1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Fair enough. I've never used Wu Ming in ISS (never wanted to get the models and preferred to limit my proxying where possible), so that's a fair point about that kind of layered defence.

As for HD/EVO: it's mostly because EVO is AVA1 in IA and a unit can only have one Supportware up. Although that may just be the cobwebs clouding my judgement/memory somewhat as to whether that's necessary! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

EVO are AVA 2. Although I don't see someone taking two EVO lol.

-Ghost- and Kallas like this.
  3. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

They are? *checks like he should have done before* They are!

Never mind me then :upside_down_face:

4. SpectralOwl

I just remembered that the Yan Huo Neurocinetics Twin Missile Launcher doesn't have Neurocinetics. He has a Tinbot E. Depending on which Yan Huo profiles are FTO, we may have a new contender for silliest fireteam.

5. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Tinbots don't all apply to the entire fireteam, only deflector tinbots do.

ijw, nazroth and SpectralOwl like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I am officially interested in some of those link teams. Yan Huo Haris for under 100pts, this is interesting.

We still don't have a good answer for how this army deals with hacking though.

7. SpectralOwl

I have checked and this is completely accurate, which begs the question " why not just give him Neurocinetics"?
    Nevertheless, two YHNTMLs in a Haris would be very upsetting for anyone trying to contest their lane.

8. SpectralOwl

Apologies for double post, just figured out why Tinbots exist- they're Comms Equipment. AHDs and HDs just became scarier then KHDs to IA links, they can Blackout the Deflector Tinbot. Fortunately, as they are disposable I think they can be refilled at the link's baggage bot, but it's definitely worth remembering.

9. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

They ll still have to win a ftf againt the guy carrying the Tinbot at -6. If you have an AHD u might as well use Oblivion.
    Tinbot is state marker, it cant be shot or hacked.
    Besides the Haidao engineer can just get rid off disabled.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#1129 Warhydra, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very much this.

When I started playing Infinity, I had a lot of disposable income (hence why I have 10 freaking Yaokongs, enough to fill full AVAs of everything). I don't have that disposable income anymore, so I have to carefully decide where I'm throwing money (and have multiple expensive hobbies competing for limited funds).

I'm going to disagree with that, simply because the first spoiled profiles (Liu Xing and Zhencha) were rather severely uninspiring and not exciting.

That's the exact opposite of what the reveals for PanO have been.

FFS, I'm actually excited by the idea of playing MO and Varuna, and I hate PanO!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Huzzah! HI(ish, I'm expecting them to be 1W+NWI) Engineers. Hopefully they're strong enough to also MedEvac other HI (ie, PH14). Still somewhat surprised no mention of HI doctors, but Paramedics are OK with high PH troops.

@Bostria , @Koni , @Interruptor , you really should have lead with the Mowang and Haidao as the leaked units instead of the Liu Xing and Zhencha.

11. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

It's a matter of taste, absolutely! I'm also talking of the fireteam options, the details of which are even more interesting. And the Mowang with NCO as a cqc gun platform is looking pretty tasty.

Maybe they're saving the really tempting stuff for when pre orders are up, to catch people's wallets unawares...

Kallas likes this.
  12. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

This is what's making me happy. Assuming they don't fuck up the Shang Ji redesign or the Mowang/Haidao/Daoying profiles/costs, the Sectorial should be pretty cool to run with a lot of variety in how the Fireteams operate. NCO/LT2/TacSense should be good for giving us the orders we need to run effectively.

I'm hopefully, if suspicious :wink:

13. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Man that explode is super dissapointing

Kallas likes this.
  14. Ephrilune

Ephrilune Well-Known Member

The Fireteam options sound very interesting and I like that the character will be female, hope she gets a nice sculpt.
    As to why they showed Zencha and Liu Xing first, I guess they are in the Starter box, probably together with 3 Zuyong(Combi) and either a Shang Ji or the Zhanshi LGL.

nazroth likes this.
  15. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Oh my, has anybody really planned to spend ones' 40pt investment by dropping it as a standard tactic?

It's HI with AD L2, able to use gumbastomp on rare occasion too. Good enough, tmm :)

A Mão Esquerda and Sedral like this.
  16. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

AS A MATTER OF FACT indeed I have. Because not needing to fit a template inside your landing zone and dropping down on 15s are decent enough odds for gaining a better entrypoint onto the table than you might get by simply walking in from the edge.

Didn't plan on being an italian waterwork repairman HI as a standard tactic though.

mittenninja likes this.
  17. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

[​IMG]

18. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

That's why explode should have been more than dam12 normal, to get people to take that risk more often.

19. 0rph3u5

0rph3u5 TAG, you're it! :3

I mean, yeah I haven't dropped him on people before. In the couple games I houseruled him, I never managed to blast somebody with the template, but I've stated that I friggin' love him because he's a 2W HI in your opponent's backline. He's tanked crits, taken wounds, and still soaked a stupid amount of orders for my regular opponent to get rid of him. I love him already, but I'm just saying it's a bit of a shame to pay a few points for explode lvl X and not use it. I'll live with it and use him because, again, he's got 2W and multi weapons, but just saying it's a tad disappointing.

Kallas likes this.
  20. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Have You ever tried to drop Garuda in enemies DZ? Repeater net? And im asking 22 pts model

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation