1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Escalation League and ITS-event first time

Discussion in 'OTM (Official Tournament Manager)' started by Gurka87, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Gurka87

Gurka87 New Member

Our local Infinity-community decided to try our hand at making our yearly Escalation Leage an official ITS league and I´ve taken on the responsibility to run it. I´ve had a look in the OTM and I had some questions I was hoping you could help me with to make sure it runs smoothly

Questions
    - Once I register the event ("New Event") using the code we´ve bought, what can´t be changed in the future? Im thinking in particular of things like numbers of players
    - How do I set "Escalation" for the league; I see "Scalation" in extras, is that it?
    - When I set scenario for each of the six-rounds; I can´t see any specific scenario for the different escalation-league scenarios, is it "custom scenario" the correct choice?
    - What tier is correct for Escalation?

Any advice you have for a first-time organizer for a small Escalation League is appreciated

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I think there is a new coding system in place now. It used to be that you used a different code per mission of a League. When it was like that you would set up each round as a different event, if that isn't the method anymore this will be out of date.

- You can change pretty much every setting up until you report the event.
    - Scalation is for Escalation. If it is still doing a single mission per event though that isn't needed
    - For the first few missions I just used Annihilation and then specific missions once the rules reached them. Admittedly I have done slightly modified mission selection from the ITS directions though.
    - Use the closest tier as the Escalation League is far more detailed than OTM allows.

Hope that helps

3. Gurka87

Gurka87 New Member

Many thanks for your answers, this helps! I have some follow-ups tho and maybe some stupid questions. I'll also describe how we hope to organize our league and maybe my questions will make sense

Previously when we have run our home-brewed Escalation, without ITS-registration and what not, we played it in five rounds. Every pair of players in each round had a two week period to play their match and then report to the organizer. When the two week period had passed, new pairs were determined by the organizer and another two-week period opened up for the plays to complete their match for the next stage in the escalation. So we played our league over roughly 15 weeks (christmas and such added time) and at the end a final winner was determined (Yu-Ying won last year but) counting wins and points.

Our community are hoping to do something similar this year since it was a great hit and our players really appreciated the format of the league.

But I´m not entirely sure how to operate the OTM

- I tried to set the rounds to six, but then I can´t run each of the scenario´s (for example, I can only select "Custom" or "Annihilation" once) more than once. What is a good way to get around this?
    - Could I use the code multiple times, to set up each a separate event for each round or do I have to set up a "League" and add all six rounds at once?

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

It sounds like it makes you enter everything at once now instead of separate events (I received 8 different codes when I ordered a digital league pack last spring). I suspect the system would not let you create different events from the same code, but you could try to open a new one and see what happens.

Personally I would just pick random missions if it locks you into the single event with rounds set-up and explain the round rules to your players before each one, adding in to ignore the OTM classification. While CB does get data from OTM on what missions are liked and used, I doubt your league would be enough to skew anything.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation