1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I think it'll be technically possible, but probably not with the points free to actually field HMGs etc in order to make it effective.

One of those builds which can use all the points, OR all the SWC, but not both (and still hit 10 troopers).

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Depends greatly on how much the cost of a Shang Ji changes, and if all Shang Ji profiles get TacSense.

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 42)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant (AutomediKit) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1 | 39)
    [​IMG] WÚ MÍNG MULTI Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 290 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Wu Ming is standing in for the LT2 model, the Zuyong Automedikit HMG is standing in for the Zuyong NCO character.

3. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I’ve heard rumors that books may be starting to ship. Do we think army is getting updated this week?

4. SpectralOwl

Koni has stated that they will update Army between the 26th and December.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Well-Known Member

The only good thing about this is Spain is 7 hours ahead of me...

I really hate waiting...

-Ghost- likes this.
  6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I am not at all confident that all the Shang Ji options are going to have Tactical Sense.

But, allowing for that, it fits better than I thought it would, so even if they don't something similar to this might just work.

Warhydra likes this.
  7. Section9

I'm not very confident that Shang Ji will get TacSense on all profiles, either. I think 16 orders in a single combat group is going to be on the ragged edge of game-breaking.

But it could be done, as that list shows.

8. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Considering how tactical sense and NCO seems to work in fireteams, i wonder if we're gonna see a change to the lieutenant order as well and let it be used without breaking the link...

#1188 Sedral, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Henshini likes this.
  9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I mean, we are assuming there isn't a price hike on the Shangji gaining TacSense. Point costs for IA are largely unknown at this point outside of the basic stuff like the supports.

10. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I feel like that's pretty likely, espescially if NCOs can se the Lt order on their links.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Changing the LT order would change quite a bit, though. I know I have often iffed and hummed about who the LT would be in Sectorials specifically due to them being banned from using the LT order, and it's that one benefit a strong solo model like a TAG has over linked LTs.

What I'm saying is I hope that change doesn't happen.

12. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

If you want to spend the LT order on a fireteam, you should be running a Strategos LT.

Feature creep under base rules is how we got the SMG situation.

AdmiralJCJF, Maksimas and Kallas like this.
  13. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

If NCO lets you use the Lt order on a team the NCO is in, it would be incredibly bizare if the Lt couldn't do this. On top of that, not every list has strategos available to it, and even then some instances of it are not great, like sun tze. I think this could help the game by making many other lt options viable. Think of the crane and hsien Lts in ISS. Imagine how much better it will feel to not "waste" their Lt orders in a fireteam.

14. banthafodder

That's the entire point of Strategos 1 on Hector and Kornak.

I'm fine with it being limited. The Crane and Hsien usually aren't starved for orders. I don't think the Crusade Death Star needs more efficiency.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Don't forget that NCO let you use the Lt order without actually exposing your lieutenant, kinda like a reverse chain of command, which is huge. As for hector and Kornak, strategos 1 would still allow you to use the order outside of the link.

A TAG Lt can always benefit from an additional order, though i agree it's probably less efficient than using it to activate a 5-man team once a turn.

It's just that i'm always slightly disapointed everytime i want to run a crane/hsien Lt in a fireteam and/or a pheasant+Bao haris, but realize that dishing the pheasant and let a celestial hiding on a rooftop be in charge would be the best decision since i won't use the Lt order anyway (unless i'm willing to pay a command token that is).

Mahtamori and SpectralOwl like this.
  16. SpectralOwl

An added note, using LT 2 will almost certainly expose the LT's identity, but effectively adds a fifth of a Combat Group's order capacity to your NCO. An NCO with a LT 2 profile could be hilarious, since your opponent would have no real way of figuring out if the backline officer or the NCO was actually in charge.

Another thought I had was that Tai Sheng may be an upgraded Hacker in the vein of DeFersen or a Doctor, since those are capabilities that the Zuyong and Wildcards lack and would be very helpful in shoring up IA's primary weaknesses, especially with the NCO rule. That or she's toting a MULTI HMG or something else with nonsense firepower, IA's core link seems capable of scoring a 10 in Highly Classified by itself given what we already know.

17. Section9

Not sure how expensive TacSense is, but that's why I left 10 points unspent and went with the most expensive models in a unit for the NCO and LT2 options.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. banthafodder

The Suryat profile that had tac sense was i believe 3 points more than the base.

Mruczyslaw likes this.
  19. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yup.
    Which is fair for another order that doesnt break link on strong profile that likes orders.

Its like he has little warcor inside;P

Furiat and Deltervees like this.
  20. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Loving that this postmortem thread is at 1200 posts and 60 pages before they're even out with only the Zencha the shooting star and a bit of the mowang. Is it about time we had a summary about what's expected yet?

Solar, Chaserabinov, Benkei and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation