1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transport case

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by ransaka, Dec 10, 2017.

1. ransaka

ransaka Member

So, not really a scenery project but not really sure where else to post it.
    I wanted a travel case that would carry everything for the game without resorting to different bag and boxes for rulebooks, tokens etc and couldn't find anything I really liked the look of.
    So, I went off and purchased some KR Multicase half size trays for the minis and went from there. Several days of lunch breaks spent furiously working in illustrator and grabbing time on the laser cutter at work and I had a pile of 4mm MDF, some velcro and some foam in a pile in the spare room. Several hours later I finished putting it all together and I'm reasonably happy with it. The velcro on the compartments it plenty strong enough to hold the lids on during transit and the foam padding on the top cover helps to keep everything in the lower part of the case snug and secure without exerting too much pressure on the minis. It needs two more thin sheets to place on the top and bottom of the case to hide the joins and make it look pretty but apart from that I'm happy with how it's turned out. It holds minis, dice, tokens, templates, S markers, tape measure, Objective cards, both rulebooks, pencils and army lists.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

That's awesome an all in one! Great work!

3. ransaka

ransaka Member

Thank you!

4. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

It made me think back to the Iron Kingdoms messenger bag that they used for the rpg game.
    [​IMG]
    I like the mdf box that you created, but I really don't know anyone with access to this. So I remembered this and thought it be easy to convert over.

timberfox likes this.
  5. Mroowkojad

Mroowkojad Member

Nice case - very well thought over. I for myself have chosen different way - i prefer magnets to keep my minis safe. So i've made a box designed for magnetized minis - it's supposed to work for day to day storage and travel, though the travel side is not dominating. It fits into my backpack but it takes some effort and leaves very little space for anything else.
    IMG_20180216_183243.jpg
    IMG_20180216_183321.jpg

For tokens dice and cards i made a separate box that converts into a token organizer for battle use.
    IMG_20180220_074356.jpg IMG_20180220_074850.jpg

In future i plan to make a second, slightly smaller and more travel friendly box for minis, that would accommodate same size of trays, but only with three levels. Should be enough to take all minis for a tournament.

6. Moonova

Moonova New Member

can you repost your images. I am looking for ideas and inspiration.

7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

They're visible. The forum has some issues with images. Try again to watch the post but logged out, you should at least see the pics.

8. Moonova

Moonova New Member

Thanks for that. Soon as I logged in they were gone again lol. Yours is similar to the one I designed but didn't cut. I want to incorporate my token box with it but it seems a little big. I like his as I may be able to get my token box in it with no issues though I can't get 4mm MDF here only 6mm not that I have looked that hard. 6mm might make it little heavy. I could 6mm the outside and 3mm the dividers but again 6mm wieght adds up fast.

My token box. Top doubles as dice roller/box

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation