1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naffatun sculpts vs Naffatun profile

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Geodron, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

I was looking at pictures of AP rifles within Haqq and noticed that the Naffatun heavy flamer model is pretty clearly modeled with a AP rifle.

Has CB ever commented on that? Haqq seems to have a few models that have stuff on them that isn't present on their profiles. Like the Maghariba having a pazerfaust arm and now a larger smart missile launcher, the Janissary Doc having a grenade launcher, the Zhayedan having a grenade launcher (there is a CSU breaker rifle model with a haqq breaker rifle and it doesn't have a grenade launcher). Those are off the top of my desk.

Are there more? Is that unique to Haqq sculpts vs profiles? Should those models get profiles to reflect the sculpts?

Camden Leisure Pirate likes this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Can't say anything about the Haqqislam Models, but Nomad Hellcats had Flamethrower in N2 and it can been seen on the hacker model but the actual profile doesn't have the LFT any longer. Could be the same with the Naffatun

Geodron likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the Jan doc is supposed to be a light shotgun but I think it's fairly common that a lot of options aren't present on models, this leads me to think wysiwyg isn't as much an issue as it is in say 40k?

Geodron likes this.
  4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

What you see in Naffatun 's rifles is a barrel modification in order to fit the flamethrower.
    What you wrongly identify as smart missile launcher in the Maghariba is actually the ECM. Also what you see as a grenade launcher in both Zhayedan and Janissary doc is the light shotgun from Haqq rifles. Finally, the CSU breaker rifle has nothing to see with Haqqislam rifles.

Nomad Hellcats have never had a combi + lightflamethrower in their profile. The first combi + flamethrower in Nomads was added with Tomcats and it's correctly reflected in the design.

Keep in mind that, with exception of original first Naffatum's sculpts and a Fusilier and Keisotsu light grenade launcher, CB didn't have the intention to sculpt underbarrel weapons in the combi rifles. The first clear sign of change in that policy started with the Tomcat sculpts.

ik3rian likes this.
  5. Geodron

I
    Could see thar but it appears to be the same design as the hunzakut lgl.
    CB seems to work from a different perspective than GW making wysiwyg a lesson in fustration. I think CB game/rules designers have had in the past created rules and profiles separate from the model sculptors who made what was described to them. GW mostly just writes rules to go with the models these days so you are unlikely to see rules profiles without models.

6. Geodron

Why would they need to put the AP rifle's muzzle break on HT Naffatun when they didn't for the LT? The HT on the model doesn't require the AP rifle muzzle break for any reason other that to look like an AP rifle. I didn't wrongly identify the ECM on the Maghariba because CB saw fit to use the exact same design for the smart missile launcher on the Shaytaniyah remote. The Zhayedan has the same rifle +LG profile as the 4 other models in the box, they have LGs modeled to the rifle just like the new Djanzaban, Rafiq, Farzan and Najjarun, so its definitely not supposed to be a LG. As I pointed out in my previous post, the Janissary has the same underslung design as the hunzakut lgl. The CSU with breaker rifle that comes in the Beyond the Red Veil box has the exact same design, sans lgl, as the Zhayedan.

Please at least look at the models if your going to act like an expert.

7. Ben Kenobi

Didn't play N2, only heard it from other player. All I can say is, that the Hellcat with CR and the hacker have LF on the model.

8. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I can't tell from a typical distance of three feet.

Barrogh and Deltervees like this.
  9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Not likely.
    They might, however, have Light Shotguns underbarrel on their Combis. Because that's what Hellcats in 1ed and 2ed did pack.

10. Ben Kenobi

Yes, it could be a light shotgun.
    But you are the first, who confirmed, that there was another weapon in N2.

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

And then there is the Aquila's shoulder mounted Panzerfaust which plays mp3s and dispenses mustard.

ambisinister likes this.
  12. Geodron

I am not sure CB even knows what the hell that thing is supposed to be anymore. Doesn't major Luna have one?

ambisinister likes this.
  13. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Exactly the same function there: None/mustard dispensal.

14. Griffin745

Griffin745 Member

They were combi + light shotgun.

15. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Not quite true GW looks at sales metrics and then builds rules to boost sales, at no time have they committed to balance or a commitment to models *cough*squats*cough*

16. Geodron

Last I read from the twilight of the Kirby years from former rules writers was that they wrote rules to models. They were encouraged to write awesome rules to encourage sales of the model as well. But basically they would get a model plopped on their desk and told to make it awesome.

Point being though that since Roundtree you basically will not see a single piece of gear that has rules that doesn't also have a model. Barring of course legacy stuff that has been quarantined in the Index books and relic type stuff.

CB seems to be on the fence on whether or not wysiswyg is something they want to commit to. I still think models are made before they have fully decided rules and when they adjust balance stuff that has been sculpted can still be present as markers from where they started rule designing.

Wombat85 likes this.
  17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Good heavens, how happy it makes me to have dropped the GW connection all those years ago (early 6ed WFB. Still have the models though, time to sell them I guess...)!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation