1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna is here! :D

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Riquende

Riquende Well-Known Member

Zulus do seem on the pricey side, but it's only because of the PanO TO Infiltrator options. It looks like downgrading to Camo and FD1 isn't really saving enough points, but only because they go up to BS13 and get stronger weapon options. I did an analysis a little while ago of units that can start outside their DZ, in a marker state, with a B4 weapon. The list is shockingly small and has just been added to with the Spitfire loadout, which can potentially find an unexpected angle into the enemy DZ at a +3 range and open up with a B4 surprise shot on the first order of the game. Shock MMR loadout could also be handy, X visor is going to mean he's never taking a range penalty to any spot on the board.

Echo Bravo look to save a few points with their downgrade but pay for it with their weapons and weirdly don't have a basic combi or BS option. Red Fury will probably be popular as you can bring B4 in at a cheaper SWC cost than an Akal Spitfire.

Helot is the big surprise with Neurocinetics but I suppose it represents the suits quite well. Needs a lot of thought on which weapon option to go with though, SWC is looking like it'll be tight in this sectorial. LRL/SMG could be a cheap turret to try to lock down a local area.

2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

That's just a nice bonus <3
    K1 is bad design ammo because it hurts units that are already overpriced due to high cost of ARM, and is actively bad against units that have advantages under current ruleset (cheap units). So even if it was good for use in-game, it hurts the overall game balance. I would so much prefer if it was removed from game completely.

3. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

As a Yu Jing player...I can only shake my fist in angry jealousy at this video's reveals....this is disgustingly good. Yes the AD Trooper is a bit boring, but the Zulu Lieutenant? Wtf.... and combining it with 9-13 points Helots? Just unbelievable really...I heard people arguing that "Shock isn't as spread out as people think" when talking about the new "fake" Invincible Army HI....well guess what....it just got a LOT more available in PanO...for real low cheap...

Oh well....the rest of IA better be good, else they might as well name this book "Make PanO Great again, fuck everyone else" :-P

4. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Some very strong profiles. I'd say happy times for PanO.

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It's not that the profile are strong (some of them are), but the fact that actually PanO got some interesting equipment combinations (although it also got immortal BS13+mimetism ;D )

6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

When assault pistol on combi is not pure tax!
    Now Pano doing the Triangulated pistol better than Tohaa, it's something!

7. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

I love it. Varuna seems like a high-tech Ariadna. You've got a camo lt, shell games...

Am interested to see how Decoy is different from Ambush camo? Does each helot drop 3 camo tokens?

Have always appreciated CB for giving Aussies a bit of rep in the fluff. Will be very excited to have my Aussie/Indian Zulu Cobra Lt leading Varuna and the fishy bois to victory.

8. Tongfa

I like to think that the Zulu Cobra's Assault pistol is like the Halo 1 pistol. He just scopes in and puts down 4 shots at 48" from a freakin' pistol. Amazing.

9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Either Decoy or Limited Camo, there's the '/' in the profile. From the earlier video it seemed you get 2 extra copies of your Helot, which don't do anything (like ambush camo, that's not a camo token, but the actual troop, or Holoecho copies).

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Mind how it is written. It is camo OR (exclusive) decoy. So either you get a camo, or probably you place "almost Holo2, but without changing the appearence".

11. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Assault Pistol is max 60cm range. Triangulated Fire just lets you fire at flat penalty, but you are still limitied to max range.

12. Tongfa

Ah I missed the "/". That clears it up.

Off my gut - I feel I'd go for the Limited Camo then since it gives me that initial marker state and the option to move without breaking marker (I assume that Decoy breaks upon movement). But who knows - Decoy sounds like it could also be a ton of fun.

13. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Varuna is underwater for PanO player's drooling...

Section9, Stiopa, AdmiralJCJF and 3 others like this.
  14. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Surprise shot Triangulated fire from cover with an Ass Pis (oh god, what a name), imposing a -9 on return fire as a way of getting B4, hitting on 10's vs a Q-drone (when you need the "hard" take down).

15. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Always get the names muddled but the sensor jammer guy seriously owns as does the Helots. Holy crap.

16. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

[​IMG]

That is all.

ambisinister likes this.
  17. Nisse2MeetU!

Nisse2MeetU! Active Member

Pano is getting BS 13 which is indeed Awesome!

18. Nisse2MeetU!

Varuna looks at first glance like it may be one of , if not our most powerful sectoral??

19. Nisse2MeetU!

AVA 4 - Croc Men is Awesome! Its almost like FRRM having AVA
    4 Chausseurs! ;)

Pyra likes this.
  20. Nisse2MeetU!

Maybe your title “Make PanO Great again, f*ck everyone else”, could be used as the subtitle of the New book? ;)
    It seems like Pano got a boost worthy of the title, “Hyperpower of the Human Sphere!” ;)

#40 Nisse2MeetU!, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation