1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in the age of 3rd Offensive

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Oct 16, 2018.

1. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Haqq has gotten wonderful model updates this year. We have been given some under the radar love. I personally love the oda spitfire re-sculpt and other re-sculpts (except squaty potty Asawira...not a fan). I am still very excited to see what Ramah brings. I doubt at this time 3rd Offensive will have anything for us, but that was expected.

2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Oh, I'm impatiently waiting for that mini!

While Third Offensive doesn't offer me anything (don't like the fish model, and I usually don't play Vanilla); I will buy the book when it makes the general release.

Concerning Haqqislam's situation, any tweak and addition is welcomed, but I still have lots of fun with just my QK Sectorial.

My only complain is that I never used Jammers on my opponents and now everyone wants to use Jammers on me. I'm a victim of indiscriminate Jammer Retribution.

theGricks, Errhile, Xeurian and 2 others like this.
  3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Because we are mature, and understand the concept and value of delayed gratification, we of course deserve, and receive, nice things. Hakims are not random. They are part of the RTF releases. We'll see more of those next year. Going to be a fine and fun faction.

I do hope that the new Oda spitfire is an 'easy to assemble' mini. Who remembers the original Odalisque? This new one should scale nicely with the boxed set Oda's. They are reasonably sized.

The render, shown above, and the Oda is supposedly a December release. Maybe the Odalisques will be in the RTF.

Jonno and theGricks like this.
  4. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

I do wonder about that. So far Haqqislam doesn't share troops between its sectorials other than the Ghilim, remotes and engineer.
    That said, considering RTF's theme seems to be super soldiers and the elite of Haqqislam, I could see units like the Odalisques and Djanbazan appearing there. Especially now that Qapu Khalqi's fireteams and mercenaries gimmick is being done by the non-aligned armies and other faction's modern sectorials. On the other hand I expect QK to get some up to date sculpts like that Odalisque.

In the mean time I'm still having a lot of fun and success with Haqqislam and its sectorials and I'm really looking forward to next year.
    I love the design of the Khawarij and Zhayedans, so I'd love to see them shine more in Rama.

theGricks likes this.
  5. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

What if RTF gets Odas and Djans with some juicy upgraded loadouts? Looking at recent releases with Sectorial specific loadouts, I can see that happening now.
    On the other hand, I would very much like that RTF gets its own stuff.

By the way, have you seen the latest article about Paradiso?
    https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/articles/item/585-paradiso-the-enchanted-planet
    There is a map with the frontline of the Third Offensive and it looks like, that we are loosing a lot of territory.

6. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Indeed, a lot of Haqq holdings on Paradiso are getting swallowed by CA. Also, al-Hadyie seems to be far too close ot the frontline now, and this means its orbital elevator (and IIRC it is the sole such installation on Paradiso) is going to be directly endangered.
    Not looking good...

As for the rest, @emperorsaistone - I doubt we get any more loadouts for Djan and Odalisques. Perhaps - just perhaps - Odalisques might get a Specilalist, but still - Hafza FO covers that for them. Djanbazan are very well-equipped for their role, I think.

However, there is one more thing about Odalisque Spitfire you might want to consider: she's going to replace the old sculpt that is available in the QK Starter. I suppose this will mean the QK starter is going to be retired - and likely resculpted - in the forseeable future. After all, the Djanbazan might or might not get a Sniper resculpt (as the Marksman from the Djan box makes a pretty obvious stand-in), and the al-Hawwa are available as double blister. Which leaves Hafzas as lacking an alternative, and still missing their HRL sculpt, a loadout they gained in N3. I guess a trio of Hafza resculpts would be making a pretty interesting core for the new QK starter.

Now, we have been told the Spitfire Odalisque comes soon, but have we been told whether is she going to be a solo release, or maybe there is a possiblity for her being actually an element of a resculpted QK starter? CB might be keeping it under wraps, actually...

7. theGricks

This was an assumption from me as well, we could see a QK starter re-sculpt early January perhaps, also containing a re-sculpted Janissary rifle for all the rifle profiles in the modern armor.

8. Errhile

Indeed.
    Seems the Odalisque Spitfire is going solo, at least for now (as per current speculation thread).

Xeurian likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Probably a bad idea, but:
    If patience isn't your virtue, but prowess with crafting tools is, you can try to get new Deva and use as an alternative Oda model. Granted, it will require quite some work to get rid of obvious functional augmentations and hexagon pattern that is pretty alien to Haqq design.

HardDisk likes this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd quite like to see a new Counter-Intelligence troop for Hassassins, if we are wish-listing.

Honestly what I'd love to see is a rework of the Lasiqs into a broader role, with a bit more oomph. They are a classic and iconic unit after all!

11. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

While I am pretty sure 3rd Offensive will be disappointing to every faction I run, my wishlist is that CB attempts to bring some stuff into late stage N3.
    I really want the Maggie to join the TAGs that getting make overs into something other than big HI. A rewrite of Advanced ECM to give a bonus that you will actually use. Or a new load out either dropping the HF or the HPs. Something that makes my opponent say something other that "oh you brought a Maggie, that is cool" before they paste it with 20pt model. I just find "but its cheap!" to be a really lukewarm design idea.
    Maybe shed that 0.5 SWC on the Hakims. The unit is not nearly good enough to merit that nor is it unique enough for it either.
    Make Azra'il Great Again?
    If you can make a cheaper Hospitallers Knight you can definitely make the Janissary either much cheaper or much better because where I am standing Janissaries now are completely outclassed for more points.

The problem 3rd Offensive I see coming is that if it isn't good to every faction then we will see the game start to "40k" in that the popular/new factions will start to break away in power. I started in flirting with Infinity in early N3 and it always seemed like despite faction, everyone had units that did almost the same stuff for almost the same points. If you start pulling away from the everyman LI, MI, HI and TAG but do it unevenly problems will arise.

So lets hope CB is generous to everybody and begins the rapid overhaul of every faction/sectorial throughout the year so that we all can enjoy the emerging new design philosophy.

12. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

*titter*

theGricks likes this.
  13. theGricks

Even with the new sectorials and units, were simply seeing a redistribution of new rules and already available equipment (jammers for example) Tunguska came out with all new rules, and brand new unit ideas and they are falling right in line power level with everyone else. I am not too concerned with the books hitting only a few factions. The only downside is that factions get new toys that while not more powerful than others, are something new and fun. I think the issue would mostly fall under "I want to play something cool like that too" rather than "that is so much better than this..."

See Zondnautica. Really cool unit, not any more powerful than anything else.

14. PreacherSaul

PreacherSaul Active Member

It would be quite cool for Hafza to get NCO....

15. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Also Strategos 1 and Advanced Command. Separate profiles of course. The FTO thing just to standardize terms.

Also to actually demonstrate their fluff of leadership

16. emperorsaistone

Just Advanced Command would be be so freaking good. Cant have enough CTs in Haqq.

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Haqqislam has great morale and CaC, so more stuff with NCO, Lt2, CoC, Veteran L1 etc would be welcome and thematic! Probably on more expensive, elite troops mind.

18. emperorsaistone

Imho we are already good in the Veteran L1 department, with Zhayedan, Fasid and Govads. CoC...probably wouldnt hurt for RTF, but you could play around with Vets.

Lt2 I would like to see, but it seems, that Haqqs design doesnt allow heavy Lts, because with the exeption of Tarik we do not have a resilient Lt with a heavy weapon. Not that its impossible we get one, but I fear its unlikely.

NCO is a skill that I can definitely see in Haqq a lot, especially with the Hassassins. Would help them a lot to get that extra regular order and doesnt step on Saladins toes in Vanilla.

And since we (or I) are talking about Saladin...I really would like a V2 for him. Or just a profile that does make sense to not be the Lt. I could see a CoC profile for him, because he could very well be just an advisor for a mission, but take over if the need arises.
    Another use I could see for him, is to give him Advanced Command and Lt2 instead of Strategos and give NCO to some profiles in Haqq that can make use out of it, but which are rarely taken, because there are just better profiles. Asawira Ap/Lsg would be a prime candidate, but there is certainly more.

19. Errhile

We've been discussing with @Stiopa the possibilities for extra order skills in Hassassin Bahram a few weeks ago. NCO, Tactical Sense, Lt2...
    The thing is - there are few troops fitting.

I mean - make an Ayyar have an extra Order? Ayyar is very good already.
    Give it to Asawira? With Frenzy and NCO / Lt / Tactical Sense, we're getting 3 Orders on him alone. Lt2 makes it 4 orders. Which is too much IMO.
    Govads? Doesn't make much sense.
    Muyibs? They're already very, very good.
    Lasiq? Doesn't make any sense.

I'm afraid Hassassin Bahram needs an in-depth overhaul (not unlike MO) before we could start adding those skills to them.

20. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

They could keep Saladin out of RTF and add a new cool hero. Let Saladin be a heroic figure to all of Haqq's forces.

Also if R in RTF is going to be Ramah I want to see some damn Mamluks. Move over Mototessa Knight, Mamluks are coming through.

theGricks and Xeurian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation