1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Offensive???

Discussion in 'News' started by Elessar, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Splod

Splod Well-Known Member

The old 'double tap'. Chest then head ;)

2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Pffft Combined Army are losers

"oh we're so badass fear us" couldn't pacify my back garden mate

3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

It's funny, but not true.

4. Elessar

Elessar 80stalgic console cowboy

It's funny and true ... best asset of CA - plot armor :stuck_out_tongue:

5. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Do we actually have a source for the derpy ORC art? I've not been able to find it anywhere but here.

6. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Is that the Nomad HVT

[​IMG]

ThananRollice likes this.
  7. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I was just thinking the same thing!

8. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

It was posted on the official Infinity Facebook page 8 minutes ago.

9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. (Anything said in Latin sounds profound)

Stiopa likes this.
  10. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Yep, saw it now.

I want to know why the art quality seems to be kinda poor on that one. It looks like some of the photoshopped "faction propaganda" that people put up during campaigns.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  11. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

Was there any word about a BoW Infinity week prior the release of the "Third Offensive"?

12. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

Oh I understand the historical context, but everyone involved was a pretty big fan of Jesus.

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think you should read the wiki on the Cathars beliefs. It starts with 'everything physical is the creation of the Devil' and gets significantly less-orthodox from there.

Rather severely profound misunderstandings, starting with a disavowal of the elements of the Nicene Creed. You don't have to say the Creed to be Christian, but you do need to believe in the elements of it.

xagroth, AdmiralJCJF and eciu like this.
  14. RecklessPrudence

RecklessPrudence Well-Known Member

I mean... the Nicene Creed wasn't adopted until almost three hundred years after the crucifixion, and was specifically adopted because there were questions among the clergy about the things it spoke of. And remember, early Christianity retained more of the trappings of the Jewish faith it grew out of, including the idea that questioning doctrine was encouraged, as critical thinking was important and our understanding of god is imperfect, so we should always be seeking to improve it. That's... kinda gotten lost by a large part of Christianity, somewhere along the way. Definitely largely lost in the Catholic branch of Christianity at the very latest shortly after Otto I made them the dominant political power in Europe in order to become named as Emperor of the Western Roman Empire (later known as the Holy Roman Empire), which was totally a seamless continuation of the Roman Empire that collapsed centuries earlier, you guys!

15. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

And here's where I remind everybody that only the western half of the Roman Empire collapsed. The Eastern half of the Roman empire survived for another millennium, more or less as a seamless continuation. A.D. 1453 was a terrible year. It's a shame very little is taught of the Eastern Empire in the west.

The Albigensian crusade was as much a land grab and a war of conquest against Occitania. The Franks did enjoy using religion as a cover for more material pursuits. ( see the 4th cursade, , ( a typo, but I like it so I'm leaving it) for example.)

These teasers are not interesting me at all. Anyone else? They are just boring. They tell me nothing about the book. Or much of anything really.

Elessar, DukeofEarl, Ariwch and 2 others like this.
  16. Section9

While true, the Albigensian Crusade started in 1209, almost 900 years after the Council of Nicaea (325AD).

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  17. Section9

Hopefully, since that would mean that the IA will be in the book. So far, there's not been anything to indicate that the IA will be in the book at all!

No. IIRC, the first Infinity Week was about the time Op:Icestorm was released, so around GenCon.

Yeah, so far I'm not convinced to order the book at all, let alone pre-order. But the pre-order discussion was settled back after Uprising as "never again".

As it is, unless someone who was not impressed with the fluff in Uprising tells me that the Third Offensive's fluff is much better, this may be the first Infinity book I completely skip.

Pierzasty likes this.
  18. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

IA is on board.

[​IMG]

19. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

This. As are all crusades, in fact. "Funny" fact is that the Church apologised for all its atrocities (I live near Montségur) only in 2016...

Back to the real topic: as an Acontecimento player, I really wonder if (and how) ASA will be handled in the book.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Can't find that one on Facebook, wonder where dulydude found it (though it's likely Facebook is just being its usual useless turd and not showing me content I actually care about)

It's a bit unusually flat and aggressive for a Corvus Belli poster

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation