1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Offensive???

Discussion in 'News' started by Elessar, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Is that so? In that case it's hilarious that MO players have adopted it considering how... less than well received the Holy Sepulchre knights are :)

inane.imp and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The origins of why they adopted it are a bit odd - it seems to stem from the game Crusader Kings II, became a meme about 2015, was picked up by Trump supporters on reddit shortly after, and as with almost everything the political part of reddit touches it was completely ruined minutes later by people taking it seriously. Hell, it's actually kinda bizarre being used by the American right-wing since they're mostly Protestant.

As for when and why PanO started using it, well, not sure, but I think they began using it about the same time, but it really picked up steam in Wotan IIRC.

Xeurian likes this.
  3. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

This garbage is exactly why I barely post here anymore.

If Stormfront appropriated pizza, you lot would be telling us we're no longer allowed to eat it without first bowing and scraping before the altar of the handful of online activists who take offense at the perseverance of our fondness for the pie. And, to be safe, best just not to eat it at all lest we encourage the horribles.

Out here in the real world there aren't secret Nazis hiding around every corner (despite what the talking heads keep telling you), and just because some race-baiting internet trolls pick up a turn of phrase doesn't mean that its continued use by the rest of the world is going to summon up arcane powers that will resurrect Hitler from his grave.

Get a life.

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

No, they're not hiding. In many cases they march openly in the streets. In two days we'll have 100th Polish Independence Day, and an annual march through the capital. One that was organized by the far right from the beginning, and is used by them as a rallying point. They invite fascists from other countries like Italian Forza Nuova, don uniforms in which they look like SA reenactment group, and sound more and more like it's the 30's all over again. So while you're perfectly right that a lot of activists goes over the line over usage of various symbols or phrases, don't tell me that it's just the talking heads invoking "brown scare". It's pretty fucking real.

As for Deus Vult - hell, I'm using it for shits and giggles despite being an atheist, because it's a fun way of getting into the spirit of the faction. If some white supremacist asshole uses it as well - fuck him. I can only say that a proper self-respecting MO player shouldn't stop there, and should go and learn some proper MO culture :D

#1004 Stiopa, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  5. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

lol

6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

If you just googled that info on wiki (like I did) then I can happily inform that’s its pure bullshit. I checked all the citations for the so called “alt right code” of deus vult and I found nothing but feverish rambling of low tier trash articles from Huffington Post, Polygon and even Vice, so in other words people who are professional offense takers and the type of people who call everyone right of Mao Zedong for “far right racists “

[​IMG]

ev0k, Erbent, eciu and 5 others like this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

You're the one that's stopped posting on an Internet forum because people online don't like fascists mate, pull yourself together.

Del S likes this.
  8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It’s almost fascinating how you misrepresented his entire statement and build a massive strawman, while entirely missing the point.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Varuna is Navy SEALs, the Sectorial, so Hooyah! is much more appropriate. (So says the old Sailor)

Aint that the truth!

@Koni , we need more news!!!

Abrilete, wuji and Stiopa like this.
  10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I have my doubts he was applying any morality. That's the fun part about the 21st century, you can simply not give a fuck and won't get burned at the stake for it.
    Assuming the priority here still is having fun with Infinity, why do I have to care what the alt right uses Pepe for, or what Antifa tells us not to use. I'm not a small-minded Murican political internet activist, it's my given right to not give a shit and ignore all that political crap.

Deus Vult forever.

If people could be bothered for the 'on' switch in their heads at times...
    ...now that would be great.
    Had the pleasure to witness a Nomad Player bitch about three Gao Raels on the other side of the table.
    Here's the twist, he had a Kriza Borac, 2 Morans and an Interventor HD+ Lt. Can you figure out why that had me in stitches?

#1010 Teslarod, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I get that it feels tiresome for it to be brought up, but people have given reasons as to why challenges to that shit can be seen in all places; because that shit pops up in all places.

But anyway, turning back to Infinity; Gao-Raels with Symbiomates are a pain in the arse.

However an Interventor putting White Noise down through a Moran and then a Kriza Borac HMG lighting them up works pretty well as an arse pain salve in my experience. It might take a few orders, but you can chew through them reasonably quick that way. Definitely had the tools for the job.

Did we ever get a ruling as to whether if you use the Symbiomate you can choose to fail guts?

kanluwen likes this.
  12. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

No, nothing official. But the strong lean in the community was to not allow Guts if you 'mate.

Abrilete likes this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, because previous years invitation of Black Block nobody bated an eye ^^

Not to mention this years march was just hijacked and forced to submission (including soft military threat) by the government ^^

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Why is this an issue and why it has become an issue?

Look I fully understand that this is a really politically charged era, but many forum users have become tired about these "issues" and I am growing tired to see reports about stopping extremist political discussion in the forum.

Everything is or can be used as an excuse of racism nowadays and everything can be offensive to somebody, somewhere, somehow, it is becoming increasingly ridiculous.

Please understand people come here primarily for Infinity, not to get the political sparing they see in their everyday life I am expecting people to understand context and expect humour been made in good faith, especially in an international forum, were most posters do not share neither common language nor common beliefs.

15. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to feel about this turn of discussion, though I do feel strongly that it's dangerous to dismiss nationalism and the rise of hate crimes as liberal sensitivities though. I wanted to make a point of the rise of hate group membership, but that was difficult to find resources on, but hate crimes themselves have increased (in the US) massively in the last four years.

I know personal antidotes aren't the strongest form of evidence, but I'm ethnically 1/8th Jewish, raised Christian. It works against me that that 1/8th went straight to my schnoz and I have a pure Hebrew rooted name. I've personally felt the change of culture and interaction in my life and I live if freaking California, where I imagine most instances of racism would be minimized. Europe seems to be going through the strains of both a rise of nationalism and racism as well, as it seems, but I'm not familiar enough on their politics and culture to be any authority on that, but its understandable that some on the forums have these issues on the forefront of their minds.

All that said, I think "Deus Vult" is fine and all in good fun in the context of infinity, with that context being a literal space papacy. Like all things, its a matter of tact and taste. If you're playing D&D and a guy makes a raunchy joke you all laugh and move on. If that same guy hyperfixates on his character's sexuality and brings that to the rest of the table... well, then its fair to be concerned that there might be an *ahem* deeper issue present there.

Edit: Sorry, I posted right after your warning was issued and didn't mean to fuel the discussion further

Plex, Stiopa, Shiwen and 2 others like this.
  16. Stiopa

As was said many times before, we need more news ;) Otherwise the discussion will meander into pretty much every other topic. Especially in the monthly speculation threads, the offtops there are legendary. And politics is a perfectly normal human activity, so it's little wonder that it gets mentioned as well. What's not normal, is treating other forum members in a toxic way, though that's the consequence of how toxic and divisive the politics have become. in recent years.

Now, back to the game. What do you expect from the 3rdO fluff? Because I doubt it'll be limited to Paradiso itself. I want to know more about what's going on with the blocades, and how the infiltration of the rest of the HS is going.

17. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for some Invincible Army heroism, YuJing safes the day of his and other citizens and not just because its a large propaganda sceme (it will be used for propaganda though) but to safe humans from a greather thread while PanO and Co. still bickering about territory.
    Some "Kick-the-Door-Open" Badassity with which IA will crush their opponents under Armored heels.

what should i say? im simple minded :D

Section9, Shiwen, Scribbler and 3 others like this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I could see that... a regiment of Invincibles holding the line to the last, fighting with blades and fists after supplies are exhausted, ensuring the civilians escape to whatever safety there might be...

Stiopa likes this.
  19. Stiopa

Yeah, that would be a nice development. Personally I'd like some stories about joint operations, different factions - or at least troops on the ground - fighting together against the common foe.

Xeurian, saint and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I think it was in the N3 book but i always loved the little blurb by a Yu-Jing solider that went something like "our support helped to allow a Pan-Oceanian unit pull out to safety, man i hate joint ops!" so i would love to see more about that, so long as we know everyone's not always happy with the arrangement.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation