1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vague idea what we'll get from Hulongs and Mowangs?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Pitcher or FastPanda would be great, and desperately needed. I doubt we'll get it.

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I do enjoy how the forum identifies clear weaknesses in sectorials build ups and then hope they get plugged.

I very much doubt IA will get a competent, cheap, potentially linkable KHD. I mean c'mon guys.

More likely it will be hd or ahd, which actually might work alright within tinbot links. Hacking will be a clear weakness.

3. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Maybe Shang Ji will have KHD, similar to how Santiagos have KHD.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'd buy into that, except Pan-O gets just that for their HI sectorial. If Pan-O's getting it and Yu Jing are supposed to be the HI faction, then they sure as shit should be getting it too.

ambisinister and Section9 like this.
  5. SpectralOwl

PanO only has Tinbot A as far as I am aware, and MO is missing all the bonus orders IA will be getting from Tactical Sense and command. They're going to hate E/M and Hacking even more then IA will. Joan, Stealth and the Santiago KHD will certainly help them out but it brings them towards competence, not excellence. I'd be happy if IA got a linked KHD but could take it or leave it- the Hac Tao will more then suffice if I really need a hacker fried, and I honestly don't feel like every list absolutely needs a Killer Hacker, as some here on the forum seem to.

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I don't know how MO is gonna hate hacking more than IA with that Santiago in every link. It's more like hackers are gonna hate MO.

7. Alphz

That's 40+ points and can't link with tinbot as easily?

The wishlist has included around 30 pts, maybe MI etc

If you tried looking at things holistically you might not have so many people disagreeing with you.

mittenninja and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Alphz

The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

Armies are full of hackers but at the same time hackers are trash because killer hackers are so good. But every army needs killer hackers because there's so many hackers and nothing can counter them except killer hackers.

It hurts my head.

9. SpectralOwl

The Liu Xing has a Killer Hacking Device, assuming that is just the usual fancy, over-long military terminology for "Sword". Jokes aside, if the Hulang does turn out to be a biker it will probably be sent on suicide runs to shoot hackers before they can do anything to immobilise it. Failing that, a Zhencha could get to hackers slowly but reliably, while the Liu Xing would be a high-risk-high reward choice.

The panic over affordable KHDs is because, with repeaters, they are a reliable option for killing enemies with little risk and few orders. A lot of people seem to hate being forced into situations where they need to take risks, and a different camp hate burning orders. Both are happy with KHDs, and see it as a disadvantage if they have to rely on alternatives while their opponent still has access to KHDs. I could be wrong with that analysis, but it's the best read I can get on the attitudes here.

10. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

I'm sad I can only like this once.

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Admire your mature attitude at discussion, good bro. Nothing I can say until Hulangs appear, yet I doubt they will be a biker unit..

12. SpectralOwl

May I ask why? An assault bike would fill a hole as a fast attacker in a sectorial lacking Skirmishers, and would suit the Hulang Shocktroopers' powerful Tiger unit insignia well.

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Because YJ can't have nice things.

On a more serious note, I don't think bikes fit the IA leit motiv

On KHDs, I don't think anybody here is asking for KHD + repeaters to "play with no risks", we are asking for KHD as a defensive measure for a sectorial that is entirely hackable.

#173 Benkei, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  14. ObviousGray

IMO the bikers will suit more with White Banner, where the sectorial theme is already prepped as skirmishing, horseback-bandit outlaw army of Yu Jing (We heard about Shaolin links long before).

I think Hulangs are more like Marauding corps, hopefully gain a Limit Camo or so, and able to pop up MA uf able.

PS) I want EM grenades on IA. This will be fun.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  15. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Honestly, with where the Hulangs ( Not Hulongs aparently, according to the revealed army list. ) are placed in the roster image, behind the Guija and before the "Skirmishers" and REMs... and with only AVA 2... I'd faster expect a TAG than a biker. Mostly due to the AVA... I mean, that'd at least be the lowest AVA biker unit of any sectorial, characters notwithstanding? And being Shocktroopers, well... you would imagine a big metal giant barreling down on someone to be shocking too, no?
    Just guesswork here though, since it's a unit we knew nothing about before the army list image.

ObviousGray likes this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

They said Guijia was the only TAG

17. ObviousGray

Well, one can be hopeful; and frankly, the fun imagination is way better to read than crystallized salt.

18. SpectralOwl

From Wikipedia: Shock troops or assault troops are formations created to lead an attack. They are often better trained and equipped than other infantry, and expected to take heavy casualties even in successful operations.

Apparently shock troops are meant to punch through enemy defenses and attack the vulnerable rear. Could be anything from a Skirmisher with visual mods to a Full Auto guy to a superheavy smoke Warband.

Edit; a quick Google Translate apparently says Húláng means "confused" in Vietnamese. Appropriate, given the state of speculation about it.

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Sure, but that also means that we'd need to have access to regular hacking devices.

Not a single current or spoiled profile has a regular hacking device, aside from the oh-so-competent Zanshi.

You forgot, the new Santiago KHD also comes with a Tinbot A. Not super-cheap, at about 43|0.5 (assuming Santiago combi, +3pts for KHD and +1|0.5 for Tinbot A). But right there where you are putting a big chunk of your army to begin with.

So yes, I am really wanting some flavor of improved hacking defenses, on par with what MO got, and not requiring spending 67 freaking points on a Hac Tao KHD in every single list.

But I'm not going to expect one. Hopefully this way I will be pleasantly surprised when something shows up.

Benkei likes this.
  20. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

IMHO, I'm not sure we need a KHD : Link team with Shangi(TinbotB+TSens) + PANGGULING(repeater) + anything else(NCO Zuyong Character) must be able to cross the field by cleaning hackers without much difficulty...The wait for the Army update is going to be long...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation