1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiseKensai's NA2 Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by WiseKensai, Mar 30, 2018.

1. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Well, now that StarCo is a thing, and it basically has all the stuff that I love and more, it was time to put it on the table. Feels weird putting another thread up but this should be the last new thread for me for awhile. Gotta paint the armies I have before starting more. That said, I'll eventually get to JSA/Ikari/Druze and put those here too.

StarCo Rescue Mission
    Mission: Rescue
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Japanese Secessionist Army (300)
    Without giving the ending away, holy crap Raoul is good, as is the Massacre + Daktari + Mobile Brigada link!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did playing it and putting it together! Thanks for reading!

2. WiseKensai

Warcor

Took StarCo to the first tournament that I could! Sorry FRRM! They were a blast. The characters are all STUPIDLY GOOD, especially Raoul and Emily who delivered all my wins. It's an escalation tournament, so you'll get to see three different StarCo lists!

April Betrayal Tournament Report
    Game 1 - Grenades and Horseshoes
    Mission: The Grid
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Morat Aggression Force (200)​
    Game 2 - Smash and Grab
    Mission: Rescue
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Aleph (300)​
    Game 3 - Freedom and Justice
    Mission: Comms Center
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus USAriadna Ranger Force (400)​

A fantastic tournament, run by @TheDiceAbide. Thanks for reading!

3. WiseKensai

Warcor

This is the second half of a Tohaa Biotechvore double feature! Been practicing for the upcoming Portland Game Store Biotechvore Showdown and managed to get two games in on one night.

StarCo Calvary
    Mission: Biotechvore
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Tohaa (300)
    I'm kinda liking StarCo for this mission. There's actually a fair amount of choice in what you bring, even in a limited insertion format. I think the Massacre + Daktari + Brigada link is stronger than the Riot Grrl + Avicenna link because of the smoke, but both are viable archetypes.

Valmiir and volgo like this.
  4. WiseKensai

Warcor

Well, settled on StarCo for the Biotechvore showdown. Got paired against a newer player, but he put up some serious resistance!

PGS Biotechvore Showdown 2018
    Mission: Biotechvore
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus ISS (300)​

I kinda want to fit in some regular smoke, but all the stuff in the list is pretty indispensable. I could maybe try a Riot Grrl Haris, but I do like the toolbox of Raoul and the Brawlers. Well, hope you enjoy the report!

5. WiseKensai

Warcor

Visiting an old friend to play some Infinity. He's rusty and is trying a brand new faction to him.

And E/M was Half the Battle
    Mission: Acquisition
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Imperial Service (300)​

I had forgotten how swingy Acquisition is. Uhahu is not a good datatracker for survivability... Not sure what the best one is for StarCo aside from perhaps a Brigada or a TAG... food for thought.

6. WiseKensai

Warcor

More StarCo on ISS Action. This time I tried a weird list with three Duos and no Core or Haris. Not sure it was the best plan but it did feel more like Vanilla Nomads (with more efficiency) which I really liked. I'm going to have to try this archetype more.

Tic Tac No

Mission: Tic Tac Toe
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus Imperial Service (300)
    If anyone's tried something similar or has thoughts, do let me know!

7. WiseKensai

Warcor

@TheDiceAbide and I had a pretty off day for the both of us, so we just settled in for some good old fashioned punching each other in the face (metaphorically, of course). I was trying a list idea from my most recent Corregidor game, but ported to StarCo. It's janky but serviceable. I think it needs some more tweaking (and a better pilot!). Both of us made some pretty glaring mistakes both in play and rules this game, but it's still usable as a cautionary tale of the dangers of overextending.

Too Close for Missiles
    Mission: Annihilation
    Forces: StarCo, Free Company of the Star versus @TheDiceAbide's Ikari Company (300)​

I'm going to be trying to hone in on a good double Bandit list for StarCo. There's so much complexity to this faction, it's so toolboxy so as to approach the toolboxyness of vanilla Nomads, but with the power of some truly frightening links. Have had to force myself away from them to play my other factions more than once!

8. WiseKensai

Warcor

Finally assembled my JSA, thanks to some prompting from our local meta and a new Painting League we're starting up this year. I gave them a go against @TheDiceAbide's Combined Army in two games of Recon+. Definitely plays very different than what I'm used to, and I'll have to think carefully about how I adapt to them as I proceed.

A New Challenger
    Game 1 - Shikami versus Raktorak
    Mission: Break Through
    Forces: JSA versus Combined Army (Recon+)​
    Game 2 - Yuriko Oda versus Corax Hasht
    Mission: Smash and Grab
    Forces: JSA versus Combined Army (Recon+)​

You'll be seeing more JSA from me in the future as I get used to them. Thanks for stopping by!

volgo, Seneca and TheDiceAbide like this.
  9. WiseKensai

Warcor

More JSA action, against @zagdag's Tohaa. We practiced Unmasked for an upcoming tournament in September. Sukeul continue to be gross. That Lieutenant FO profile has all the things, especially if you give it SymbioBombs!

In My T-16 Back Home
    Mission: Unmasked
    Forces: Japanese Secessionist Army versus Tohaa (300)​

Yuriko Oda is just a champ, as are Kempetai! Will have to find a way to work Domaru into the Keisotsu link soon.

volgo likes this.
  10. WiseKensai

Warcor

Trying out the Oniwaban, Yojimbo, and the Domaru for the first time in preparation for September's tournament. First ITS10 game too!

Domaru Cleanup Crew
    Mission: Acquistion (ITS 10)
    Forces: Japanese Sectorial Army versus PanOceania (300)​

Thanks to @xammy for a great game!

xammy likes this.
  11. WiseKensai

Warcor

Got some more paint on my JSA, so I leapt at the chance to play some Recon+ Exfiltrate with them. For those of you who haven't played it, it's basically Rescue + Unmasking at 150 points, limited insertion. Quite difficult. Hope you enjoy the game!

Yuriko, Bane of Caledonia
    Mission: Exfiltrate (Recon+)
    Forces: Japanese Secession Army versus Caledonian Highlander Army (Recon+)​

volgo likes this.
  12. WiseKensai

Warcor

Back to JSA for a bit, while @TheDiceAbide goes back to his Druze.

Druze Debt Collection
    Mission: Quadrant Control
    Forces: Japanese Secessionist Army versus Druze Beyram Security (300)​

Gonna stick with some weird 10 order JSA lists for a bit, see how it goes. Been really enjoying the low order count and the beefier units.

volgo likes this.
  13. WiseKensai

Warcor

@zagdag has made a truly impressive rooftop table, which has a lot of character. He asked @natetehaggresar and I to do a beta test for him, which we used as an excuse to practice Frostbyte for an upcoming showdown tournament.

Rooftop Table Beta Test
    Mission: Frostbyte
    Forces: Japanese Secessionist Army versus Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska (300)​

Thanks to both of them for a great game! Fair warning, you'll probably see this table at @TheDiceAbide's Rose City Raid in 2019, so be ready!

volgo likes this.
  14. WiseKensai

Warcor

Here's four games at a recent charity tournament for a local women's shelter. We raised some money and supplies for the shelter and got in a bunch of custom scenario games, designed by Raindog of Ordo Fanaticus.

Raindog's Rampage 2018 Tournament Report

I played two randomly generated JSA lists at 200 points with a12-point spec ops, which was a pretty fun experience. I'm now in love with Karakuri heavy shotguns. Hope you enjoy!

volgo likes this.
  15. WiseKensai

Warcor

Had a practice game of Engineering Deck versus one of our locals. We spent awhile talking about his deployment, and then played out the game from there. I talk a bit about odds in this game, and it's also my first time putting Ikari on the table, so there's that!

Ikari Pincer Movement

Mission: Engineering Deck
    Forces: Ikari Company versus Calendonian Highlander Army (300)​

I really like Ikari, they are pretty beefy and have a decent amount of tactical flexibility. They have some weaknesses, but face punching is NOT one of them. Hope you enjoy!

volgo likes this.
  16. WiseKensai

Warcor

Some more Ikari, the time The Armory. I think I got in my own way this game, so I talk a little more about decision making and odds than usual this game.

Failure of Command
    Mission: The Armory
    Forces: Ikari Company versus Invincible Army (300)​

Ikari continues to impress! If only I lived up to the potential of the army.

Chaserabinov and volgo like this.
  17. WiseKensai

Warcor

Last game, I had a bad plan, and it went to pieces. This game, I come up with a sane plan and stick to it.

When a Plan Comes Together
    Mission: Hunting Party
    Forces: Ikari Company versus Shock Army of Acontecimento​

There's also a Infinity puzzle in this one, much like the old Inquest magazine MtG puzzles of old. Calling all PanO players, any advice for @Zelaponeepus in Turn 2?

zapp and volgo like this.
  18. WiseKensai

Warcor

Messing with the list from the last game... not a lot of room for error, but I'm gonna dial it in slowly.

Low Pressure
    Mission: Hunting Party
    Forces: Ikari Company versus Morat Aggression Force​

@TheDiceAbide does a great job of piloting his Morats though. Clean game, and the new Sogorat Full Auto is a huge pain.

19. WiseKensai

Warcor

Played my first game against VIRD last Thursday. Helots are quite effective at exerting board control. It's not all that difficult to kill them if you can stack mods or out range them, but the VIRD player can generally dictate the terms of the engagement. Currently, I think that limited camo is more generally useful and consistently good versus Decoy, but 1 game is far too little to form a solid opinion.

Helots in the House
    Mission: The Armory
    Forces: Ikari Company versus Varuna Immediate Reaction Division (300)​

Had to rush the batrep a little this time, because I didn't want to go into a tournament with batrep backlog hanging over my head. Hopefully it is still useful. Thanks to @xammy for the game.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation