1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

suprised by some of the negativity to the new drop troop, I find that a really interesting unit. the zhencha im less sold on due to a lack of immunities, but its climbing plus is tasty too.

Solar, AdmiralJCJF, barakiel and 2 others like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, that's literally not at all in any way shape or form what I was making comment on. I was making a comment on, specifically, Yu Jing's portrayal before Uprising.

3. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Because Section 9 can't have a pony.

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Which was already a problem, since if you look at the faction description in the "Let's start Infinity!" guide, it talks about YJ's technology and rivalry with PanO... and then the fluff that's being written is just relentless jackboot stomping and civilian killing alongside a much more positive portrayal of PanO. I feel like Yu Jing mutated into a (jobber) villain faction after a lot of people had already gotten in to the faction, and a lot of other people got into the faction without the "they're evil murderers!" stuff shoved into their face. And now they're trying to walk it back because there was a disconnect between the expectations of people who palyed YJ and what Gutier wanted for the faction.

Kallas likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

That's what I was pointing out!

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The wording of a translation? Are you a native Spanish speaker that has heard the podcast to know if it is the wording that it's at fault?

Also, really classy calling me an asshole; doesn't really surprise me with your posting historial, but classy nevertheless.

Aldo, Ten Thousand Arrows and Kallas like this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

If you think IA is gonna have an "all HI force" without using REMs, Zhansis and fake HIs I think you are gonna be disappointed. Also, I'm quite sure you can make a decent MO list with just HIs and REMs now: old MO was kinda shitty, but the rework seems great.

But hey, let's go there, how come PanO has its HI sectorial (supposedly YJ gimmick) but YJ only has a single TAG (a super vanilla one too)? How come PanO has 4 sectorials and YJ has 2? Don't you think those are the kind of things that can maybe drive players to think the designers like PanO a little bit more than YJ?

Kallas and Pierzasty like this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

@Nemo No Name

If you immobilize someone on a rooftop (Climbing Plus is great for being on rooftops) it's hard to follow up vs that target. You need to Discover, get a Hacker/Repeater close, successfully execute the hack vs a resetting target with BTS, and then capitalize on the Hacking. If you climb up there, a mine blows you up and you trigger a Reset too. You can go for Isolation, but that's actually a very low probability program. And yes, Faerie Dust does help against HD, HD+ and AHDs. In a big way.

As for using AROs to Hack the Zencha... Marker State. Stealth. These are very basic, fundamental anti-Hacking advantages. The tools are all right there. They're being conveniently ignored in this discussion for the sake of axe-grinding. If someone drops a Repeater to go after your midfield HI too, they risk giving network access to KHDs. Throwing Repeaters around the midfield to pin a random HI is a double-edged sword, because it opens the door for KHDs to come at you.

Worth mentioning too... None of these problems or perceived issues are unit-specific. Even with a "proper" 2 Wound HI unit, you'd be facing all of these issues. Barriers are being artificially thrown up, without any real definition of there being a problem. If it's an insurmountable obstacle that you really see no way to solve, play Vanilla. That's why Guilangs exist.

Leper, saint, ambisinister and 5 others like this.
  9. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

What is the actual context of this?

10. Mahtamori

Just a minor correction; Hacking hooks on to the definitions of Zone of Control. Zone of Control extends outwards and upwards only 8". Most terrain aren't that tall, though.

ijw and Nemo No Name like this.
  11. Hecaton

Mmmm, and I was pointing out that there's a bit of a bait-and-switch with the portrayal of Yu Jing that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

12. Mahtamori

Well, besides that we don't know the rules for Explode - have you seen the state of the rules forums because of how it interacts with Hack Transport? Whining by other factions confirmed.

Benkei likes this.
  13. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

If a HI gets done with em ammo there is no need to follow up, imm2 and isolated might as well be dead.

Kallas and Section9 like this.
  14. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Yeah, my mistake, will update.

15. Mahtamori

Yes, I know, and I'm avoiding that topic intentionally.

16. Hecaton

Well, you gotta talk about it, otherwise we're dancing around the real issue.

Pierzasty likes this.
  17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

We were talking about Immobilize from Hacking, not Immobilize-2 from E/M.

If you get Imm-1 from Hacking, you def need to follow up, because the target's going to Reset out of it (or it will wear off, depending on the program) and be back in action.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Again, I don't need to do that. I just need to put Zhencha into a situation where it cannot drop Stealth or Marker state without being ARO'd.
    Locust AHD has 44% chance to Isolate Zhencha if Zhencha is not opposing it. Goes down to 27,5% if Fairy Dust is active.
    It helps, but again, are you willing to risk being isolated trying to do things?
    Or that KHD gets killed in return. It's all about what you have on table, sure. I mean, against Ariadna this vulnerability does not exist, yay?
    You're missing or ignoring the point of Yu Jing players. Zhencha has the vulnerability, but not the advantages of being a HI. Sure, this would be a problem. But at least then it wouldn't be dying to a random mine.

19. Mahtamori

thatslikeyouropinion.jpg

I think Uprising as the real issue has passed it's best before date. It is now a point of reference. IMO, until we get the rest of IA's units and fluff, the real issue is the lack of shock immunity on the Zhencha.

Section9 likes this.
  20. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

So the Zhencha isn't a good skirmisher because it can't eat a wound from a mine and survive? Just like 99% of the skirmishers out there?

Sedral likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation