1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FRRM in Escalation League

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by geo67, Oct 18, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Love em or hate em, escalation leagues, not FRRM, I'm in one.

I have been playing the game for probably a quarter now, maybe a bit longer, maybe a bit shorter. I'm usually not a fan of escalation leagues for numerous reasons.

1. They start off great, lots of energy and painted models, but then peter out, leaving the last weeks just dreary.
    2. Vet players playing them, against really green players, and pulling Vet things off. Things which they would never be able to do against another Vet player.
    3. Really new players, playing against other really new players, and stumbling, fumbling thru the rules, and or playing them wrong.

A really great Ariadna player suggested I play the FRRM in the league, since I love Duroc and Margot so much, and worked on a few lists with me, and so far, i'm loving the FRRM Sectorial. My only gripe, not enough Dogs, and that's it.

I think 150 is the soonest I can put Big D and Red Riding hood in, which is in two weeks.
    My question is this, Loup Garous, Moblots, or Briscards, and why or why not?

I know they do different things, but at 120, 150, 200 I need to get something with more punch than just the Bruant/Metro team. Or, should I run Bruant as a rambo piece, and field the Moblot/Metro team?

SWC is a pain at these lower levels.
    My 120 potential lists:
    [​IMG] Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (CH: Mimetism) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] BRIGADIER BRUANT Lieutenant Molotok, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

2 SWC | 119 Points

Open in Infinity Army

and/or

[​IMG] FRRM Escalade
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] MOBLOT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)

2 SWC | 119 Points

Open in Infinity Army

COncerns, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

2. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Is the first mission just a kill mission?

If so I'd take the first list with a couple of changes. Make a Metro your Lt and drop the paramedics to fit in a Warcor.

Bruant will be a main attack piece and is likely to go down anyway. He doesn't offer much advantage as your Lt in a link, better that the Lt involves some guess work for your opponent.

geo67 likes this.
  3. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

The 100 pt game was a straight up kill mission. I actually deployed very poorly, and my opponent was playing TAK. His piece in reserve was a dog warrior. Ouch, those things are so cheap, and brutal. i killed it with my Chasseur, but not until the damage was done to my Metro team. I mean a 3pt model, with mad abilities for 27 pts. I was jealous.

Round two, 120 pts, will not field a LT, and is another Kill Mission.

I have yet to use a WarCor, is 6th sense better than aerocam?

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I did never run in an opportunity where 6th sense would be useful.

geo67 likes this.
  5. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

6th Sense is an amazing skill (as you should know from running Chasseurs) , but not on a warcor. They don't have enough options for it to be useful to them. Just take the aero cam (360 visor) , stick them somewhere where they can be annoying and flashpulse and don't worry if they die. The order can alway be converted to regular with a command token if needed.

geo67 likes this.
  6. yluvatar

yluvatar Well-Known Member

In my last escalation I play something like that:

[​IMG] Sca120─────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minador) Fusil, Lanzallamas Lig., Minas Antipersona / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minador) Fusil, Lanzallamas Lig., Minas Antipersona / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR Fusil, Lanzallamas Lig., Minas Antipersona / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR Fusil, Lanzallamas Lig., Minas Antipersona / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] BRIGADIER BRUANT Teniente Molotok, Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO (CO: Camuflaje Limitado, Infiltración Inferior) Fusil, Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Pulso Flash / Pistola Aturdidora, Cuchillo. (0 | 3)
    2 CAP | 120 Puntos
    Abrir en Infinity Army

7. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Dog warriors are great but they're even better when they can AD and bring along a BS14 buddy! Just wait til later in the league, stick Mirage 5 in a list and watch the blood flow. Hell you could run it at 150pts.

[​IMG] Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1[​IMG] EQUIPE MIRAGE-5 undefined. (2 | 69) [​IMG] [​IMG] MARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37) [​IMG] [​IMG] DUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)[​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)[​IMG] MÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)[​IMG] MÉTRO HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19) 3 SWC | 150 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

geo67 likes this.
  8. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I am chomping at the bit to drop Mirage 5...I was trying to figure it out at 120, but it's just too tight on orders.
    I may bring a second list at 120, your list, and just watch people want to strangle me. LOL. 4 Chasseurs is really cruel, but in a great way!

A friend of mine convinced me that playing FRRM would be a great army to learn, lots of potential, powerful, and fun. So far, I've had a blast playing them, and painting them.

At the higher points, 200 on, what are some of the more useful units to bring in?
    I want to try Loups, and Briscards. Moblots seem nice too. I don't want to purchase models that I won't need. Plus, it's hard to find them, so I'm proxying USARF stuff, and painting them to look like FRRM.

Last thing, when to bring Knauf? Seems like such a useful tool, and could get a lot of good work in.
    Thanks

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation