1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army post mortem

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Yeah that's a valid concern. I'm honestly not a fan of needing certain units to bring table wide buffs.

But it might be more like the Apsara? I don't think having sectorial only skills is that bad. It's kind of necessary for the way theyre trying to make sectorials more self sufficient while still giving vanilla All access.

2. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll have a unit that can deploy upfield and has minesweeper? Maybe these guys get access to a hacking program only they can use that's basically fairy dust level 2?

Krofna likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

You're right it is but It doesn't so much look like it but the Su-Jian does a bit. Still I'm hoping the Hulang are close to this. Maybe smaller versions? The Su-Jian is also a Special Trained Troop.

4. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

@Aldo, you must be so much fun at party's, keep it up

Use the same logic, CB saw all the sectorial and decided that it was too powerful as a IM or whatever, if you coud take it then you can take it now. That time was OK but now "they have to be proper HI" ? come on, be consistent.
    Or pop a blood vessel barking at nothing here, its your choice really.
    For the record, not trying to manober nothing, just trying for you guys to realize how most people are reading this
    So you know you dont have the information you need, you know that maybe you are angry about nothing and you still chose to be angry while you wait? hope you have good medical cover and blood pressure pills then.
    No one say play with THIS profiles, just play some games, for relax, you are reading what you want to confront, thats why you need space for perspective.
    Or you can get mad about nothing, wile changing nothing and venting like a madman..... your choice, if i´m you i go for a game and come back with the head clear or when all the info is in.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You're ignoring the fact that the Su-Jian predates assisted fire and other REM-centric supportware. While they could have changed the classification of units such as it or the Karakuri during the N3 conversion, they chose not to.

The Su-Jian also got a huge set of buffs with HSN3; if they were going to convert it to a REM in order to receive supportware, they just would have done that instead of giving it V: NWI, etc.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

You're not my pal, you're not my friend, I don't know you and I don't make assumptions about your life.

You tell me to leave the forums, I tell you to leave them yourself. If you are expecting me to be nice to you maybe you are deluding yourself.

Now, never @ me ever again.

jimbo slice likes this.
  7. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

This thread is ridiculously negative given we're getting a long awaited sectorial with 5+ unit profiles still under wraps. It's possible to place highly in tough tournaments with vanilla Yu Jing as they are today, never mind when they get access to all these flexible new toys. We still don't know which existing profiles are getting tweaked and updated, or given new possibilities in links.

There's also plenty of false statements and awful tactical assessments I've been skimming over.

1) Dodge cancels explode hits, so the OP is fantasizing there: http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/31191-solved-exploding-in-active-turn-any-aro/
    2) IA has access to a KHD already with the hac tao. Several of the other units could bring one also.
    3) Zhencha will dodge mines just fine. PH 13 and ARM 3 means they will make it through unscathed 75% of the time, which beats a Ninja's chances pretty solidly.

It's fine for there to be a spectrum of HI, from light infiltrators through to ARM 5 beasts. That's how you'll be able to push buttons and make the lists work with less models than lighter armed enemies.

I'm looking forward to bringing an EVO alongside a Liu Xing and dropping it on the head of a Tunguska Interventor to make it choose between hacking transport (WIP -6 vs PH +3) and dodging... and I don't even know what the explode LX rule does for sure yet. IA is going to be able to hand out a military grade beat down with heavy infantry firepower dominance. Wait for all the units before wailing you're beaten.

zapp, barakiel, Joametz and 2 others like this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Whoa guys

It's just a game

Let's be cool. Energetic discussion is one thing but hostility is unnecessary.

9. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

This thread is very much rightfully negative when the 2 units chosen to build hype for the next sectorial are mediocre profiles built around meme skills.

And by this thread I mean half of it. There's plenty of people saying how much they love the AD guy (I myself think he's alright) and for some reason the Zencha (which I find disappointing, but will use because having a dumpster fire in the midline is better than having zero midfield presence).

There's also lots of people being very defensive about those units for some reason?

And some people justifying profiles with "but how cool will my knockoff Space Muhreens look painted orange on the table" which is just mindfuck. I'm using 1st edition Invincibles, I couldn't care less about how "badass" will it feel when you put the lead into the table. I don't play this game to marvel at the 100000 varieties of "uninspiring pose with tactical rock". Give me tight rules and interesting, well made profiles.

Do you also make pew-pew noises when you deploy your
    ?

10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

btw guys.... just had time to finally watch the videos.
    I missed the Zuyong Character, something to look forward to.

We still don't know anything about Mowang, Daoying and Haidao, only the basic dossier appearance and some weapon/equipment choices.
    That said, what the heck could a Hulang Shocktrooper be?

berynius likes this.
  11. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Agree 100% with you. Now, to keep up this line of thought and good vibes: what are the chances of the Hulang being new Shikami-like hunting dogs?

I’m drooling over that idea, seeing how they got AVA 2 and a Duo rule.

How about you, guys?

Brother Smoke and berynius like this.
  12. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

From its placement in the Army listing it should be a Skirmisher, but what kind? as it has Fireteam Duo it can not have Camo so my guess is a proper HI with Forward Deployment LV1-2 and perhaps Mimitism or Albedo and while I'm whislisting a Nullifier (something I think would be fitting in the IA) preferably mounted on a Fast Panda like bot (Fierce Rat(TM)) As for other weapons who knows !?!

13. Someone

Someone Active Member

I don’t thinks Human Sphere nations have Nullifier technology. Would be a nice tool but probably not something we get.

14. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

The problem is we don't even know what IA is supposed to be. Last week we KNEW Tigers were a part of it.

Except they are not. And the first glimpse we get of IA, our first reinforcements since losing a big chunk of our roster, we get HI in name only. Profiles, which normally would be glossed over, that are center stage and fail to inspire confidence in things to come. So what are we supposed to expect?

CB has been not just opaque in its communications, but actually condescending and of questionable veracity. At no point did they take the lead with the community and explain What's what. This lack of management is by no means restricted to the Yu Jing faction, but arguably this faction needed it.

Uprising has been both too long ago and too recent at 6 months. 6 months is a long time to wait for concrete salve, particularly when no way forward was presented. And it's too short for a lot of us to reorient. We have been waiting. How long are we supposed to wait for a sign that CB has got our backs?

Ten Thousand Arrows and Kallas like this.
  15. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

@Someone Hmm I could have sworn that Haqq had Nullifiers at some point

16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Minor correction - unless I'm misremembering, it's been common knowledge on the forums for about a year that Tigers wouldn't be in IA.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  17. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

This seems plausible, but i am more inclined to believe they might be a cheap warband-style HI like MO's magisters.

Joametz likes this.
  18. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Can we really use the placement on the army list as an indicator of troop type? While it tends to follow a pattern, that particular location (skirmisher/warband/support) seems to catch some odd stuff. For example, on the Varuna list, that's where they put the Montessa and that's neither a skirmisher or a warband,

19. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

It’s a possibility, but the low AVA and the Duo rule kinda drive me to think they’re not. Wouldn’t mind having those either, though!

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think you must be misrembering then, because about a year ago we were surprised when the Tiger dossier for Red Veil explicitly said Tigers belong to "Yu Jing / Invincible Army"

https://human-sphere.com/images/thumb/1/1a/Tiger_(female).jpg/800px-Tiger_(female).jpg

Edit: surprised and worried what this meant for White Banner.

Kallas, Section9 and Keyrott like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation