1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Haqqislam inspiration?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by theGricks, Oct 26, 2018.

1. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

A fun post on what folks find inspiring about their Haqqislam force. This means, what inspired their paint scheme? Was there a movie? A character? A picture? Did something inspire you to create background for your forces?

For me personally, I was motivated by the humanist, search for knowledge background that brought me to haqqislam. I always thought their models were pretty bad to be honest (this was back when the new Azra'il AP HMG was released, before the wave of re-sculpts). Once I started uncovering the artwork for Haqqislam, I loved it.

I personally tried to follow the color scheme, but with my colorblind eyes, I thought all their armor was green, not brown, so now I have a light brown and green armor. Which...works. I much prefer the browns though.

Camden Leisure Pirate and Drak like this.
  2. Drak

Drak Member

well, nice topic...

For me is haqqislam perfect connection of
    1) one of the nicest miniatures (who doesn't like shape of AK rifles)
    2) interesting fluff and historical background of an former outsider, who crawled to it's power through cultural renaissance... with all it's former cultural atributes like piracy and slave trade hanging in perfect balance with knowledge and hight tech bioengineering
    3) and most of all their playstyle of asymmetrical trades (don't like pano strategy: bigger gun wins)
    4) and pirates! (yeah, I'm primarly QK player)

For my force I choose sand & dark green colourscheme (how borring I know) with jungle bases, cause I'm building them as Paradiso task force. QK models uses red, RTF purple and HB much more brown and their traditional orange visors.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm very new to this but the jannisaries drew me in, then I saw the al fasid and caved in, the back ground is nice but the minis swing it for me. I spent a good few years in the Middle East so I've kind of lived on Bourak :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Theme wise I don't really know yet, I just grabbed red veil and the jannisaries, I guess I'm more keen on the armoured looking HI so some type of spec ops religious heavy hitting task force?

I colour them as close as I can to box art but I'm an old 40ker so I have tons of citadel paints and probably won't ever branch away from them too much as I'm very comfortable with using the range and getting desired colours and transitions.

4. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

I choosed Haqq because Assassins Creed, so they're red/white/black

5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I guess it was my fascination with Orient that laid at the very basis of me taking up Haqqislam. But I chose them after carefuly reading through a friend's rulebook, and checking up the fluff of all the factions of that time.
    And just none other cut it.

My paint schemes... well, there is nothing special behind them. Especially my QK, who have no unifying element save for their scenic bases. I kinda experimented, and savefot using the same brown shade for boots and webbing, each unit is different, I guess.

The Hassassins were unified by color (and scenic bases), as they got dark green uniforms and bright green accents on them. I'm now painting RTF with a smiliar concept in mind, though a different green is there (and I've just discovered that brass decoration goes well with it). Naturally, RTF get their distinct, separate base type :P

Camden Leisure Pirate likes this.
  6. echelon

echelon Member

Modelwise the Al Fasid with HMG is to blame. I like the bulky dude pointing his pistol at whatever is not worth the bullets of the HMG :D.

For color scheme I had to paint them black and red for resembling the Brotherhood of Nod, because that was my first idea when I gathered information. I mean come on: Religious troops with a giant scorpion-robot. Also Saladin as Kane.

Some models (Al Fasid, i.e.) even have freehand Nod-logos on their armor if I felt like it.

7. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Member

Mine are blue because I wanted to make Cobra troops after seeing the Muyibs, but then I had a terrible time painting the Cobra symbol on their chest and gave up on the theme, so they're just blue now.

8. Krofna

Krofna Well-Known Member

As a massive Dune fan, the Silk must flow. Actually, at first tried painting my Hassassins as Assassins Creed, but they ended up Nomad-like so I didn't like em.

Currently doing earthly colors with light blue as accent on power cables, visors and stuff. Overall pretty subdued, my good friend always teases me that I always start my schemes with 50 shades of brown. FB_IMG_1507705543702.jpg

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

I wanted a second faction that looked and played differently from my IS, and after reading the HB fluff was hooked on them. I recently picked up both the old and new HB starters for a decent price, and just went with their classic colors to tabletop quality to get them into action asap - actually had my first game yesterday, and while only 150 points they were a blast to play and surprisingly effective. (6-0 victory vs. USAriadna, though part of that was because my poor opponent couldn't make an ARM save to, well, save his guys' lives.) My Fiday was the MVP of course, but I was also very pleased with my Muyibs and Daylami. FWIW, while I was painting my new guys I also read a short book on the real Assassins (The Assassins by Bernard Lewis) and was especially inspired by how much of the real life Assassins' history has been incorporated into the HB by CB. For example Fiday, Ragik and Lasiq were all terms the Assassins used, their fortress HQS of Alamut was in the Daylam region of Persia etc. But the best tidbit I came across was the explanation for why Saladin isn't available to the HB - because in real life they tried to kill him, twice!.

#9 Space Ghost, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  10. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I am surprised that HB is so popular! In the local meta's here they are less desirable outside of a select few. Granted Haqq in general is less desirable I find.

@Space Ghost I need to check out that literature, while I know the over arching Hassassin historical context and history, I know little of any details.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

@theGricks Thanks for this great topic - while I can appreciate crunch, I really like fluff too! A quick disclaimer - while I liked Lewis' book because it was concise and well researched, I wouldn't call it a "page turner." So the dramatic moments were few and far between, though they were really there. But I was a history major, so I could appreciate this, even though it wasn't at all like "Assassin's Creed" on every page. Cheers!

P.S. Also, thanks for your recent post on Fidays on Friday - it was really interesting and useful. i.e. during my first game that I described above, I didn't use my Fiday as as Alpha striker, but for midfield board control and objectives. Which he really excelled at. Backed up by a simple Ghulam Haris (using proxied Daylamis) my Fiday took out three Grunts with defensive/offensive AP mines, then shanked a Maverick with his AP CCW, then grabbed a two OP objective for me. Perhaps all due to Fidays unbalancing things at 150 I must admit, but at 300 I can take two plus Hussein - which strikes me as fun, fun, fun, provided I have the orders to fuel them. Anyway,cheers!

12. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

My favourite video game character was my primary inspiration for choosing Haqqislam and Hassassin Bahram in particular. She is a Persian styled Hashihime. Her colour scheme is also serving as the basis for my paint scheme, though I'm still not 100% sure how I want to impliment it. It would have been a tie between Haqq and JSA otherwise.

13. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

When I started Infinity back in N2, the Mercenary background of QK instantly got me. I was first a little bit biased about the religious background (Something that kept me from starting Bakunin and PanO. An aversion against Religion in general) - but I found very little of that in QK so I was ok.
    I specially liked the Druze and Kaplan fluff and the middle eastern Saracen flavour of the QK fleet - this feeling of 1001 nights, Aladdin and Sindbad.

And it was fun to play, too - back then I always fielded Yuan Yuans, Bashis, Kaplan Core Link, Druze and Scarface, backed with Al'Hawwas, Remotes, some Ghulams and a Hafza Lt.

Errhile likes this.
  14. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I started Haqq as a second faction to my main Combined Army force.
    I initially had thoughts of making a QK force but it's ended up morphing into mainly Hassassins.
    I enjoy them as something very different to CA and really, who doesn't want to own the Maggy.

15. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

I was partly inspired by my adventure to Afghanaland, partly inspired by the Azra'il and the Maggie and partly inspired by taking 4 semesters of Arabic at university.

Haqq inspired me to get a minor in Middle Eastern Studies and focus the core of my degree on MENA politics.

Still waiting on RTF however....

WarHound, emperorsaistone and Xeurian like this.
  16. RomeoWhiskey

RomeoWhiskey Active Member

well ... I mainly play QK (obviously) and I started my color scheme inspired by their space theme, so my Sekban and Kaplan were painted in black and red ... a theme I then continued with the Druze
    being a fan of Dune I then started to paint all the resulpts since Red Veil in classic desert colors with details in greengrey (Feldgrau) and red ... so they fit my desert gaming table
    now I got Maggie and the new Remotes which will be painted to fit my main QK army ... even if I can't use Maggie legally there

17. Strange(r)

Strange(r) Member

After watching Infinity for several years I finally dived in during the first BoW Infinity Week.
    And when I saw Maggie (the old one) and the chicken remotes and the monobikes I instantly knew what faction I wanted to play.
    I just loved how different they looked from everyone elses toys.
    Also I like the plethora of light infantry and the reliance on "rank and file" troopers, because these are who win battles, not some posh knight or heroes or whatnot. ;)

I only finished my old Maggie in 2017 ;)

Attached Files:

18. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

When Gravity Fails series was probably the closest.

Stiopa likes this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No "Allah 2.0" ?;P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation