1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thread : Liu xing!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I will playtest using the rule and get back to you guys once I do. Discussing the viability of the troop on an abstract way is not gonna help, IMO.

DMG 12 does sound pretty "meh", I know, but the variables for it's application are plenty: army composition, troops you're aiming to snipe, the aftermath with your BSG 2W guy, etc.

Don't be so quick to throw it in the bin. With the Zhencha I heard/read similar abstract complaints and, having tested the guy, I can say it's a really good unit. Shock Imkunity would've made it bonkers to deal with, so I actually agree with the balance CB applied to the trooper. Maybe Liu Xing are the same way, and a DMG 13 Shock template was broken on playtesting.

Hold your horses, proxy the guy and give it a go.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I was assuming that my opponent isn't retarded and once they're aware of how explode works, will position their shitkickers with their asses up against walls or prone behind scatter terrain so you can't pick them off like that.

Between repeater zones dominating deployment zones, and simply coordinating your vulnerable troops into suppressive fire the Liu Xing has absolutely no real viable way to attack them effectively.

3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Lol what a freaking shitshow of a skill. But hey, you maybe don't get shot when you land if you land on a probably risky spot to try and get any benefit of a one-shot shitty skill you pay for that's not even gimmicky; no, you just get shot to bits the turn after
    Yeah, please keep drinking the CB Kool-Aid, at this point the rest of the IA profiles will have to be SERIOUSLY awesome for me to get into this (spoiler: they are not gonna be)

And before the YJ whining acusation, Nomads gets cool Tunguska shit, PanO gets cool Varuna shit and an awesome MO rework, and we get a FUCKING DAM12 DODGEABLE TEMPLATE WE CAN MAYBE USE ONCE PER GAME. Yeah, fuck that a million times, thank you very much, and fuck you removing Tigers from IA so idiots getting into it have to buy into this piece of shit, I would take Tigers instead of this joke every single time.

MO looks a million times better and more exciting than "retarded HIs that are not actually HIs: the Sectorial"

#263 Benkei, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Kallas likes this.
  4. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

If you go first then no Supresion its active, if you go second and your rival needs to deploy acordingly and spend comand tokens and orders to defend from.somthing that may o may be there, hell only for the fear factor from the liu xing its worth it, also he can just enter from the side and start shooting on thr back of all that minis taht are facing away from the wall. Like I said its not the liu xing its the player imagination that is laking.

Also if you drop your only real enemies are the asault hacker devices, all the other have to face to face your drop or miss the ARO

5. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

6. Triumph

He can't shoot shit if your opponent isn't a spud and understands what a Liu Xing is and elevates his vulnerable models or positions his repeaters to prevent that approach from the board edge towards his backline. And forgive me for not being able to agree with you a skill is worth its points when you suddenly can't put it to work if you don't go first because your opponent will quite potentially kill you if you try to use.

I get that you feel you need to white knight CB because they gave you the inside scoop on your podcast, but please understand that some of us here aren't stupid enough to fall for your "podcast wisdoms" because we're able to figure out that this skill is actually dogshit when you put it on a costly HI platform.

Now if you made a Yuan Yuan cost 12pts and put this on him sign me the fuck up let's go allahu akbar all day long.

Not on a hackable 30+ model in an order starved elite army though, it's dogshit.

You know you've still got to move through these repeater zones in deployment areas after you land, right?

#266 Triumph, Nov 12, 2018
    Modock and gorin like this.
  7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

@Sibelius, congrats on the podcast, it's really good. Any chance you guys could make a thread with the news? I heard plenty of wildcards that I'm sure will convert some of the salt in this forums into sugar :)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Dam 12 dodgeable template = "the fear factor of the Liu Xing"

LoL. Just LoL.

When you play vs a linked GL what do you do? Concede the game out of sheer fear?

Kallas, Modock and Triumph like this.
  9. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

You will get my like, good bro.

Which requires set-up, but yes.

Sure I will! Finally we got our solid rules to play.

Gentlemen, I know we expected more. I expected 13 SHOCK, or at least Normal Dmg, 12 N damage is disappointing, TBH, but that doesn't make this guy a total bonkers.

I really think you guys can bring out some experimental runs. I will, for sure.

Frankly I was not that amused upon hearing the new units, but after running Zhencha guy and now grabbing a new unit to use, I now think Yu Jing's new units really shine on skilled players' hands.

Our golden trinity, Hac Tao / Su-Jian / Daofei did not require much skills to pull out their output.

They can't be a weak unit, everyone can sense it right after looking on their skills and stats.

Losing JSA kicked us into some kind of mannerism. We always put out same, the same, easy-piece for gaming.

I felt the thrill of play like, in three freaking years, when I drove Zhencha into someone's vicinity and took the best out of him, which was unable until we got the profiles. Daofei can't shoot standing on a wall, dish out a DEP to their face.

And I want you guys feel the thrill again, really. I see many good players in this forum, I was really amused when I read @Triumph 's good insight about Sun Tze. I wanna see more opinions like that.

Give this guy a try; I mean, you guys stayed in Yu Jing, and that means you got your prowess and experience about Yu Jing. Let me share those good play of you guys.

10. Triumph

Here's some more insight for you, the Liu Xing is an overpriced orange trashcan and his flagship rule sucks for him because it belongs on a disposable warband unit.

The naked truth is he'd be a magnitude better if he was NWI Medium Infantry to the point where I'd actually consider him worth playing. Everything comes back to this, being hackable just absolutely guts his ability to get aggressive in an opponent's backline.

A reminder the Zencha, well mostly the SMG profile, was considered good upon being revealed. People including me were pissy about the bait and switch true HI thing, but the profile itself was actually solid.

The Liu Xing didn't have this good will and certainly doesn't after seeing how utterly badly explode fails to gel or work with the model's profile

Kallas, ambisinister and Benkei like this.
  11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to get thrilled when you only get handed boring shit. But hey, I'm thrilled by Varuna and MO, that's good, right?

12. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

Wow, two mesages and bum! Im a white knighting CB, pretty weak if I have to say.

Yep, CB give us a digital copy of the book to make a first impresions, and that it they just have us the copy and no further instructions, I see the game more from the meta game than for fluff, and my opinion comes from an experienced player not from a "podcast wisdom" like I said the problem of the liu xing its not on the liuxing, ots on the lack of imagination of the player, its not white knighting its another perspective that not match yours, that is all, cut some slack with that name calling.

Like I said the explode can be used in a variety of ways, and If your rival has tp spend valuable orders and comand tokens to fend off, the it already paid for itself, also if your oponent lacks a good hacking network, that realitically, not everyone has by a huge margin, the yhe liu xing becomes even more scarier.

Buy hey you have your opinion and I have mine withouth having to call you anything.

berynius, nazroth, Berjiz and 4 others like this.
  13. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Thanks for your Podcast, by the way. Really made me hyped again.

14. Triumph

Suggesting stupid strategies that only work if your opponent is asleep at the wheel and can't deploy worth a damn, under the guise that apparently we all "lack imagination" or are "clumsy" either comes down to you being incompetent, or you're white knighting. Take your pick here.

Either way, your podcast wisdoms are falling flat I'm afraid.

Benkei likes this.
  15. Sibelius

Sibelius Nope

Yep names calling, you do you, you are a great asset to this forum.

16. Triumph

I like how you play the false outrage. Or were you not the person calling other people clumsy and accusing them of lacking imagination (aka, being stupid)?

Go on, white knight some more. We all need your highly valuable podcast wisdoms to understand how the game works.

#276 Triumph, Nov 12, 2018
  17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

So it’s confirmed then, the new drop troop is a dead profile.
    Kthx.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

But let's say it's a Spektr on suppression fire, potentially a difficult target to shift. Yes the dodge is slightly better, but it's still about a 20-25% chance you'll kill them with the drop roll, and knock them out of suppression in any case, plus you're now in a position to Shotgun them or whatever.

Bearing in mind the skill costs 1-2 pts that's pretty acceptable to me.

19. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

At best, I see Explode LX being a HEAVILY meta dependant thing.
    I can say the same for the Liu Xing, since unless we're playing in a very hacking barren meta ( Which is coincidentially the one I'm in, it's more or less guaranteed I will play against some form of Ariadna list at least once in a tourney, and very likely for me to fight some form of CA ( Which are VERY hacker light locally. Like one hacker at best for some odd reason in most lists. ) or Ariadna multiple times in a tourney. So yay, not much fear of hackers here. ), I shall assume the ''standard'' people have to deal with is an absolute ton of repeaters, which in the Liu Xings case is a pretty poor place to be, if not a horrendous place to be.

So I'll assume for the usual player it'll be a pretty poor unit.

I'll still probably find a use for it though, not like getting hacked is much of a worry when most of the local players play Ariadna.

ambisinister, Benkei and ObviousGray like this.
  20. Triumph

I think you're going to find that once people learn how this works, they're going to set up an overlapping field of fire on that Spektr from behind him or whatever equivalent they're setting up defensively here and you're not going to be able to drop without getting blasted.

TBH I already run into people doing this right now to stop Tigers from getting in behind their suppressive fire positions, and maybe that's partially my fault for recently going on a spate of stupid triple Tiger meme lists for shits and giggles.

This isn't exactly new strategy here. Last game I played I couldn't get my Spitfire Tiger into the position I wanted because there was all of a shitty Warcor watching the landing points I wanted and Patrocles had killed all my guns I had on that side of the table with the LOF and range to pick off the Warcor.

#280 Triumph, Nov 12, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation