1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiled info on spanish podcast ORA Crítika

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

While I appreciate the exemption from idiocy, I certainly haven't made my peace with Uprising. It was awful and terribly mismanaged; CB have yet to rectify their shitty decision, although that may be where IA can actually help patch up their appearance.

And while I can understand that the "circlejerk" is annoying for some, it's not the only one. You said before that mindless positivity is just as bad, and that's where some of this entrenched arguing has stemmed from: there are some who would have everyone only talk about how things are totally fine and that it's all sunshine and rainbow farts, when it's clearly not (for various possible reasons). That entrenchment is what has led to a very partisan subforum, which is why I applaud those who have been using actual testing to back up their arguments (which I will freely admit that I have not).

IA has some information about NCO, LT2 and Tactical Sense which should help. For MO, I'm not sure as I haven't actually had much more than a brief glance over at the positivity there; but from some of the comments about new/modified units, and some of the changes on Army MO definitely seems viable, if in a different way to IA.

Well, I was supporting that same point earlier. We do get Tinbot Bs (and at least one on a Wildcard, unless the Shang Ji changes massively) and Fairy Dust/Kaleidoscope/Reboot for some good mod/BTS stacking, but our active Hacking defence (ie, KHDs) seems to be pretty limited. Our REM Repeaters and the Hac Tao are currently the main way to establish a Hacking net, and that's pretty flimsy (what with REMs being pretty flimsy!)

So we'll see, once we have more of a picture, but that's definitely something I'm concerned about, if mildly allayed.

I mean, on the one hand Teslarod did call the 'fanboy' attack; on the other Triumph is right about the outright aggression...

This isn't exactly helping anything, Triumph. It's pretty much the opposite, as you're just continuing the stirring of the partisan pot with this kind of statement.

You're not necessarily wrong that people made good points about what could have been done (and 8 months ago, at that); but that tone, man, come on.

Shiwen, Benkei, Eranziel and 2 others like this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

@Kallas see now we're having a discussion and we're getting somewhere.

If @Koni and @psychoticstorm can be convinced to put in a little extra effort and not just shut this down as per @ijw 's request with a few lines of red text, we could actually get something done on this forum for once.

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Dude, if @Teslarod or anyone else comes in here looking to start a fight then that's what we're doing.

4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

As you can see straight up hostility is the first line of diplomacy for the people I mentioned earlier. I'm kind of too tired and bored of their arguments to deal with them at eye level. They tend to be on the predictable side and the good points they actually do have disappear in the blur of unreasonable demans, wild opinions and straight out false claims that dillute the individual good point.
    So that part is undoubtedly on me as well, as I can't be arsed to take them serious anymore.

Then again, you noticed and mentioned the fanboy part.... and our current example for what I think is unreasonable straight up missed the hint and walked straight up into the very obvious trap anyway. Make of that what you will.

Yeah we're on the same page there. IA is missing a lot of pieces in the puzzle. Both of the new troops aren't exactly amazing, but they're solid B- at worst and good enough to run simply for lack of competition if nothing else.
    Thing is the one tinbot guy is still Hacking food as he can only sit there and take it (although at worse than usual odds). Having for example Tigers around to provide an unhackable attack piece would have been very nice as a way to circumvent the problem the same way literally everyone else can do it. Since Tigers are not in IA and there doesn't seem to be unhackable HI in IA that leaves a rather big questionmark.
    Bringing a Hac Tao for KHD duty can't be the solution.

-Ghost- likes this.
  5. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

You could still be less abrasive about it :thinking_face:

That is basically the crux of my concern about IA Hacking vulnerability. We were always going to have that baked into the vast majority of the list, of course, but that kind of came with the expectation that we'd have good Hacking defence (otherwise the list just couldn't operate vs even a token Hacking presence).

Tigers not being present is actually a double kick in the nuts because, as you said, they'd be a good foil for the HI running around by being non-Hackable; and they were in IA by CBs own dossier until about a week ago, urgh! Maybe if our not-HI were unhackable, that'd be something, then at least we'd just be using Ariadnan HI instead of Ariadnan HI -1 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Honestly, I don't see much we can process about the Hacking/counter Hacking capabilities of IA until we see the full roster. There are too many potential solutions and no hints at their presence; we could go in circles talking about KHDs or high BTS/Tinbot combinations, but if those aren't present then that's just setting ourselves up for failure.

Hopefully CB will see that IA needs to be capable of countering Hackers actively and not just passively hoping that BTS/Mods will do the job (particularly when our units can just get crit-Hacked into literal Isolation).

ambisinister, -Ghost- and Teslarod like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

If you come in here and call people a "fucking disgrace" we're well of past the point of having a discussion and just straight into open hostilities. The response, as far as I'm concerned, was deserved.

#46 Triumph, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  7. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

You took it too far, man. They're not toys!

Zewrath, Section9, Teslarod and 4 others like this.
  8. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

@Kallas Thanks for being a calming presence.

It is easy forget that these toys easily demand payment in blood.

Kallas and -Ghost- like this.
  9. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Wow, this turned ugly fast.

The glass is more than half full. New things are coming. Please everybody attempt a Reset ARO and let's get this forum back to constructive discussion about a faction we all love playing in a great game.

10. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Yours or your enemy's!

11. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Fact 1: CB did poor choice, presenting not real HI infiltrator and explode lvl X jumper in videos.
    Fact 2: CB did great work in Varuna/MO video, presenting great intereresting pofiles.
    Fact 3: If CB presented different IA profiles first (like Mowang, damn) it would be better for this forum subsection and YJ players morale.

BUT

Fact 4: As Mowang was shown later, it has really good profile. And hate that IA got isnt justified, as there are more of good units in this army. CB just sold IA poorly in video. Even guy taling with Bostria about IA news in IA video was like 'meh, whatever', while in PanO video he was like 'WOAH, AWESOME'.

Lets really wait those 2 weeks for full army and rules. I dont know (and I know more as warcor) if IA would be competetive. But YJ with IA toys will be much stronger for sure. Things we dont know, most of us dont know are/may be simply awesome.

Lest just wait.

And yes, after IA video I also was like 'really? meeeeh CB'

12. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Then what, adult toys? (Pun intended)

-Ghost- likes this.
  13. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

What happens on the table stays on the table.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

While you are absolutely correct, it would be hilarious if you can make a viable 16-order IA list. As I posted elsewhere, you're looking at a Core team with 4x TacSense Shang Ji Wildcards and the Zuyong character, plus whoever has LT2 operating solo, and 4x cheap REMs.

I think it's actually the release schedule, CB can only afford so much new stuff every month. I will point out that they have been releasing 5-6 new things every month for 12 years now. That's a LOT of stuff!

The big problem with KHDs right now is that the only known profile is the Hac Tao KHD, at 67pts. That's just flat too expensive to be a required part of every list. IA really needs a cheaper KHD in order to be competitive.

Limited Insertion lists always struggle with DZ defense, and IA seems to be built around a single combat group.

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

Maksimas, Kallas and -Ghost- like this.
  15. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

It's not like they've been stingy about giving YJ KHD in the past (unlike say CA, which had to wait quite a while for theirs), I think chances are good there will be another KHD user.

Hecaton likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Ehh... There's 8 factions plus NA2, so 9. For KHD there's 4 that have and 5 that haven't and Yu Jing is absolutely in the latter group with barely more KHD than CA. There's not a lot of KHDs, it's just incredibly symptomatic for the game right now that profiles with KHD are very popular.

Zewrath, toadchild and Section9 like this.
  17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Going to point out that right now, IA has a single known KHD. The Hac Tao, at 67pts. And the KHD profile is usually competing for AVA with a TO HMG or TO ML.

YJ has two more, Kanren and Ninja, and neither are in IA. Also, they're both exactly 29pts, so are essentially interchangeable.

I'm really hoping we get something like a Haidao or Daoying KHD, something sub-40pts, that can be up in the midfield.

18. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

We havent had a major release since HSN3, that is why we are falling behind on the KHD count. But back in HSN3 we had as many KHD as Aleph. and was only beaten by Nomad and Haqq.
    Now that we are finally getting another major release and, like you said, KHD is pretty prolific these days, I think the odds of us getting more KHD is pretty good.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There's more to it than just having the KHD, it's having the stuff to make KHD work.

Without knowing what exactly is being done to Shang-Ji and Zuyong (do they get to keep the AHD?) I'd rather have a Pitcher somewhere in IA than a KHD. A Tinbotted AHD works well enough through your own repeater that a KHD isn't of utmost importance.

Kallas likes this.
  20. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Well, i took a look and was a bit shocked about the lack of KHDs in the Game. I was under the asumption, that they are on every corner but after a quick look: PanO has only one (Hexa) Aleph with Skylla, Naga, Dasyu and the New Apsara just got their fourth. Nomad of corse have enough KHDs to cover three other Armys (6).

I think the problem is like mentioned the pricetag: Kanren and Ninja are the same and in the midfield, HacTao very expensive.
    A cheap WB KHD would be nice, like cyber kuang shi :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation