder likes this.
  18. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Lot of new skills would be good have appeared on more profiles too. Raktorak NCO, Sogarat FA2, Suryat Tactical Awareness. Missed chance.

19. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

@daboarder Why are you even trying? Some just want to complain, not find solutions or discuss the (numerous) improvements that update brought.

"Gnagnagna, my Vanguards still costs 14 points instead of 12, Morats are so weak"
    "Gnagnagna, the new Oznat is too expensive, give me a Strelok"
    "Gnagnagna, Raktorak is only AVA2, how dare you talk to us you ignorant baboon?"
    "Gnagnagna, I can't play at all without my Bit&Kiss"

This topic should rather be entitled "So let's whine about that Morat Update" because even when people highlight positive stuff and made good and accurate points, the same three or four frustrated dudes just anwser them "No, you're wrong and I'm right. *any faction* does that better. That sucks. CB sucks. You suck."
    We should open a topic entitled "Let's discuss the improvements of that Morat update" to talk freely without having to deal with all that painful negativity.

BTW @Sparrow, weren't you suppose to quit Morats? You made it particularly clear in like 5 messages all over the forum so why are you still there whining? What's the point? It shouldn't matter anymore as you won't ever play Morats

I'll never get how people can get so angry and frustrated about some figures representating little metal toy soldiers... That really is beyond my understanding.

20. daboarder

Warcor

Shrug, Because I like discussing ideas and tricks and how to use units effectively. and I see a lot of really really good potential in morats, I have before this update to be honest, but this has made it even stronger and Id like to see players do well with them.

Additionally there are people on here that dont immediately put their back up and do listen and discuss. As such its for those people that I keep discussing the strengths of units.

Death, DFW Ike, Reyzah and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation