1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a Place for Arslan

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Envihon, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Speaking of Arslan - please help me out here: does he have a model of his own, or do we have to proxy him?

2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I think we have to proxy him atm. I'm tempted to Frankenstein a female version of him to make my upcoming Druze force the thematic antagonists of my Sand Cats, with the Arslan profile for the Fifth Odalisque who sold her teammates in the first place and is now a prolific Merc with her own company.

3. Varsovian

I see... If I may ask, what about the Brawlers? They don't have model either, right? Do you think we will get them at some point..?

4. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

No model either. Hopefully soon.

[​IMG]
    I'm hoping March during Adepticon, but that's just hope with no backing

5. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

A lot of folks, myself included, are using Steven Rao for Arslan.

[​IMG]

Danger Rose and Abrilete like this.
  6. Nat Lanza

Nat Lanza factional dilettante
    Warcor

Personally I’m kinda torn between proxying with Rao and using Col. Voronin. Voronin doesn’t have the dynamic gunfighter look of Rao, but he does capture a nice down-and-dirty commander vibe.

7. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Sforca is another good proxy, some people, including myself, are using.
    His viral rifle is unique enough to fit the multi+lsg (plus he has a viral pistol so it even kinda fits). And his pose is very commander-like. ;)

8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I was using the LSG Scarface pilote, but I have since cut off the head of the Sword wielding Druze and put the Manbun head in its blace and it looks to do the job very well. I would like to replace his Combi-Rifle with a multirifle as well. I will be buying the new Joan to chop up (cause I need her two heads for my all-fem-brawlers as well).

@Danger Rose you should use the KHD druze as the base! I also have a 5th Oda body (the one that wields the contender) if you want it. Message me an address and I can send it to. Its got some green stuffed pony tail, but it is blended well. No arms, just a body.

Danger Rose likes this.
  9. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Thanks @theGricks , but my wife vetoed the idea. She prefered I use the Beyond Redveil CSU and make him Sireen's father in a new LHost.

theGricks likes this.
  10. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Which man-bun head?

11. theGricks

Manbun with beard head from the ghulam.

@Reece

[​IMG]

xagroth, Danger Rose, Q.A.I. and 3 others like this.
  12. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Sweet! It just so happens, my buddy has extras. Although, I was thinking about using the old Hacker body as the base for Arslan.

This one right?

upload_2018-1-22_11-8-7.png

theGricks likes this.
  13. Varsovian

Out of curiosity: when proxying, what do you take into account? Just the general feel, or do you consider what weapons does the model display etc.?

Also, what if CB releases an Arslan mini in a month? Wouldn't the money spent on a proxy wasted?

14. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Having the exact weapon and approximate armour value (Some MI look very light armored (Moiras), but I wouldn't use a HI as a MI or LI. Interchanging SK and LI are perfectly fine IMHO, but you can stick to SK proxing as SK to make it easier for you ) makes a very reasonable proxy. If you convert it a little, its even ITS legal. So giving a Multirifle to any MI or heavy LI, would make a perfectly fine Arslan you even could use after they release a specific mini.

#34 McNamara, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Abrilete likes this.
  15. Varsovian

Hmmm... So what exactly is "ITS legal"? I didn't know that there were any requirements for the minis themselves...

Let's say you proxy a trooper with a MULTI Sniper Rifle with a mini that has just a normal Sniper Rifle. Is it legal?

16. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

This is from a tournament PDF

For your question, it should be as long as your opponent agrees to it and its hard to imagine someone splitting hairs over it. Ive never seen a tournament organizer make a hard rule for WYSIWYG

Abrilete likes this.
  17. Varsovian

I wonder where's the line for "accurate representation", then? For example, would Stephen Rao as a proxy for Arslan be accepted under ITS rules? I checked and Rao's weapon options aren't the same as Arslan's. I guess the mini fits... as long as you squint, so to say, and pretend that the Combi Rifle is a MULTI Rifle and the Assault Pistol is a Viral Pistol...

18. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

I think its much more broad than that. I believe the intent is to try to stop you from trying to gain an advantage by confusing your opponent. Say you were representing a crane with a differently painted kuang shi amongst a crowd of kuang shi, even though the paint would differentiate the unit its obvious that theres the potential to misidentify.

Theres no one else you could mix up stephen rao for in the DBS, because he's dissimilar to any other DBS troop. This is all just my take though, speak
    with your tournament organizer for clarity

Abrilete likes this.
  19. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Proxies of minis, which already are released aren't officially legal in ITS by the rules. What's legal are conversions and proxies of minis without a release. What your specific TO decides is another question but these are rules as written.

So if you convert Rao to have another weapon he becomes a conversion and therefore legal as a proxy in every case.

20. theGricks

I did not spend any money on my conversion, I had the pieces already (I have the old druze since I play Haqq), and I had 2 Redviels, so had some extra Ghulam minis.

As for proxies and conversions, ITS rules do state you can use a converted model for an existing model, but not a proxy. This of course is only an issue if your opponent brings it up. If your opponent has no issues (the model is easily recognizable for them), then you are good. I personally have never seen people have problems with proxies that are unique. (people still using the Azra'il AP HMG for a Blackjack).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation