1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Soldier - Sniper

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by zapp, Nov 6, 2018.

1. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Hi there,

has anyone used the Tiger Sniper in ITS10 yet? As I see it, you have three options with him:

1) Deploy him on 16" on a Sniper Tower in your half of the table (as it is a Medium Infantry)
    2) Drop him on a Sniper Tower anywhere on the table. (and Deploy in perfect Sniper range if that fails)
    3) Deploy him on the side of a table to get good angles (use the spitfire for that)

What you get? A good positioned BS13 Sniper with Mimitism, that comes from nowhere (for option 2 and 3)

On the negative side, you pay for the AD Combat Jump and maybe don't use it. (Option1)
    And of course, that most negative point, there is no current model for that!

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I own one I converted myself, and it boils down to outside of Firefight just take Knauf. 2pts cheaper, can move 4-4 if you want to, and has Shock ammo and MSV1 as well.

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I have to agree Knauf or even Armand can be just as good or better. However, it's a nice surprise to have a TS come in from the side and shoot stuff on the other side!

4. descrii

descrii Well-Known Member

I used one yesterday in a game of Power Pack. My opponent was also playing Yu Jing and brought a guija. I had two tigers - an assault hacker and a sniper. I tried to drop the assault hacker near the guija to hack it, but deviated in front of the guija and was killed. Oops. So I was able to walk the sniper on my opponent's board edge (because of the weird deployment zones in Power Pack), kill a couple support troops hanging out at the rear, and then fire at the guija from behind. The tiger sniper only managed two wounds on the guija before he went down, but Major Lunah finished the tag off. Not a banner day for me, but I was pretty happy with the tiger sniper's performance.

mittenninja likes this.
  5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The difference to Knauf and Armand would be (for Option2) that you enemy does not know where the sniper will come from, but the risk to fail is there.

6. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

The tiger Sniper has one massive advantage over models like Knauff or Armand. It effectively has Hidden Deployment that you don't determine until after the deployment phase. It's basically a nisse that trades MSV for a better form of hidden deployment.

When running him, I walk him on on my DZ 90% of the time, but he is the perfect surpsise ARO piece to lock down a firelane that my opponent thought was undefended, or the perfect scalpel to eliminate a pesky ARO piece of his.

Also, here's my conversion.
    received_1983615678602702.jpeg

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Basically, he's something I run infrequently just to mess with people's heads and remind them that it can happen.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation