1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counterintelligence question

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Lothair, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Hi guys, quick question,

Is it possible to go second and block 4 orders of the opponent's combat group using Counterintelligence?

If I understand correctly you can apply the Strategic Use of a command token twice instead of just once. Therefore can I remove 2 orders + 2 orders, or just 2 orders and limit Coordinated orders to 1 (so one Strategic Use each).

I'm asking for confirmation as I played a game with 11 orders (10 + TR bot in the second) and it bit me in the ass as my main combat group dropped to 6 orders at the beginning of the first turn :(

Thanks in advance

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

This doesn't allow you to use 2 strategic command token effects. It allows you to use 2 command tokens instead of one, if your opponent instead of removing orders from your pools chooses to limit your command token useage. You are misreading the rule.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No. Counterintelligence reduces the enemy's Strategic Use of Command Tokens when you're going first.

4. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Thank you, that makes sense. That seemed incredibly powerful :]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation