1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about season2's critical success

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Genesis, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Genesis

Genesis Member

hi there, for season2's new critical success rule, I have a few things that are not clear. really appreciate if anyone can help with them.

• At the beginning of the Roll’s Switches Step, each critical success adds
    one success to the total amount of Symbols rolled.
    • You may use a critical success to activate Switches. When this is done, it
    counts as a success.

for the first sentence, is the added success regarded as a bonus? that means I will have this "added" success plus the original critical success. or does that mean the critical success just "transform" into a normal success that cannot be nullified? if the former is right, then does that mean one critical success can generate two success when I trigger switch or use normally?

for the second sentence, it seems the critical success is nerfed from the original rule, which can count as two success?

tks so much~

Attached Files:

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Thank you for pointing this out. I found your attached file on page 8 of the AGL 1.1 download under rules for Season 2. I agree with you that it seems to change the rule stated previously and not yet corrected that a result of :8: on a :+: had formerly counted as :2::2: for the purpose of Switches. I wonder if the previous rule still stands for casual play. The designers are probably consumed by preparing for Spiel Essen 2018 but we may get feedback from @zlavin.

Genesis likes this.
  3. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

CRITICAL SUCCESS

One of the possible results on a red die is the Critical Success, represented by the :8: symbol.

• In a Face to Face Roll, a Critical Success cannot be nullified by any :1: results on the opponent’s Roll.
    • The only way to nullify a :8: is by using a :7: to Nullify your opponent’s red die completely.
    At the beginning of the Roll’s Switches Step, each :8: adds one :2: to the total amount of Symbols rolled.
    • You may use a :8: to activate Switches. When this is done, it counts as a :2:.

This is the rule for AGL2 (It is mandatory for every AGL Tournament but you can apply it for casual games instead of the former rule if you want), to make it clear when you roll a :8: on a :+: dice you have to read it as a :8::2:. For Switches is the same as it was before and now it is better for damage as it can do one more :4: than before.

Flipswitch, -V- and Genesis like this.
  4. Genesis

Genesis Member

thanks, that helps a lot :)
    for a long time, I do think critical success is a bit weak... especially compared to its brother, the critical block. now is the right choice to buff it

5. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a fun little buff to aristos with red dice.

6. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

but ONLY from a begining of a roll switches step.
    it important if your model is Stunned :I: - with only a :8: in your roll you not lose the bonus :2: cause it not generated yet, & there is nothing to Nullify with Stun

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation