1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thread : Liu xing!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I think it will follow the normal impact template rules. You need a normal target, but otherwise markers are open season.

Mines will trigger before you destroy them however. So thats off the table.

I think theres some real value in nuking the hacker (as opposed to the classic Lt hunt which your opponent might defend against). Cut off someones ability to provide supportware and hacking ability is pretty huge.

Most dangerous hackers are assualt hackers, who will be sitting in the midfield. Your opponent will have to think long and hard about revealing them for defensive hacking lest you then just hunt them down and open up the midfield for you HI bruisers.

A Mão Esquerda and ObviousGray like this.
  2. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Reason I'm unsure is that (I'm assuming) the circular (?) template is placed on landing, so would it follow the target rules? Is it likely to follow Explode L1 in that regard.

And, where was it confirmed to be Damage 12? Just from the Explode wiki (and with the usual caveats, I suppose):
    • Explode causes Damage 13 hits with Shock Special Ammunition.

3. Alphz

The ARO Critika podcast, @Sibelius might be able to answer your questions better on the actual rule.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think we'll need the full rules for that, bit of a specific wording will let us know either way (i.e. if it is a DTW attack then no, you cannot make it if you just hit a camo marker).

But it's still significant. And a lot of people put things like palbots, docs or paramedics next to their expensive Camo and TO Camo DZ ARO markers so they can heal them on that rooftop. You drop in to hit the palbot/whatever and oops! Oh dear! Or at least, you might, better make sure that you don't allow that to happen by putting plenty of distance between them, harder to fix but prevents that happening. Already, it's paying for itself.

5. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

Its a direct template weapon Dam 12 Normal ammo, for hitting camos or TO follows what is pretty much an especulative fire, if there is no valid target exept for the camo, it does not explode, the template its placed after the determined the final position of the troop, so everyone under the template either dodge and try to save the template or shoot back and get hit by the template

krossaks, Kallas, Solar and 5 others like this.
  6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

K.. Finally the shitstorm is passed.

Two opppnents I find valuable throwing out Liu Xing; Ariadna and Tohaa. I would like to have an appointment of buttbomb on Mr. Boronin, or that sonofartichoke Nikoul.

krossaks, nazroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

The puppetmaster or obvious interventor lt also juicy targets

8. ObviousGray

Still Nomads hold HD, HD+, EVO HD for hacking combat jump. I see almost every list containing the candidates.. I know, Puppet master goomba would be awesome, but that requires some luck, or good finnesse.

I gotta try how I can properly land this to Nomadian defense lines.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  9. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Anything with one wound is a viable target, and the guy is an ARO stomper, in paper at least.

I wanna try it out so badly, it doesn't help that my next tournament is scheduled for December the 8th (after the Army changes), it's Limited Insertion and one of the missions is Firefight...

10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Nomads, aleph and CA are where the highest potential for scatter kicks in, but if you can beat down some of these options with a ninja KHD in vanilla or hunt them with the zencha, you'll have an easier time. Or just drop right on them and cause all sorts of ARO problems for them because if you roll around an 8 or 9 your opponent basically needs to crit to stop you.

11. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Those who face repeater networks, I guess it's made up of flash bots and maybe one or two combat bots? So, the nut to crack is removing that network before landing? Given that this is a priority for the rest of your IA, it's worth gutting early, no? If anything, I guess the discussion should be focused on this as it's gonna be a problem whether or not you pack AD.

What tools do we know about to removing them? Flash bots set up to watch fire lanes won't last long to a Yan Huo brrrap, or linked HMGs, but they're not likely to be set up in ARO. So, how to get a shot?

Well, I guess there's a Zencha at range (and that has the mobility to start or get to vantage points covering overwatching flash pulses in camo, then (depending on the angle) it might find some favourable situation that gives it a decent shot, although it's a gamble. The Zencha benefits from being within 8, so it's not optimal.

There's always the option to Forward Observer for a son-bae hidden in the backfield, and also maybe hit a Classified. With a surprise shot, the bot will be on -6 MOD overall, compared with perhaps only a -3 MOD for Mimetism in return. Bit of a gamble, although decimating that network is our key aim here, so if it's order intensive that might be an investment we need to make. At B2, we have 75% chance of targeting anything with a -3 MOD.

There are still known unknowns, which may have new vectors - the shock troops might be maneouverable enough, or offer some other mechanic like limited camo, to get closer? Perhaps the Zuyong character has something up their sleeve?

Granted, there're tinbots and fairy dust to sprinkle, but that's a risky strategy for a HI intensive faction, which should be eliminating the threat, not just weathering it - although a Liu Xing with BTS 6 is maybe a tougher proposition for the higher burst AHD programs than is credited? And, if one gets landed in an area cleared of immediate repeater coverage, how much of a distraction carnifex will it be?

ObviousGray likes this.
  12. ObviousGray

Two things I'm sure about.

People grumbled when Zhencha arrived, but after some playout he found out to be pretty niche unit. You just need the right skills for using him.

I would roll him out, definitely. We got our new exploding fatboi, and he still moves after chewing a crit. Plus more mobility than beloved tiger; I see no negatives here.

Solar, A Mão Esquerda and Alphz like this.
  13. Alphz

Both units bring skills or combination of skills plus stats that are rare or so old most people don't remember them. So it makes perfect sense that attempts to predict how they work on the table will wildly vary and likely be off the mark.

Those of us being positive could be just as wrong about these units. But we could be wrong in a good way where the unit shines in a way we didn't think possible. Or they could suck, time will tell.

It's best to ignore the people trying too hard to find reasons to be upset though.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't see how that's mechanically elegant or intuitive. But then again, the game does have some weirder interactions...

Edit: just caught up on the other thread and it does seem lime it's a weird interaction. Shame, using Liu to clear mid-field skirmishers was my second hope for this skill.

#334 Mahtamori, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Anyway, i still don't know why the fuck CB keeps adding skills with the same name AND DIFFERENT RULES. Like, if Explode L1 is D13 Shock, why in all hells do you have to make Explode LX D12 Normal with different detonation rules?

Seriously, this game is bursting with unnecessary bloat.

16. ObviousGray

And thats where your skills start to work. Bringing the most out (so far) our new units.

Our older trio, Suji/Hac Tao/Daofei did not require advanced senses or skills; its dead simple, you just go shoot that thing and boom, you are winner. It's not a bad thing, but bad for improving your experiences about the game.

I like new units' intention; it makes you actually think about elements. Zhencha, for example, rewards with a massive toolkit IF you are able to predict, and outmaneuver the potential shockers. Much delicate than go-and-kill Mr. Dao.

And I think Liu Xing will, too.

Yeah, I would love having a buttlanding on Spetz HMG, but oh well.

17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very much so.

You mean the LI lists that have 2x 8pt repeaterbots as cheap orders?

Add one normal hacker and your entire DZ is covered in Hacking Area.

I played back when the Caskuda was a thing. Explode on landing was not a big deal then, and is not a big deal now. You spread out so that only one model would get hit. The problem with the Caskuda was the 3STR BS14 MultiHMG with N2 ranges (+0 from 0-8, and +3 from 8-32).

Oh, sure, there's greater risk for dropping in, but if you do land within 2" of that Puppetmaster, he's hating life. Even if the Liu Xing dies due to AROs, the Explosion should still go off and hopefully kill ~61pts of Tactical Puppets. That's a good trade up!

ObviousGray likes this.
  18. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Puppetmaster still can be healed. Dunno. I miss shock on this thing.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Doctors are even more uncommon and just as incompetent in Tunguska as they are in vanilla Yu Jing while not necessarily nearby in vanilla Nomads. Doctors just aren't the strength of the Nomads that can Puppetactica, and it's not unlikely that if dropping on the tactica is a suicide mission then the Doctor might be your approach vector instead... just have to go through more orders.

20. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

True:) Yes, its option. We will know when rules will be released.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation