1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army Pre Pre Mortom

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by atomicfryingpan, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

As we haven't complained enough since the Uprising ;)

A Mão Esquerda and Chaserabinov like this.
  2. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Your reaction is exactly as knee jerk as anyone else's. Don't assume that you somehow know best: that's hypocritical, and your immediate hostile response is exactly why shit devolves.

Get your head out of your ass and contribute positively or ignore those you disagree with.

3. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I agree that Daoying and Hulang are the most interesting of the bunch. I suspect they’ll do better in vanilla then their own sectorial, but that pattern seems to be the case for a lot of the newer sectorials so i’m not exactly surprised.

As I suspected, mowang is just a different flavor of hammer. Nothing wrong with that, just not titillating.

On first blush I expected the Haido to be mid level link filler, but they cost roughly the same as Zuyong and are limited to one per link so that expectation was incorrect. I kinda wish the visor profile had a different weapon. A marksman rifle of some flavor, or a multi rifle, or something like that. I have a suspicion IA’s links are going to want to be aggressive not dz castles, and I can’t see myself taking one solo at that price point for that stat line. Maybe some value if you roll a Zanshi core, but that feels like a waste. Time will tell I guess.

Speaking of Zanshi, you could try to copy the flying crane link using the tac aware Shang Ji spitfire. Crane’s a little better, but this link will be cheaper and gets an extra order. You can also sub out some Zanshi for a pango or a Haido I guess. Not sure how well it’d ultimately work without a Kuang Shi battery.

I’m sad the Shang Ji didn’t get point tweaks. Similar feeling for the Guija not changing.

Yan Huo Haris is going to be a novelty at best in 300 pt games. Maybe if you weren’t required to use two Yan Huo it’d be more serviceable. EDIT: Turns out I was wrong about how wildcards interact with special fireteams. Looks like you can pop the pango in there to keep things nice and cheap or add a sonbae for even more long range missile fun if you’ve got the SWC to spare.

Price tweaks on the zuyong would have been nice, but I wasn’t expecting it as much as I was for the Shang Ji, so I’m less disappointed. Would have been cool for them to get sectorial unique patterns like the Orcs did in Varuna (that’s a treatment I feel signature units should get across all sectorials). The character is neat, but at her price point it’s going to be a struggle to include her.

Light shotgun pango is fun. The links he might join don’t really benefit from his presence other than being a cheap member. Might have some use in a duo with a mowang to keep the disposable weapon topped off.

Would have been nice to see another visor, even if only msv1 on something other than a Haido. Rui Shi and Lu Duan are going to continue to be popular work horses, especially with them being AVA 2 each. In fact REMs seem to be a big source for cheap orders in sectorial: pango, weibing and chaiyi are also AVA 2. Husongs are 3. Son bae is only 1. Will a chocolatey HI center surrounded by a REM candy shell be competitive? I guess we’ll find out.

#103 ambisinister, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    ObviousGray likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Can we leave heads and asses separate and move on with the conversation?

5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Reading, and reading through profiles.

This army is very delicate; Ha, roster building was never this level amusing.

6. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

@2 yan huos in harris - guys, we have 13 pts wildcard... Links really dont have to be expensive in IA;P

Stiopa, Benkei and colbrook like this.
  7. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Hmmm, not as exciting so far as I had hoped, but far from as disappointing as I would have feared. I could see me playing this sectorial, yes.

Now to do some theorycrafting.

armazingerz likes this.
  8. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

I was actually just about to ask: it's a Special Fireteam - do we have to adhere to it, or can Wildcards reshape it like regular Fireteam?

9. psychoticstorm

Well Shang Ji are wildcards so there you have it

10. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Wildcard can jin ANY fireteam so I believe it can join regular or special.

Stiopa, ambisinister and Kallas like this.
  11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I never said they were bad profiles, I said they were dull

12. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Can I have two different wildcards in two different links? Or in the same link?
    Because wording here is different than in other armies

13. ambisinister

That’s a good question. I was under the impression special teams had to be specifically what’s on the label, no substitutions.

14. psychoticstorm

Well edit

Shang Ji can join any fireteam, just only one of them per fireteam.

ambisinister, Kallas and Sedral like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No need for two Yan Huo

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)

2.5 SWC | 99 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This is a valid Haris.

16. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

That's how it works?

That's both cool (for the Yan Huo team) and not great (for Wildcards/IA's).

Thanks for the clarification!

Edit: Ah, much better, thanks for the edit update!

17. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

@psychoticstorm - yeah, but can I have panguling in one link and shang ji in another? And in the same links?

18. psychoticstorm

I am afraid it is in the IA case only one Shang Ji per fireteam, others can mix and match more than one.

@Mruczyslaw

Yes.

ambisinister, Sedral and Mruczyslaw like this.
  19. ambisinister

If that’s how wild cards interact with special fireteams, then that means we could run a zuyong, Yan Huo, sonbae, and that configuration might have legs.

Stiopa likes this.
  20. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Cool, it works for me

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation