1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock Army's 'leaving present' should be...

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Riquende, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

Same here at our club. Everyone's just "WUT?!" What's next? Make a fo spec sergeant an s3 rem, starting in a DZ? Logic? They discontinue an old (not so old) Acon starter, but make a new unit of knights on bikes, with no model for them... Riiight.

2. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I'm waiting to see the whole picture. And I don't mind learning to play ASA again as I never played it for a long time. Changes aren't good or bad for the moment, we just don't know enough. But if things change, we should try to find out how to make the best of it rather than crying.

3. Pyra

Pyra Warmongering Potatoe

Reducing AVA on mulebots and bulleters is a really stupid idea, as far as we know Acon will be the only PanO force with lower AVAs of those troops. It is a shame that rem centric playstyle in Acon, really strong because of the presence of Scylla and Nagas, will be hurt a lot.

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Not a lot, 1 less Mulebot and 1 less Bulleteer isn't some big nerf. It'd make creating some lists a bit more difficult. But we don't know all the changes yet.

5. Pyra

Pyra Warmongering Potatoe

Well, a list with two Bulluters, one in each group on 8-9 orders as main pieces of attack is RIP if this is true. Loosing one Mulebot is not so crucial but almost all armies have two, why Acon should have less? All in all, it's just like +2 points to spend on most spam lists to pick regular with combi instead of a baggage bot. It's only more annoying in missions which demands to dominate an area since baggage gives extra 20VP in a zone.

6. Stiopa

This makes me think it might be a typo. Wouldn't be the first time. Just like the initial OSS roster showing Special fireteam for Sophotect, turned out it was an older version and wasn't updated for the video. Same goes for Montesas variable WIP.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  7. rooki1

rooki1 Korean Baccara Bot
    Warcor

In my opinion, this change will bring about more interesting and deadly options in the Panoceanian combat environment. Unlike the fragile, easy-to-remove heavy infantry thrown at the enemy's nose, newtesas are relatively cheap but solid assault units, unlike TAGs, unlike armbots.

The combination of mimetism, durability and stealth help them move safely to the enemy's location. When combined with newtesas' abilities and SAA's already abundant infiltrators, the effect will be substantial.

Stiopa likes this.
  8. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

They are on bikes. They dont stealth
    They also are bs13 and and have no high power weapon options. Or even mid range+ options.

But ultimately its more an issue with what was lost and a lack of depth of playstyle. Particularly given the removal of the previous profile

9. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

New Montesa's are interesting and something mechanically and thematically cool for PanO (HI on bikes!)

However, the nuking of the old Montesa kind of stinks of seeing the trees and not the forest. It was already an interesting unit by itself and it worked (YYMV like every other unit in the game). I liked the idea of the new Montesa's being outriders for their mechanized brethren. Yeah know... cavalry scouts to your armored cavalry (shrug). Also, it keeps that unit around with its models. That would be more of a win win based on our limited knowledge of what's coming with 3rd Offensive. Maybe one of the other knight groups will fill in the Montesa's old abilities.

So really instead of being a net positive its more neutral in the end for PanO. Which kind of goes back to CB's overall issue of not knowing what to do with PanO, creative apathy, or there is no design champion for them within CB (there really shouldn't need to be but it seems like there is for other factions in the game).

I think their MA2 says otherwise.

10. Stiopa

They can't take cover, but can still use Stealth.

ObviousGray likes this.
  11. daboarder

Warcor

I was thinking cautious and extrapolated that to all stealth.

I stand corrected. I still dont think that makes up for the loss

12. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

why not?

rooki1 likes this.
  13. Shrooms

Shrooms Well-Known Member

Like others have said, I thought the idea of Montesa bikes running alongside the MD profile was solid. Disappointed to lose the guy on foot, or at least to have used him as the dismounted version.
    So, how to repaint the old Monty spitfire? As a Santiago? De Fersen? Or do an arm swap? :(

Edit: Although I’ll obvs wait for revised MO list...

#73 Shrooms, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. Stiopa

I'm on the fence with this one. I like the new profiles, but I was also a fan of the older Montesas. Losing the ability to use some of your models is always a pain, and it happened to other factions.

That being said, I'm still not fully convinced that bikers will fully replace them. I believe CB might be trolling us in order to keep some surprises up their sleeve. An earlier bit of fluff said that Montesas are growing, expanding their territories and duties. Adding an Outrider squad to go with their Mechanized Infantry would fit that profile. Replacing it completely, with a unit with lower variety of options? Not so much. Something's fishy about it.

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, we still don’t know exactly how the events around the Third Offensive and the SAA specific pack will put them in the freezer... could be an explanation there why there’s only the outriders left, as it were.

16. Stiopa

Oh, I'm by no means convinced I'm right. It's just a hunch mixed with wishlisting. But it's there.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

I really hope we'll have both old and new Montesas, it makes perfect sence. So far most of SAA changes looks more "go to the oblivion and die alone" than "leaving present". Can't wait to see Army updates.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. daboarder

Warcor

Oh thatll make it all totally ok then. Yup a few lines of throw away text and all those pretty models amd tactical depth will be irrelevant
    -comic sans

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  19. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Or gives an idea of the thinking behind it... six of one, half a dozen of another... but, hey, something new and potentially useful, unlike anything else PanO has... nah, must be rubbish.

20. daboarder

Warcor

Doesnt mean much to me when you lose some of the few useful and interesting profiles we had for HI to get it.
    At best a net null....
    And more likely given the laodouts.....well you do you mao ;)

AdmiralJCJF, Rey and Mask like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation