1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Nomad Nation

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Oct 10, 2018.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Honestly I would consider reducing Brigada links to Duo only allowing more freedom in profile design, like reducing the ML to 1.5 swc.

Icchan and Golem2God like this.
  2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I'm aware, I was more referring to the other weapons, I should have done a better job of pointing that out in the original post.

Also why reduce them to only Duo? I know you said to have more freedom in profile design but that is kind of vague, and with duo not really giving you any real advantage past being able to move 2 models at once, which in some situations and compositions can perform okay but not really something I tend factor at list construction. I admit I may be completely missing something here on the effectiveness of duo.

3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I too am surprised that this hasn't been done yet. I'm also surprised that Corregidor doesn't have a new starter. Don't they have the oldest remaining starter besides PanO's Military Orders? I can't tell which one is the older of the two.

4. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

They do have a newer 300pt box - maybe CB thinks that's enough? MO gets a 300pt box, too - not a reworked starter.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I don't advocate removing the Core, but I do think that it's fine that the Core is suboptimal for 300pts non-LI.

Balance a Duo at 300pts non-LI, for missions where you want an ARM4 2W attack option.
    Balance the Core at LI and 400pts.

That changes the language from "MB are always suboptimal" to "the Duo is a good tough non-TAG option particularly in missions like Armoury or Acquisition, but the core doesn't really work outside a couple of niches".

That keeps CJC primarily focused around excellent MI, as it should be.

Golem2God and loricus like this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Right there would be a lot of missions I would use it for, and it would make a good variety of armored duos between Geckos and Brigada for whatever role you need. The concept of having a secondary feature of moving armored troops around could be a Corregidor standard.

A Multi and Hacker+Tinbot duo, or HMG and BSG as a guard/counter attacker, would be really interesting to me.

inane.imp and Vakarian like this.
  7. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

Stop it you guys are getting me excited about playing Brigada in CJC again instead of Starco!

Seriously I love all those ideas. Some upgraded profiles - especially with a slight cost adjustment, hackable needs to actually provide a bit of a discount - would make Brigada individually awesome. Some nice Duos or mixed Haris options would make them compete hard in-sectorial too.

Any excuse to put those gorgeous models on the table more often would make me so happy.

loricus likes this.
  8. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

The 300pt boxes are just packages of models already found elsewhere at a slight discount. They are also limited availability. This is a completely different situation to a starter box,

Corvus Belli has long seemed to consider the Corregidor starter box (2013) 'up-to-date'. Qapu Khalqi (also 2013) may be in the same limbo. They were at the start of the update process, so it older than most updated minis (and not quite in the style of most updated minis), but there are older things available from before the update process. For comparison, the older Bakunin starter was 2010. Military Orders (2010) and Shasvastii (2010) are the only (current) sectorials to not yet have updated starter boxes.

ALEPH, Ariadna, and JSA have not yet had their new starter models released as regular starter boxes. Considering they have been available in larger boxes for a little while now, this may happen soon. I am, of course, assuming that Operation: Cold Front is the new ALEPH and Ariadna: it could instead be OSS and Tartary with ALEPH and Ariadna still being out-of-date (I am not sure if CB have explicitly stated their intention here).

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation